Letrozole tappering down to prevent Estro rebound

MrTexas1982

Awards
Hey Fellas, and Gurus,

I need some advice. I finished a pulse cycle of epistane/ PCT for 4 weeks using an OTC pct, and about week 4 of my PCT i got a case of puffy gyno(happened overnight) on my left side(horrible stuff).

I started running letro using the famous dosing schedule (.25mg up to 2.5) and ran at 2.5 for about 3weeks, This got rid of about 70% of the gyno and also made me lose about 8 pounds.

Now im ready to taper down from the letro, and i know the schedule says taper down 2.5, 2.0,1.5,1.0,.5,.25. Then run a serm for about 2weeks. I currently have Torm and plan on using that for 2weeks once i taper down off the letro.

How do guys think that is going to work. Will that safely prevent a rebound, or am i still gonna be game for gyno. Also, can i continue the letro at 2.5 for another week or so leading to a total of 6 weeks on letro or is that too long. And if the torm is a safe bet to prevent the estro rebound after coming off the letro, can i run it for a total of 4 weeks instead of 2 for extra care and prevention.

Also my sides from the letro were low libido, can still get wood when needed, just don't have the desire for sex, I didn't notice my boys shrinking any either. Joint pain, but used alot of fish oil and that seemed to work great except when going into my last set of heavy reps.

Please chime in with some advise guys, cause the letro advise was on the money, still got some unilateral puffiness on the left but nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and pain is gone.
Thanks

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
I know you don't have any answers yet, but I'm in the same boat. Gyno from Epidrol, now on Letro.
I don't see any reason why your proposed schedule wouldn't work. Tapering down will allow you body to re-adjust and the SERM will protect you during that time. If you want to be extra cautious move to a EOD or E3D schedule with .25 of letro for a while and then SERM for two weeks.
Blood work would be a good idea too.

FYI for other readers: My E2 levels were quite low about two weeks after my gyno popped back up. Keep a sharp eye on your blood work right after your cycles - even if you think you are OK.

MrTexas1982

Awards
Any takers? and Another question, i got some torem that im gonna be using after getting off the letro, but do you guys think I should try some ralox or some Tamox since i still have a little soft fatty tissue left on one side?, And what do you guys think about using some Napalm or LipoBurn to help get rid of the remaining fat?

Thanks

krogtaar

Awards
i would taper the letro down slower, 1 week seems like too fast to go from no estrogen to a ton that is blocked by serms. there should be some cycle logs around

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
I agree with krogtaar, and I woudl definitely run Tamox for a few weeks just to be safe. It would be a shame to ruin your efforts.

MrTexas1982

Awards
Erekose, since you had kind of the same issue as myself, i was wondering how the letro and worked out for you, how long were you on and have you had a rebound since coming off and running nolva.

Im currently on day 33 have been tapering down for about 4 days so far, but i still have some puffyness, no lump, mainly feels like just fat(?). Everyonce in a while now that im tappering I get a slight tingle, run to the mirror and check, but doesn't look like a rebound.

Im sick of this Letro shyt, but what do you think, should i have stayed on longer, did yours go away completely. Also I'm thinking about finishing up the letro in about 5 days, running Torm for about 3 weeks, then running Ralox along with a 6 week cycle of prime, because i loss some muscle during this Letro cycle due to the joint pain and gyno issues.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
From everything I have ever read, Nolva is your best bet for gyno. Also, letro will tank your HDL and skyrocket your LDL. Nolva will help your blood lipids.

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
Erekose, since you had kind of the same issue as myself, i was wondering how the letro and worked out for you, how long were you on and have you had a rebound since coming off and running nolva.

Im currently on day 33 have been tapering down for about 4 days so far, but i still have some puffyness, no lump, mainly feels like just fat(?). Everyonce in a while now that im tappering I get a slight tingle, run to the mirror and check, but doesn't look like a rebound.

Im sick of this Letro shyt, but what do you think, should i have stayed on longer, did yours go away completely. Also I'm thinking about finishing up the letro in about 5 days, running Torm for about 3 weeks, then running Ralox along with a 6 week cycle of prime, because i loss some muscle during this Letro cycle due to the joint pain and gyno issues.

I am still working on mine, and it's mostly puffiness now as opposed to a lump. I've started in on the Nolvadex now, overlapping the Letro. The Nolvadex will be weakened by the Letro, but still effective IMO. Tamox is more effective against fatty gynecomastia.
I'm staying on Letro as long as it takes (up to 90 days in some cases), even if I carry it into my next cycle. I want the gyno *gone*.

MrTexas1982

Awards
I am still working on mine, and it's mostly puffiness now as opposed to a lump. I've started in on the Nolvadex now, overlapping the Letro. The Nolvadex will be weakened by the Letro, but still effective IMO. Tamox is more effective against fatty gynecomastia.
I'm staying on Letro as long as it takes (up to 90 days in some cases), even if I carry it into my next cycle. I want the gyno *gone*.
Good luck man, I just had to get off the letro, it controlled the gyno, but whenever I tried tappering off i could feel a rebound, and I took massive amounts of fish oil, but the joint pain still kept me far away from my max lifting weight. I been running Toremifene and letro for about 6 days now, im at 120mg daily with the torm, and got about 2 more days of the letro.

I got some Recreate/DCP/NAPALM for topical, and I got some Ralox on the way. I think im just going to cut and see if can get rid of this, if not I'll just cut and then get the surgery. The Torem is giving me mixed results though, one day im good and everything looks normal, the next day its back to gynoville. I'm going to cut and run Torem/Ralox till december, if nothing, then i'll just have to go with the surgery. (liposuction)

djglow05

djglow05

Awards
whats up guys? i think i am having the same problem. i just got off a sd cycle and i developed a lil gyno. so i got some letro and did 2 weeks at .5ml then tried to taper it down. last week i dropped to .25ml and i feel like it is starting to come back. what should i do? it is startin to freak me out i want to be done with this ****!

MrTexas1982

Awards
whats up guys? i think i am having the same problem. i just got off a sd cycle and i developed a lil gyno. so i got some letro and did 2 weeks at .5ml then tried to taper it down. last week i dropped to .25ml and i feel like it is starting to come back. what should i do? it is startin to freak me out i want to be done with this ****!
Whats up dude, Well I kinda found a semi-fix for the tapering down off the letro thing. I started my toremifene, and im letting them overlap. I been running 120torm ED, and .5mg letro. so far it appears to be working. I had made it down prior before I started the torm, but I ran into the tapering issue, and had to actually tapper back up to about .75mg letro, start torem at 120mg ran that, a few days and started tapering back down. So far, so good.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what dose did you run your tamox at Erekose?

mind laying out your entire switch over dosing schedule from letro to tamox?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
How did you run PCT? Sounds like your test level is still depressed and estogen high.

sactap101

Awards
im running 2.5 mg of letro and 40 mg of nolva at the same time. seems to be working but i want to get off letro because i dont have a sex drive at all. question, if i taper letro fast but continue nolva at 40 mg, will there be rebound u think?
and if i get laid while on letro will i be able to last for days?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
im running 2.5 mg of letro and 40 mg of nolva at the same time. seems to be working but i want to get off letro because i dont have a sex drive at all. question, if i taper letro fast but continue nolva at 40 mg, will there be rebound u think?
and if i get laid while on letro will i be able to last for days?
If you're running letro at 2.5 you should have almost zero estro production and running nolva is essentially worthless (no estro to bind to receptors). I would stop the nolva immediately (as it's not needed) and begin tapering off the letro like this:
Day 1: 2.0mg
Day 2: 1.5mg
Day 3: 1.0mg
Day 4: .50mg (you can keep it here or lower it to .25)
Day 5: .25mg

If you're overly concerned about rebound you can extend the lowering increments to .5 every third day. When you get to .50 or .25, run that dosage for a week along with 10mg nolva. Then run 20 mgs nolva solo for one week. Following this framework allowed me to safetly taper off letro w/no rebound. Good luck.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
typically how long would you run the letro before tapering? I suppose till you achieve the effects desired, but there must be a maximum length for health and safetys sake.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
typically how long would you run the letro before tapering? I suppose till you achieve the effects desired, but there must be a maximum length for health and safetys sake.
That's a very good question. Unfortunately, b/c there are so many variables I can only share my particular knowledge and experience with letro.

I've heard old(er) cases of gyno have been successfully treated by several months of letro administered as high as 2.5 mgs a day. Although gyno was successfully removed, many of these guys suffered impaired lipid profile, sex drive, and immune system function which took weeks or months to recover. Some of them may never recover completely. To me, this "successful" gyno removal was unquestionably not worth the sides of long term letro treatment.

On the other hand, guys who started treatment early, have removed gyno in as little as a week of using letro. I got rid of mine in about a month at 1.25 and SEEM to be recovering well.

On major point, I would NEVER run letro off cycle as I need my johnson to work occasionally for the wife, and running letro off cycle reults in major limp d**k. So if I had to guess at a reasonable length of time to run letro, I would never exceed standard (non-oral) cycle length (which would be 10 weeks max). Anything longer than this would not be worth the potential side effects.

kidracer69

Awards
I tapered letro like you and ran that for 2 weeks then tapered down. I then followed with 2-3 weeks of 6oxo. I had firm balls behind my nips (which were puffy) and it shrank 50% (puffiness went away too) and has stopped there. It's been about 2 months since I did that and I'm currently ending a hdrol cycle with no gyno flare.

FYI I missed 2-3 days while doing my gyno treatment too and everything still went smooth despite the hick-up. This stuff works- I'd recommend it on hand always.

edit: I ran letro until the gyno went away. I'm not sure what's the max amount of weeks someone should run it. I'd ask a guru. If you still don't know and decide to run it anyway, I probably wouldn't exceed 3 weeks.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
FYI I missed 2-3 days while doing my gyno treatment too and everything still went smooth despite the hick-up. This stuff works- I'd recommend it on hand always.
Letro has a long half life so missing a day is not really a big deal. In fact, some people advocate every other day dosing for letro, especially for gyno prevention.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you suppose letro @ .5mg EOD is good for a cycle of aromatizables like test or Dbol?

I know .25 of Anastrozole is commonly used ED or EOD....

Just want to keep aromatase to a min with this upcoming cycle to avoid bloat and a gyno flare up.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
do you suppose letro @ .5mg EOD is good for a cycle of aromatizables like test or Dbol?

I know .25 of Anastrozole is commonly used ED or EOD....

Just want to keep aromatase to a min with this upcoming cycle to avoid bloat and a gyno flare up.
I think letro would work great but I'd go with .25mg. As a matter of fact .25mg letro inhibits estro production up to 98%...it's a great compound but best used a the lowest possible dose.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think letro would work great but I'd go with .25mg. As a matter of fact .25mg letro inhibits estro production up to 98%...it's a great compound but best used a the lowest possible dose.
agreed, lowest effective dose is ALWAYS preferred.

So thats quite a bit of inhibition... want to stop EXCESS aromatase but not practically all of it, some estrogen is great for growth. With the half life of letro too prob would be better off dosing E3D or E4D and up it if needed, wouldnt you say?.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
okay i'm currently on letro, i know that i'm going to overlap it with nolva when i start to taper down, but how long should nolva be run? and at what doses?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
agreed, lowest effective dose is ALWAYS preferred.

So thats quite a bit of inhibition... want to stop EXCESS aromatase but not practically all of it, some estrogen is great for growth. With the half life of letro too prob would be better off dosing E3D or E4D and up it if needed, wouldnt you say?.
Yeah, AT LEAST EOD but probably better spaced out a bit more. Like you said, some estro is not only preferable for growth but essential to good health.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Post Cycle Therapy 5
Post Cycle Therapy 7
Supplements 4
Anabolics 5
Post Cycle Therapy 3