L-tyrosine during PCT ??

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Do you think this would be beneficial or detrimental to gains during PCT ?? It's supposed to help raise your metabolic rate, but also boost Test levels. My concern is the metabolism being raised. Any thoughts to this ??

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Do you think this would be beneficial or detrimental to gains during PCT ?? It's supposed to help raise your metabolic rate, but also boost Test levels. My concern is the metabolism being raised. Any thoughts to this ??
Tyrosine, by itself, probably won't raise metabolism.

If you're eating enough protein then you should be getting more than enough tyrosine. Your body won't use it simply because its there. If your T3 levels are stable, then more T4 won't be synthesized from Tyrosine.

However, Tyrosine can aid in sleep, recovery and cortisol reduction.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Tyrosine, by itself, probably won't raise metabolism.

If you're eating enough protein then you should be getting more than enough tyrosine. Your body won't use it simply because its there. If your T3 levels are stable, then more T4 won't be synthesized from Tyrosine.

However, Tyrosine can aid in sleep, recovery and cortisol reduction.

Thanks bud, I think I'll keep taking it because it makes me super alert during the day. The original reason for taking it is for Restless Leg Syndrome. Seems to help a lot with this.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you don't sleep under a ceiling fan with RLS!

Hahaha, my dad has it and his leg shot up in the air one night and hit the fan running on high. I still laugh thinking about that story.

Good luck to you.

frozencore12

Awards
it wont do anything unless specific conditions are implemented,
things like, taking a large enough dose on an empty stomach (read no competing aminos) OR taking it with an MAOI OR taking it with an adrenegic receptor agonist. biosynth of thyroid is tricky. The control is based in your genes, sure there could be things that you can do to promote transcript of the pertinent enzymes (consult endocrinology and biochem texts/journals). Its probably a good idea to supplement with tyrosine (3-4g several times daily) and possibly an iodine supplement (carefull!). oh and there is guggulsterones. Also check out the tyrosine with an N-acetyl substituent--way less fluffy. dang having wrote all that i realize that perhaps you don't want to boost thryroid?? as to boosting test levels, the modern day spin on the laws of similar would suggest yes it would, yet I doubt it. let us know if you find a protocol that does. Good for energy or GH release, pain relief, or thyroid boosting? possibly a weak effect.