How long does a SERM stay in one's system?

skrypt

Awards
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I've never found the answer. How long does a SERM stay in one's system, and is there any method(be it urine test, etc.) that can show one has taken, or is taking a SERM?

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Depends on SERM, but most are 5-7 day HALF life.

skrypt

Awards
Nolva. I'm assuming that wouldn't pop on a normal urine test(I'm not in a position to take one, but come the spring I'm probably going to be going through some medical screening, I am unsure how thorough) so I figured I would try and figure out how long a SERM could potitionally show for and on what test.

dpfisher

I don't think it would ever show up as anything unless you were taking a doping test. I've taken some tests for places with super strict security and none have tested for anything steroid related.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Right. Manny did get nailed with taking Clomid remember.

dpfisher

Right. Manny did get nailed with taking Clomid remember.
Yeah, he's an athlete so that would be a sports doping test. As far as the rest of us go nobody's going to steroid test you for a job.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
The DOT does not test for any PH's of meds. The Gov't uses the NIDA 5. I wouldn't worry about it much.

But, if your getting tests done for cancer screening and your taking Nolva-a breast cancer drug...........? Who knows?

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
The DOT does not test for any PH's of meds. The Gov't uses the NIDA 5. I wouldn't worry about it much.

But, if your getting tests done for cancer screening and your taking Nolva-a breast cancer drug...........? Who knows?
there isnt any "cancer screening test" that would pick up Nolva. you'd have to run a specific lab assay for the exact chemical you're looking for....which as you said just doesnt happen with standard urine drug screens.