Keeping Gains

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I am finishing up a Pulse soon. A gym owner near me confused me. [He was a top 20 place in a past olympia so he should know something]. He said Serms do more harm than good and he and the folks he trained with never use them. I asked if he tappered down when coming off and he said no. Basically He led me to belive you stay on, vary the compounds and either cruise bulk or shredd but never get off till you achive your goals. I ran real gear 20 some years ago, we didnt even have a clue what PCT was. In the past year i have run a superdrol clone with OTC PCT. Got my boys back okay but Lost most my gains. Do Serms really preserve gains or are the mostly for gyno and test restart. Due I have to Serm to hold onto gains from short cycles? Thanks

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Keeping gains is directly related to "restarting test", and gyno is directly related to not regulating hormones. So all three( keeping gains, gyno prevention, restarting test) are related to one another. So to answer your question SERMS really do help keep gains due to returning your body to its normal hormonal balance or homeostasis. When you come off a cycle your natural hormone production will be in a state of shutdown making an environment in your body not capable of sustaining gains. The more rapidly your return your body to normal the more gains you keep. When you ran your OTC PCt for superdrol im guessing you used an AI which further suppressed an already low estrogen level in turn not allowing your HTPA to be restored.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
When you ran your OTC PCt for superdrol im guessing you used an AI which further suppressed an already low estrogen level in turn not allowing your HTPA to be restored.[/QUOTE]
Actually I ran PCS and Sustain Alpha together. Maybe that wasn't smart. Felt great and all my parts worked But my total test after was around 330 and I did lose a lot of strength but kept most the size. I know this is probably a crappy post but so many of us old timers keep hearing SERM and it makes sense = I guess I really wonder if a SERM translates to keeping more gains. My friend the BB keeps saying the strength crash is unavoidable. I really want to avoid it. Thanks

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Sustain alpha is an AI according to its description, so u did run an AI. Your test levels being that low show that either you have naturally really low test level or that you did not recover. It is common to loose strength, but by recovering faster you can decrease the amount you loose. It sounds like you have your mind made up not to use a SERM anyway, so I don't even get why your asking this question. If thats the PCT your friend recommended for a superdrol cycle then personally I would not be taking cycle advice from him.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you have your mind made up not to use a SERM anyway, so I don't even get why your asking this question. If thats the PCT your friend recommended for a superdrol cycle then personally I would not be taking cycle advice from him.[/QUOTE]
Actually I tried the OTC route had bloodwork and am really considering a serm and bloodwork to see the diffrence. My total TT precycle was low 500 range. I know exactly what OTC got me. Thanks for the help