Nolvadex during cycle?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I've always used nolvadex (tamoxifen) after my cycle as part of PCT. The place I get my gear said to take 10mg nolvadex everyday of the cycle in addition to during PCT. Has anyone ever heard of this? That sounds like a lot of stress on the liver to be taking nolva for like 16 weeks.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ive read this too. something like 10mg a day, then upping for the last 4 weeks or so for pct.

Looks like it is for gyno prevention.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Good idea with a high aromitizing substance.. Nolva is not as toxic as many beleive.. studies have shown up to 6 months on the drug with the worst side effect being diarrhea. Also, if your pinning your gear- your bypassing your liver so in that case it should be even less strenuous (sp) on the liver.
I plan on doing 20mg EOD on my next cycle, but I actaully have gyno and will be pulsing some orals..
If you don't have preexisting gyno then you might not need to, but if your running high doses of an aromatizing compound I don't think it would hurt at all.. I would reccomend an AI but I've also seen studies that AI's aren't sufficient in reducing gyno (in the event you already have it) but could supress its formation..
Goodluck man

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Good idea with a high aromitizing substance.. Nolva is not as toxic as many beleive.. studies have shown up to 6 months on the drug with the worst side effect being diarrhea. Also, if your pinning your gear- your bypassing your liver so in that case it should be even less strenuous (sp) on the liver.
I plan on doing 20mg EOD on my next cycle, but I actaully have gyno and will be pulsing some orals..
If you don't have preexisting gyno then you might not need to, but if your running high doses of an aromatizing compound I don't think it would hurt at all.. I would reccomend an AI but I've also seen studies that AI's aren't sufficient in reducing gyno (in the event you already have it) but could supress its formation..
Goodluck man
ok wait a minute. i have test, which can aromatize and turn in to estro right? now the only thing that nolva is gonna do is stop the estro from binding to the receptor right? it does not do anything to the estro that is building up in my body does it? so why would i take nolva "on cycle"? it does nothing to the high amount of estro i may have. but an AI would control it and or elimitate the estro....correct?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
ok wait a minute. i have test, which can aromatize and turn in to estro right? now the only thing that nolva is gonna do is stop the estro from binding to the receptor right? it does not do anything to the estro that is building up in my body does it? so why would i take nolva "on cycle"? it does nothing to the high amount of estro i may have. but an AI would control it and or elimitate the estro....correct?
Thats what I'm saying. Nolva wouldnt be worth sh*t on cycle.

Dakota10986

Awards
Nolvadex is used by women with breast cancer for YEARS at a time...so using it for a 12-15 week cycle shouldn't be as bad on your body as you think. And it does have advantages during cycle. It prevents estradiol from causing gynecomastia but it will still give you the benefits of estrogen as well (like support for the immune system and more gains...which estrogen does help with...thus Synovex containing estradiol AND testosterone instead of just test in order to put on muscle mass in heifers). I personally like the bloat that come along with a good bulking cycle...makes me much bigger than I would be dry...(and makes me feel like im getting more from my cycle). That's just me though...