OEP with PCS?

JC1088

Awards
Well, I'm just about done with my 4th week of pct, I will be finished with my nolva at the end of this week, but I was going to continue taking AI's Post cycle support for 2 more week due to not starting it until week 3 of pct. I want to stack OEP and recreate, but is it okay to do that while still taking the post cycle support?

JC1088

Awards
Would it be better to take the recreate and wait on the oep?

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is there a particular concern you have? I'm not aware of any issues in regards to what you are mentioning...

JC1088

Awards
well, I read somewhere that oep and other thermogenics with caffeine actually raise cortisol levels, and the pcs is supposed to be fighting the high cortisol from my cycle. I just want to make sure that I keep as much of the gains as possible and I would like to try to lose some more fat by taking the oep and recreate.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry, but Post Cycle Support doesn't combat cortisol. It regulates estrogen and boosts test.

I do know what you're talking about as far as the cortisol/stim/caffeine correlation though. I remember reading about that when I first signed up here at AM. You should be back close to your baseline by now, but if you're concerned, then check out cort blockers at NP. Check out Lean Xtreme, Lean FX, X-Lean, Suppress C, Endoamp, etc.

EDIT: Wait, doesn't Recreate work against cortisol?

And on a side note, be careful to not cut too soon after bulking up. I'm not sure what kind of cycle you just had, but I know from experience that cutting out too many calories shortly after a cycle is an easy way to lose those newly earned gains :(

JC1088

Awards
okay, thank you. I had the idea that as testosterone increases cortisol decreases, but I don't know where I got that idea from.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, cortisol is a catabolic hormone and testosterone is an anabolic hormone. I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. We're not talking about exogenous test/AAS being added or supraphysiological levels though. We're talking about restoring a natural homeostasis after a suppressive cycle (which sometimes results in a baseline higher than pre-cycle).

Yes, testosterone and AAS have the ability to lower muscle cortisol metabolism. During PCT you will have a low test:cortisol ratio. Until your natural test levels have been restored, cortisol is said to exist in a high enough ratio to test to be catabolic.

In all honesty, I'm unsure if it's simply a high enough test:cortisol ratio that prevents catabolism or if test itself actually decreases cortisol. I believe it's the actual ratio though. Therefore, if you can decrease cortisol during low levels of test, you can decrease catabolism.

I appreciate your questions and statements. I had to engage a few brain cells that I haven't used in a while, lol.

Repped!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ya i dont see why not, youre basically done with pct so youre gonna cut. seems good to me

JC1088

Awards
Okay, awesome that makes me feel much better, just didn't want to jump the gun and lose the muscle and strength that I added. Thanks.