AI alone for PCT proposal

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
***THIS IS BY NO MEANS A RECOMMENDATION OR A COMPLETE GUIDE***

Edit: Thinking about it, high estrogen levels are a good thing during PCT. If the body wants equilibrium, higher estrogen might be better (that way test would/should compensate).

I'm just looking for feedback.

Now, I realize this is generally frowned upon, but just hear me out. A little bit of the basics... SERMs are used for PCT because they stop estrogen from binding to certain receptors instead of lowering estrogen. AIs are used on cycle because they lower estrogen. Using a SERM on cycle would mean lots of test being converted to estrogen, so that's a no go, hence why the AI is used instead of the SERM. However, using the AI means that estrogen levels are pretty low at the end of a cycle. This causes a rebound effect that can cause estradiol levels to rise high enough for problems like gyno to occur.

My proposal is to use letrozole or another AI to keep estrogen levels low after a cycle. With a 2-4 day half-life it becomes a bit trickier. With pills... this might be impossible. I'm thinking a 7 week PCT would be best because of the somewhat long half-life.

Week 1: .36mg ED
Week 2: .30mg ED
Week 3: .25mg ED
Week 4: .20mg ED
Week 5: .15mg ED
Week 6: .10mg ED
Week 7: .5mg ED

This might not even need to be so slow. It could easily go like:

Week 1: .36mg ED
Week 2: .26mg ED
Week 3: .16mg ED
Week 4: .6mg ED

I don't have sufficient information on these levels of dosing to know for sure. I know that .36mg is the recommended dosing for those trying to lower estrogen while having elevated levels, and that is recommended on cycle as well.

SERM side effects: blood clots, stroke
AI side effects: less severe heart problems, possible loss of bone density.

Anecdotally it seems SERMs have more side effects. Letrozole is also much cheaper when used this way, especially with the 4 week proposal.

Now, what do you guys think? I'm sure this is full of holes, but I'd like to hear some so I can abandon this outright or use this for my next cycle and have bloodwork done often.

weeniman

Awards
I think an important variable you haven't mentioned, is WHAT you're going to "cycle."
The degree of aromatization will greatly effect est. levels, and your choice of how to control it--both on cycle and post cycle.