Alternate SERMS

Thinker

Awards
Was wondering if anyone can provide any insight as the the usage of SERMS other than Clomid and Nolva. I can not get my hands on Clomid or Nolva and I am looking at alternatives, especially Ormeloxifene, which I believe that I can get my hands on. Ormeloxifene is a component of birth control pills (but not limited to) and as such is used for extended periods safely. Info about successes / failures and dosages would be appreciated as would a point in the right direction. It would appear to have a long half life (bonus?) as the normal usage involves one pill once a week.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I will see what others have to say about it. I have only used Nolva and Clomid with great results.

Thinker

Awards
Thanks. I am collecting a whole heap of data on other serms at the moment... some third and fourth generation ones included, some without the drawbacks of Nolva. Will post here if your interested. Have a good amount of studies and information just not how it relates to PCT. I am surprised there is not more discussion within the community about the 3rd and 4th generation SERMS. On piece of information I have come across is that they have tested one SERM (name escapes me at the moment) for treating and preventing prostate cancer which would suggest the ability to protect the prostate and be available on prescription for men. There are a few SERMS under review that have NO estrogenic activity at all.

Thinker

Awards
"Tamoxifen versus the newer SERMs: what is the evidence?"

annonc.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/11/suppl_3/255.pdf

"Both EM-800 and its active metabolite, EM-652, are potent antagonists of the ER subtypes a and p [66]. Pre-clinical, in vitro data showed EM-800 and EM-652 to be the most potent anti-oestrogens known to date when tested in breast cancer cell lines. They were also devoid of any of the oestrogen agonist activity for example stimulation of cell growth in ZR 75-1 and MCF-7 cell lines in the absence of oestrogens [67]. Mice treated with EM-800 developed uterine and vaginal atrophy that was greater than seen in ovariectomised animals. Also there was complete inhibition of mammary gland development [68,69]."