How To Workout During PCT?

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will be doing a 12 week test e/p-plex cycle. I know that you need to back off on volume during PCT but what would be the best workout? I will be doing German Volume Training on the 12 week cycle. I was thinking maybe an HST workout during PCT? Thanks for the input guys.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
curious as well, bump.

In my opinion what i always thought, is your best bet is to keep the highest training intensity you can off to keep your gains because you will loose at minimum a slight amount, especially in strength. So HST may be good but i am unsure, because of that SDC period when you take a week off and how your lifting lower intensity for a few weeks.

Curious to see what some people say on this topic.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I take off the first 4 days of PCT from training; then on Friday of week 1 PCT I begin using a full body workout, then Sunday (both with reduced volume). Week 2, 3xweek full body (with reduced volume). Weeks 3-4, 3xweek full body (full volume).

In this way I'm focusing on compound lifts, utilizing the maximum amount of muscle mass in a given workout, and keeping my workouts brief, intense, and efficient.

Crowbar

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Train for maintenance. You can either reduce overall volume or reduce intensity, but the training has to be somewhat scaled back.

CGK

Awards
Can calorie intake during OTC PCT for a mild PH cycle be <maintenance, or is this asking for trouble?

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would go at least a little hyper-caloric.

Crowbar

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I take off the first 4 days of PCT from training; then on Friday of week 1 PCT I begin using a full body workout, then Sunday (both with reduced volume). Week 2, 3xweek full body (with reduced volume). Weeks 3-4, 3xweek full body (full volume).

In this way I'm focusing on compound lifts, utilizing the maximum amount of muscle mass in a given workout, and keeping my workouts brief, intense, and efficient.

Crowbar
Train for maintenance. You can either reduce overall volume or reduce intensity, but the training has to be somewhat scaled back.

Agreed. X2.