1st Time Post---Novedex XT/ATD Blood Work

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

1st Time Post---Novedex XT/ATD Blood Work

Hey guys,

To make a long story short, I basically got labs done on 8/28/09 that showed Total T=397 ng/dl. On 9/20, I got another lab done that showed Total T=660 ng/dl. I called endo's nurse and told them that I had taken Novedex XT for 2 weeks (2 capsules per night) but had discontinued 2 days before the test. Now I'm on Sustain Alpha (5 on, 2 off).

Question:
    Isn't there a study done in the 70's that shows that ATD causes a false elevation in blood serum testosterone levels? I remember reading in a forum where someone had posted a study done on rats?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

yea i also read a story similar to that, there is a specific test that you can do that shows your true test levels not all of the atd metabolites which appear to give u a high boost in test
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

What were free T levels at? Total T can be misleading due to SHBG binding in the body
    Celtic Labs Rep
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

if you're trying to get a normalized level I don't know why you wouldn't stop your supplements for at least a month before? most SERMS and AIs will give you useless test readings
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by avast322 View Post
    Hey guys,

To make a long story short, I basically got labs done on 8/28/09 that showed Total T=397 ng/dl. On 9/20, I got another lab done that showed Total T=660 ng/dl. I called endo's nurse and told them that I had taken Novedex XT for 2 weeks (2 capsules per night) but had discontinued 2 days before the test. Now I'm on Sustain Alpha (5 on, 2 off).

Question:
    Isn't there a study done in the 70's that shows that ATD causes a false elevation in blood serum testosterone levels? I remember reading in a forum where someone had posted a study done on rats?
    ATD converts to 1,4,6 test metabolites which cause false elevations in test.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeshark00 View Post
    ATD converts to 1,4,6 test metabolites which cause false elevations in test.
    you read that of the PP website. this is only a theory, stop parroting **** you havent a clue about.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryH View Post
    you read that of the PP website. this is only a theory, stop parroting **** you havent a clue about.

you are absoultly RIGHT i have no 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE of this and my comment should have been prefaced with this.

i stand corrected.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. When is the best time to get blood work?
    By Nemesis RR in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
  2. TST post cycle blood work anyone?
    By jcam222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:03 AM