Anastrozole / Arimidex for PCT

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I was doing some research on other possible SERMs used for PCT. I've used nolva everytime and was thinking about using something different next time to see how I react. (That, or use nolva at a low dose, along with another SERM).

I refuse to use Clomid b/c of the stories I've heard of people getting emotional and all that stuff.

Anyhow, I found this interesting report on Anastrozole (Arimidex), and it seems it my be a good viable option for PCT, based on the following:

"From the research I've done, this seems to be the best ancillary compound around for use on a cycle. First off, 1mg per day of this stuff (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7 ) was shown to decrease estrogen by about 50% and increase testosterone levels by 58%. That’s a level of estrogen suppression I’m very comfortable with on virtually any cycle. Interestingly, that same study showed that those results were had with .5mgs/day as well. So, since you can elevate testosterone, lower estrogen (but not excessively), and keep healthy joints and lipids, and do this at a half mg per day, I give this my highest rating for an ancillary product to use on a cycle…"

Is it possible for this alone to get the job done in pct?

Bananna08

Awards
Arimidex is an AI not a SERM.

Clomid or Nolva for PCT

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. You are correct but according to a couple of studies, it clearly seems like it should be a viable option for PCT. Here is one study that shows it does everything one looks for during PCT. It raises testosterone and LH, and decreases estrogen.

You'll probably have to click the link at the bottom to view the actual charts, but here is the info:

TABLE 1. Baseline clinical characteristics and gonadal steroid concentrations

Figure 1 shows the changes in serum bioavailable testosterone, total testosterone, and DHT during the 12-wk study period. Mean (± SD) serum bioavailable testosterone levels increased from 99 ± 31 to 207 ± 65 ng/dl in group 1 (anastrozole 1 mg daily) and from 115 ± 37 to 178 ± 55 ng/dl in group 2 (anastrozole 1 mg twice weekly) (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = 0.054 group 1 vs. group 2). Mean serum total testosterone levels increased from 343 ± 61 to 572 ± 139 ng/dl in group 1 and from 397 ± 106 to 520 ± 91 ng/dl in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = 0.012 group 1 vs. group 2). Mean serum DHT levels increased from 37 ± 14 to 47 ± 18 ng/dl in group 1 (P = 0.005 vs. placebo), but the increase in group 2 was not statistically different, compared with the placebo group.

View larger version (26K):
[in this window]
[in a new window]
FIG. 1. Mean (±SE) serum androgen levels during the 12-wk study period. To convert values for bioavailable testosterone and testosterone to nanomoles per liter, multiply by 0.0347. To convert DHT to nanomoles per liter, multiply by 0.0344.

Figure 2 shows the individual changes in bioavailable testosterone between wk 0 and 12 in the study subjects divided by group. Levels increased by more than 100% in six of the 12 men in group 1 and in three of the 11 men in group 2 but in none of the men in group 3. In fact, no subject in the placebo group had an increase in bioavailable testosterone of more than 22%.

View larger version (24K):
[in this window]
[in a new window]
FIG. 2. Individual serum bioavailable testosterone levels at wk 0 and 12. To convert values for bioavailable testosterone to nanomoles per liter, multiply by 0.0347.

Figure 3 shows the changes in mean serum estrogens during the 12-wk study period. Mean serum estradiol levels decreased from 26 ± 8 to 17 ± 6 pg/ml in group 1 and from 27 ± 8 to 17 ± 5 pg/ml in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2). Notably, the 12-wk serum estradiol levels remained in the normal male range (10–50 pg/ml) in all but one treated subject (group 1 subject, level 9 pg/ml). Mean serum estrone levels decreased from 38 ± 19 to 21 ± 9 pg/ml in group 1 and from 45 ± 16 to 23 ± 7 pg/ml in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2). Mean serum SHBG levels decreased from 38 ± 12 to 34 ± 12 nmol/liter in group 1 (P = 0.015 vs. placebo) but did not decrease significantly in group 2, compared with the placebo group.

View larger version (33K):
[in this window]
[in a new window]
FIG. 3. Mean (±SE) serum estrogen levels during the 12-wk study period. To convert values for estrone and estradiol to picomoles per liter multiply by 37 and 3.67, respectively.

Figure 4 shows the change in serum LH levels during the 12-wk study period. Mean serum LH levels increased from 5.1 ± 4.8 to 7.9 ± 6.5 U/liter and from 4.1 ± 1.6 to 7.2 ± 2.8 U/liter in groups 1 and 2, respectively (P = 0.007 group 1 vs. placebo, P = 0.003 group 2 vs. placebo, and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2). Mean serum FSH levels increased from 10.0 ± 13.9 to 13.9 ± 14.8 U/liter in group 1 and from 7.8 ± 6.5 to 10.3 ± 5.8 U/liter in group 2 (P < 0.001 group 1 vs. placebo, P = 0.005 group 2 vs. placebo, and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2).

View larger version (13K):
[in this window]
[in a new window]
FIG. 4. Mean (±SE) serum LH levels at wk 0 and 12 in men receiving 1 mg of anastrozole daily (group 1), 1 mg of anastrozole twice weekly (group 2), or placebo (group 3).

No significant between-group changes were observed in health-related quality of life (MOS Short-Form Health Survey), erectile function (International Index of Erectile Function), or benign prostatic hyperplasia symptoms (American Urological Association Symptom Index Score).

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/3/1174

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
it should be clomid or nolva for pct. a-dex is mainly used on cycle to prevent water retention and estrogen related sides. i have seen people use it during pct u can do .25mgs ED or .5mgs EOD

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
it should be clomid or nolva for pct. a-dex is mainly used on cycle to prevent water retention and estrogen related sides. i have seen people use it during pct u can do .25mgs ED or .5mgs EOD
Agree, And if you want something other than clomid or nolva, use Toremifene

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can use Adex in PCT, just dont only use Adex, use clomid as well.

if you choose torem or nolva then aromasin is the only other choice as an AI.

but i always have an AI in PCT.

RageRv

RageRv

Awards
niiice what about a clomid/tamox mix plus Anastrozole

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex is an AI not a SERM.

Clomid or Nolva for PCT
But why? Adex seems to have some great properties for PCT.

But why?

I mean no offence guys, it is just every time somebody asks this questing people always reply "clomid or nolva for PCT" and that's it. No explanation even though Arimidex seems to have some favourable properties

TeXaStRoNg

Banned
Awards
I used Arimidex on cycle at .25 mg EOD and am using along side Nolva for pct. No bad side effects no bloating. I'm happy it was my first cycle.