Default Long Term GnRH suppression --> downregulation/reduction GnRH Receptor ?

living2die

living2die

Awards
I am well aware that after long term AAS use, the LH receptors in the body (namely sex organs, brain, etc) become downregulated/suppresses/reduced in number do to the low/non existing circulating LH levels.

Does the same occur with GnRH receptors ? If one had been continuously using AAS for extended periods, using HCG to stimulate the hormonal pathway (as an LH analog), would GnRH receptors also be reduced in number, as well as suffer from downregulation due to the complete or near to complete absence of GnRH ?

I know that when someone has been taking AAS long term without concomitant HCG use, after beginning to supplement w/ HCG, it will take a while for the testes and the like to respond to the HCG circulating in the body because the body has downregulated/reduced in capacity the number of LH receptors...however in time, the body will 're-grow/reactivate' LH receptors within the body after x amount of time using HCG.

If this analogy of HCG can be applied to GnRH supplementation, I wonder how long it would take for the body to 'reactivate/regrow' GnRH receptors after prolonged absence of a GnRH signal due to long term AAS use?

shanebee

Awards
can't post links: PMID: 19587220

Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009 Sep;297(3):C591-600. Epub 2009 Jul 8.
Agonist-induced internalization and downregulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors.
Finch AR, Caunt CJ, Armstrong SP, McArdle CA.

Though thats down regulation via agonists, it's a starting point. Remember this research is being done on immortalized cell lines (cancerous).