Why start cort. control day 1; why start cort. control week 3?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Some say add a cort. control product immediately in your pct, day 1. Others say add a cort. control product the beginning of week 3 of your pct. I have not been able to find an answer as to why it is better to start week 3 over day one or vise-versa. All I can find is a few varying suggestions as to when to start the product and when cortisol becomes an issue, but nothing that seems to be concrete evidence, just opinions.

Anyone have insight on this?

whsktklfklf

Awards
I am interested in knowing the answer for this question as well???

htlcalifornia

Awards
start with antiestrogen, 5 days after add test booster, and 5 days after again add anti cortisol stuff...

Yellow

Yellow

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol is low post-cycle because you are in hypoadrenal state (low).
Best Option for cortisol suppression would be starting it 2-2.5 weeks in as a hypOadrenal state can lend you worse off.
The presence of a hypOadrenal (low) state already existent due to coupling of cross-over feedback as well as Glucocorticoid Receptor (GR) actions

Here is the quote from dinoiii (Dr. Dana Houser, MD, MHSA, CISSN):
The rationale supplied for use of this compound in the post-cycle era, however, through cortisol suppression, I have never understood effectively as stated in Part II and in various posts. Exogenous androgen introduction tends to universally suppress the adrenal gland via feedback inhibition of ACTH. Recall that ACTH subsequently imparts action on production of various adrenal hormones, in this case cortisol being one. For how this effect is seen here, I offer the following “simplified” model:

Step 1: “On” cycle = exogenous androgen introduction, not only leading to subsequent endogenous shutdown of the Leydig cell production of testosterone through feedback inhibition of the pituitary’s production of LH, but also a negative feedback that mimics adrenal cortical (zona reticularis) overproduction of androgenic outflow offering negative feedback tie-in to ACTH pathways.

Step 2: “Off” cycle (PCT) = cessation of exogenous androgen introduction in a still suppressed ACTH (albeit partial) environment (hypOadrenalism) and subsequent low-level cortisol production, amongst other adrenal byproducts.

Step 3: ACTH regeneration BEFORE LH regeneration (due to partial vs. complete negative feedback mechanisms). The question we set out to answer was when this becomes clinically significant. The answer appears to be more complex than the time I would like to offer here, however, I will summarize a few key points:

(1) Half-life of the exogenous compound seems to play a role on ACTH regeneration (which may seem “common sensical”, but how many automatically have assumed immediate catabolism?).
(2) Many factors (dietary as well as other) seem to impart a role on anti-catabolic nature of post-cycle time frame (again, perhaps another “common-sensical” point, but how often is it seen that people go from a hypERcaloric state while “on” cycle into a state of immediate hypOcalorism?).
(3) Another in-house study has given us some answers into regeneration-time frames. Overall, the 3-week mark post-cycle appears preliminarily to be a time of universal cortisol up-regulation. The first two weeks are assumed to remain in suppression almost independent of the type of agent used. Use of substances such as 7-oxo / 7-keto compounds seems better left out of post-cycle planning for that immediate 2-week time frame.
I usually run mine at the start of week 3 of PCT and it works well.
But some people prefer running it at day 1 because they said that cortisol will rise as soon as the we take out any anabolic compounds.

Hope this helps...

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight Yellow, much appreciated.

jagger81

Awards
I was under the impression that when making this decision you had to take the half life of the compound into consideration. If your pinning a slow releasing test base then you would wait 2 weeks. If you were taking a quick oral like hdrol then you would begin the day after your last dose??

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that when making this decision you had to take the half life of the compound into consideration. If your pinning a slow releasing test base then you would wait 2 weeks. If you were taking a quick oral like hdrol then you would begin the day after your last dose??
You are essentially correct, but the reference to week 1 and week 3 is in regards to relation of PCT genesis.

D_