Quit taking 3 4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran in PCT to increase your testosterone

  1. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quit taking 3 4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran in PCT to increase your testosterone


    If I see another thread regarding this method I am going to

    So many PCT products contain this stuff. I am not going after those products. I am just saying, the compound during PCT is dumb.

    Ok carry on.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  2. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I probably put this in the wrong section. Oh well I'm a newb
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. Senior Member
    ShakesAllDay's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    714
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I am just saying, the compound during PCT is dumb.
    Are you just going to leave it at that?
    •   
       

  4. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    SHBG also binds E2. So, by lowering SHBG, you are also increasing E2. The amount of estrogen increased from a lowering of SHBG in men has a greater effect than the T released. Not that big of a deal if you are "on cycle", but a bad idea if you are in PCT. In PCT you actually want to increase your SHBG.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  5. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    SHBG also binds E2. So, by lowering SHBG, you are also increasing E2. The amount of estrogen increased from a lowering of SHBG in men has a greater effect than the T released. Not that big of a deal if you are "on cycle", but a bad idea if you are in PCT. In PCT you actually want to increase your SHBG.
    gotta say that i agree!

    i wouldnt run it without an AI anyway, on top of that using it in the begining of PCT is useless... towards the end will be fine IMO (after 4-6 weeks on SERMs, then add it)
  6. Senior Member
    ShakesAllDay's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    714
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Why take it at all then? If the rise in E correlates to less natural test production than what is gained by the increase in free test. I think I said that right.
  7. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    the rise in E2 can be counted by an AI thus still keeping the ratio still favorable for testosterone
  8. Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    321366
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    6.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    SHBG also binds E2. So, by lowering SHBG, you are also increasing E2. The amount of estrogen increased from a lowering of SHBG in men has a greater effect than the T released. Not that big of a deal if you are "on cycle", but a bad idea if you are in PCT. In PCT you actually want to increase your SHBG.
    I think you may be a bit confused. By lowering SHBG your total testosterone levels may or may not change but your free test should increase. Free test is what were looking for.

    Stinging Nettle is typically used to balance hormones, so it's an excellent herb to take along with other natural testosterone boosters. I've never heard of or experienced any estrogenic side effects with this supplement and I have taken it off and on for years. As a matter of fact, it works well to prevent these types of problems.
  9. Board Sponsor
    GoHardOrGoHme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,370
    Rep Power
    165274
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    9.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ineteresting thread.....

    Natty got's a good point. SHBG does bind to both E2 nd T so during a PCT where i believe the fear is in E2 rebound, this could be a somewhat counter productive product if not taken with a good AI.

    However this brings upa secondary question in my mind. Should the nettle root extract be taken always with an AI to increase the effictiveness of this product?
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I think you may be a bit confused. By lowering SHBG your total testosterone levels may or may not change but your free test should increase. Free test is what were looking for.

    Stinging Nettle is typically used to balance hormones, so it's an excellent herb to take along with other natural testosterone boosters. I've never heard of or experienced any estrogenic side effects with this supplement and I have taken it off and on for years. As a matter of fact, it works well to prevent these types of problems.
    I know this. I sort of thought it was "implied". The extract of stinging nettle that I listed is used to lower SHBG or inhibit binding to SHBG. Either way, they are both bad for PCT.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    ineteresting thread.....

    Natty got's a good point. SHBG does bind to both E2 nd T so during a PCT where i believe the fear is in E2 rebound, this could be a somewhat counter productive product if not taken with a good AI.

    However this brings upa secondary question in my mind. Should the nettle root extract be taken always with an AI to increase the effictiveness of this product?
    I would, yes. Even if it was a small dose of an AI. But the catch is, do we really know how long nettle root causes the flux in SHBG? You could think it's one day and it may not be for 7 days you know?

    The lowering of SHBG by androgens is ONE of the reasons people probably end up getting gyno on compounds that do not aromatize.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. Advanced Member
    machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    420
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    43.65%

    dinoiii tested this on people in PCT and their bloodwork came unaffected by divanil. He was assuming the same thing but real life is different. Of course personal experiences can vary a lot.
  13. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,206
    Rep Power
    3388982
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
    dinoiii tested this on people in PCT and their bloodwork came unaffected by divanil. He was assuming the same thing but real life is different. Of course personal experiences can vary a lot.
    Yea. Never believe anything you read from personal experiences on the forums. Medical studies > forum personal experience.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778050
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Yea. Never believe anything you read from personal experiences on the forums. Medical studies > forum personal experience.
    Heretic. You could be burned at the stake for saying that
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Board Sponsor
    GoHardOrGoHme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,370
    Rep Power
    165274
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    9.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hmm

    Test booster + divanil + AI = good natty stack

    Actually that seems to be what anabolic inn. did with testopro. They added a pretty well known test booster, testofen then added the divanil to unbind the bound test and indole-3-carbinol to prevent aromatization of the test to estrogen.

    The quercetin i dont know what it does besides being a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory and the bioprene helps increase the efficacy of all of the above....looks nice.
  16. Advanced Member
    machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    420
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    43.65%

    Testofen does not boost test directly, it binds to receptors just like test does.

    In addition to Testosterone support, it also acts like Testosterone by binding to the Testosterone receptor sites and creating Testosterone like activity.
    http://www.testofen.com/


    I3C is not an AI but an enzyme modulator that pushes the estrogens downstream to other estrogens.

    Anyway, a strong AI will likely push SHBG down way more than divanil but not for everyone.
  17. Board Sponsor
    GoHardOrGoHme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,370
    Rep Power
    165274
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    9.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
    Testofen does not boost test directly, it binds to receptors just like test does.



    http://www.testofen.com/


    I3C is not an AI but an enzyme modulator that pushes the estrogens downstream to other estrogens.

    Anyway, a strong AI will likely push SHBG down way more than divanil but not for everyone.
    A-HA! this i did not know thanks you for the correction!
  18. Senior Member
    Liftingstud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Power
    1184
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    19.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    The lowering of SHBG by androgens is ONE of the reasons people probably end up getting gyno on compounds that do not aromatize.
    this is very correct and a good point people tend to forget. They think just bc it doesn't aromatize u can't get gyno.
  19. Senior Member
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    3821
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    What about it while on cycle to lower SHBG which has an effect on androgen recepetors?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Zinc Dosage to increase testosterone? Already taking Mega Men
    By pittguy578 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 10:31 AM
  2. How to Naturally Increase Testosterone?
    By LhuRecman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 12:28 AM
  3. what supplements sould i be taking to increase muscle mass
    By tryingharder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in