why use DHEA in pct?

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
I am reading and gonna read for a nice good year and learn the sh*t out of steroids and pct before I run my m-drol...

there is just one thing that absolutely doesn't make any sense to me everytime I read it:

DHEA is a prohormone itself with sides and everything.. and I see it in almost every pct for a prohormone or steroid cycle... recommended by steroid veterans!?*!

why use a prohormone for the pct of another prohormone???

please someone tell me why?!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
I am reading and gonna read for a nice good year and learn the sh*t out of steroids and pct before I run my m-drol...

there is just one thing that absolutely doesn't make any sense to me everytime I read it:

DHEA is a prohormone itself with sides and everything.. and I see it in almost every pct for a prohormone or steroid cycle... recommended by steroid veterans!?*!

send me one link that has a veteran saying to use DHEA in PCT... On Cycle is a different story but ill just use test if im gonna use something that is known for lethargy

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have hit on exactly why I think all these DHEA products that are being marketed as prohormones are a ****ing joke.

DHEA can raise test and estro levels when they are deficient , which is why someone might insert it in their PCT.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It doesnt raise test/estro levels, DHEA converts to test and estro. If you took and AI with that, then you would have an increase in test, while estro is suppressed.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a low dose of dhea is helpful for suppressing cortisol, both on and off-cycle. "Low dose" being the operative words...

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
this is the topic:

*ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/29093-dr-d-pct.html----(I can't post links yet so I'm writing it this way)

Dr. D 's pct for superdrol

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
another question is:

people here prefer clomid to nolvadex to restart hpta (I am searching this subject too. how a serm restarts hpta)

today I read it on the newspaper that clomid caused cancer on a test group who used it for infertility problems (women) after 7 years... I'm a guy and male body is different than the female body I know but I don't know if this difference is valid for this case

nolvadex is not that popular on this forum and everyone prefer clomid. why is this?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
another question is:

people here prefer clomid to nolvadex to restart hpta (I am searching this subject too. how a serm restarts hpta)

today I read it on the newspaper that clomid caused cancer on a test group who used it for infertility problems (women) after 7 years... I'm a guy and male body is different than the female body I know but I don't know if this difference is valid for this case

nolvadex is not that popular on this forum and everyone prefer clomid. why is this?
Well this is hardly the best site for AAS info.
I use Clomid + Nolva. But I also don't use 19-nors.
Next PCT I'll be trying Torem instead.

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
Well this is hardly the best site for AAS info.
I use Clomid + Nolva. But I also don't use 19-nors.
Next PCT I'll be trying Torem instead.
hmm not trying to cause any confusion. correct me if I'm wrong..
I have m-drol from CEL which I know is a superdrol clone but it is not an aas. it is an orally active steroid that is falsely sold under the name of prohormone. it doesnt convert into a target hormone like phs do and is already active so it is not a prohormone either.. (I studied my lesson lol)

I'm still wondering why DHEA is good for pct??
maybe Dr. D. would tell why if he is still participating this forum..

and for the clomid case; if everyone use clomid to start there pct and kickstart the hpta then pass to nolvadex, it should be better than the nolva in something? (or everyone is following a myth and doing this without knowing the "why")

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have m-drol from CEL which I know is a superdrol clone but it is not an aas. it is an orally active steroid that is falsely sold under the name of prohormone. it doesnt convert into a target hormone like phs do and is already active so it is not a prohormone either.. (I studied my lesson lol)

and for the clomid case; if everyone use clomid to start there pct and kickstart the hpta then pass to nolvadex, it should be better than the nolva in something? (or everyone is following a myth and doing this without knowing the "why")
AAS stands for anabolic/androgenic steroid. There is no injectable in the name, and Supedrol definitely fits this category.

As one member pointed out DHEA can convert to test/estro therefore at a low dose it could help in PCT the same way including DAA or similar products in your PCT.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol is just an oral AAS that hasn't been banned yet.

Many guys (myself included) prefer a 20mg Nolva base + however much Clomid they can tolerate without sides (usually 50mg).

DHEA in PCT is counter-productive, since it is an exogenous hormone. It would be equivalent to using androgel during PCT. Some guys use it during PCT for the same reason they use Proviron: because it makes them feel better at the time, even though it can only slow HPTA recovery.

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
so no DHEA in pct. this one is set.

thank you all for the answers..

Andy G

Andy G

Awards

DHEA is not suppressive to HPTA, it is a prohomone in the same sense that Vitamin D-3 is a prohormone. DHEA is proven to blunt rising cortisol levels.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
DHEA is not suppressive to HPTA, it is a prohomone in the same sense that Vitamin D-3 is a prohormone. DHEA is proven to blunt rising cortisol levels.
It is an exogenous hormone that converts to test, estrogen, and bunch of other crap. How would that not be suppressive?
If it spurred the HPTA to produce more test, then no, it wouldn't be suppressive. However, I don't see how anything that increases test and estrogen levels while bypassing the hypothalamus and pituitary can't be suppressive.

Actually, I've gotten into this same debate before. The conclusion everyone drew was that if it actually is doing what it is supposed to (converting to test), then yes, it would be suppressive.
However, if it does not cause spermatogenesis, it is only because it is remaining in the form of DHEA and not converting to its target hormones (likely because the subject isn't hormonally deficient/suppressed).
Either way, it would be pointless to use in PCT (or ever, really). I'm sure you could blunt cortisol better and far cheaper with a couple grams of vitamin C.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All I wanna know is can it be used on cycle for a side of mdrol lethargy! It will not be in my pct

greaser

Awards

As has been stated, DHEA will convert to testosterone or estrogen, and if you take it with an AI, it will more likely convert to test.

HOWEVER, IMO, it should NOT be run during PCT.

ANYTIME you take an exogenous hormone, your endogenous hormone production will be suppressed. Low doses of DHEA might not make too much of a difference, but during PCT you are desperately tyring to restart your own endogenous testosterone production and to re-balance your HPTA, so taking something suppressive is a bad idea, IMO.

greaser

Awards
All I wanna know is can it be used on cycle for a side of mdrol lethargy! It will not be in my pct
Yes, definitely. In fact, it will help keep you sytem a bit more balanced because it will convert to Test and to estrogen -- and yes, you DO need some estrogen to build muscle and also for libido.

I ran Dermacrine (excellent source of DHEA) with Hdrol during a recent cycle and and my libido was through the roof the entire time, because I was getting a source of test, estro, and (by way of the 5 AR enzyme) DHT. It makes the cycle easier, and your HTPA is a little less out of whack.

Definitely NOT for PCT though.

greaser

Awards

A lot of people here will use Clomid for Tren, because Nolva isn't good for Tren. In other respects, Nolva is a better SERM. Clomid can cause a nasty estrogen rebound when you come off of it.

There's mounting evidence that Torem is better than either Nolva or Clomid (but I'm not sure about it's use for a Tren PCT since it's related to Nolva).

Here's an a good write up on the various SERMs.
For Mdrol, I'd run a low dose of Nolva or Torem along with the full TRS and TCF-1. However, if I'm correct in that this is your first cycle, I'd strongly suggest you run something milder than Mdrol. It's probably the harshest and most toxic legal AAS. Start with Hdrol aka Halodrol or maybe Havoc if you can find some. Just my 2 cents.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet going to get some DHEA tablets from my local pharmacy.....cause this is day 2 of mdrol and already I am LETHARGIC!

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Clomid can cause a nasty estrogen rebound when you come off of it.
No. You must be thinking of Letro. SERMs don't cause estro rebound because they don't suppress estrogen. They merely mimic and outcompete it in breast tissue. Also, Clomid has a fairly long active life, so even ER upregulation issues are rare.

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
this is getting better.
thank you all for the replies.
since the beginning I wasn't thinking running DHEA in pct was a good idea either... for suppressing the estros ai's are good...

Yeah I ordered m-drol without making much research about it first. found out that it was a superdrol clone after I already ordered it. I am gonna keep it and start with a milder one.
my aim was to recomp. I was thinking to run 11-oxo but it comes so f**king expensive! and some people here suggested I should consider m-drol for that. anyways. I am not getting bit*h tits for trying to get bigger. I will keep reading and learning until I feel I am ready.

in a conversation I read someone say "if you are prone to getting gyno you will get it with m-drol"
how do I know if I'm likely to get gyno??

*note
oh gawd! this write up at primordial performance's web site about serms is scaaaary!

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
*note
oh gawd! this write up at primordial performance's web site about serms is scaaaary!
Don't be concerned with that. PP's a great company, but if you are running a PH, you need to run a SERM in PCT IMO.

Check out the writeups at tunedsports. Lots of great info for first time users as well as experienced users.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
DR.D

AMSpace Points: 428,432

Friends: (117)
Leave Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeton_yea
Dr. D or anyoen with the answer,

what exactly does dhea do after coming off the superdrol cycle...does it make the person feel better...is this the main ourpose of using dhea pct?

studies have shown that it doesnt increase muscle mass...my dad takes the stuff

It reduces depression, supports libido and adrenal function, antagonizes elevated cortisol, and contributes an easy testosterone precursor, amoung it's many other functions. It just fits well in PCT in my experience. Look up those threads I mentioned if your really interested. Some of the other guys had some excellent links and studies in there. I plan to take it till I die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord "is a shield to all who trust in Him" - 2 Samuel 22:31

Soli Deo Gloria!

dpfisher

No. You must be thinking of Letro. SERMs don't cause estro rebound because they don't suppress estrogen. They merely mimic and outcompete it in breast tissue. Also, Clomid has a fairly long active life, so even ER upregulation issues are rare.
Clomid is a racemic mixture of a estrogen receptor agonist and antagonist. Guess which lasts longer? So no, it's not so much "rebound" as you lose your estrogen protection while increasing estrogenic effects. I have used clomid in the past and it's great but I will probably have nolva or adex on hand for coming off clomid in the future.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Clomid is a racemic mixture of a estrogen receptor agonist and antagonist. Guess which lasts longer? So no, it's not so much "rebound" as you lose your estrogen protection while increasing estrogenic effects. I have used clomid in the past and it's great but I will probably have nolva or adex on hand for coming off clomid in the future.
Well, this is true. I've never used Clomid without Nolva, so I haven't experienced any of this. It still seems unlikely though, especially if you taper off it.

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
so from what I read, I understand clomid is used in pct because it doesnt suppress estros in the same way nolva does and is better at restarting hpta??

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
so from what I read, I understand clomid is used in pct because it doesnt suppress estros in the same way nolva does and is better at restarting hpta??
I think you're just making stuff up at this point.

Like I already told you, the best PCT (apart from maybe Torem) is a 20mg Nolva base, with as much Clomid as you can handle (50-100mg) for the first couple weeks. You're making this more complicated than it is.

Besides, any short oral cycle isn't going to shut you down completely, so PCT isn't a huge issue unless you're looking at lengthy injectable cycles. Any SERM at a decent dose will do just fine.

greaser

Awards
This is what I was refering to when I said "rebound," which was an inaccurate description on my part. The problem with Clomid is that's both an ER antagonist AND agonist. You don't get this problem with Nolva. However, maybe using an AI or Nolva to help with coming off Clomid might work, as suggested above. However, in that case, why not just run Nolva to begin with (assuming you're not cycling Tren)?

roidnoob

roidnoob

Awards
I think you're just making stuff up at this point.

Like I already told you, the best PCT (apart from maybe Torem) is a 20mg Nolva base, with as much Clomid as you can handle (50-100mg) for the first couple weeks. You're making this more complicated than it is.

Besides, any short oral cycle isn't going to shut you down completely, so PCT isn't a huge issue unless you're looking at lengthy injectable cycles. Any SERM at a decent dose will do just fine.

thanks! this was what I was expecting to hear...

onthemove

Awards
so really, low doses of DHEA are always safe to take whenever you want?