Clomid as natty test booster vs. 6-oxo atd etc...?

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading on the life extention board as well as a few others that many people have been having great results (backed up b y blood work) using low dose clomid (25mg eod). Does anyone have any experience with this, what are your thoughts on this vs 6-oxo or ATD as a natty test booster?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
explanation on effectiveness??????
Safer.

Clomid is designed for women with breast cancer.
6oxo and ATD are designed to increase testosterone in bodybuilders.

Enough said.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
clomid has stood the test of time and was FOUND by bodybuilders (genius' like Dan Duchaine)to be effective. OTC products were developed by companies looking to make a profit on bodybuilders....balls in your court

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
clomid has stood the test of time and was FOUND by bodybuilders (genius' like Dan Duchaine)to be effective. OTC products were developed by companies looking to make a profit on bodybuilders....balls in your court
It seems as though you've made your mind up already.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I am interested in this conversation, but I'm working right now, and I can't really get into the details, especially in the supplement section.

But the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT, and not so much as a standalone test booster.

On the other hand, there are boat loads of feedback from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness, gains, LACK OF SIDES, legal issues, etc.

So I stand by my recommendation of OTC products for standalone. :thumbsup:

Thank you friend, best of luck to you...!
RR

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I am interested in this conversation, but I'm working right now, and I can't really get into the details, especially in the supplement section.

But the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT, and not so much as a standalone test booster.

On the other hand, there are boat loads of feedback from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness, gains, LACK OF SIDES, legal issues, etc.

So I stand by my recommendation of OTC products for standalone. :thumbsup:

Thank you friend, best of luck to you...!
RR
You're correct, "the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT: THATS WHY I'M QUEATIONING IT!!!!!!!!!

P.S. There really is not "boat loads of feedback" from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness and LACK OF SIDES. Please read the blood tests (unsponored) on clomid vs "anecdotal" experience on OTC. I hav enot made up my mind, but clomid has sood the test of time with no marketing influence. I'd love to hear an argument that stands an OTC up to clomid but have not yet.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You're correct, "the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT: THATS WHY I'M QUEATIONING IT!!!!!!!!!

P.S. There really is not "boat loads of feedback" from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness and LACK OF SIDES. Please read the blood tests (unsponored) on clomid vs "anecdotal" experience on OTC. I hav enot made up my mind, but clomid has sood the test of time with no marketing influence. I'd love to hear an argument that stands an OTC up to clomid but have not yet.
I'm sure you'll get your answer eventually :)

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
The good difference is that Clomid will not reduce your own estrogen levels, it will just make your balls think you have low estrogen.

So you wont get dried out joints or brittle tendons.

The bad difference is that you may suffer estrogen rebound when you stop, and you may suffer low libido and/or mood issues while on the clomid - as both are common with SERMs.

The nice thing about AI's is that in the right dose they raise test but leave estrogen in normal ranges. If you can find that sweet spot, life will be good. :)

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is an interesting initial question. I have to admit, I'm disappointed by the poor quality of slanted responses though.

This was brought to my attention twice in the past: Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) by Anthony Roberts

In short, it uses some unbiased references (appears to be unabiased on surface anyway) that show Nolva doing a pretty good job of elevating test levels.

And just to add my personal opinion, I could care less if something is "natural" or not if the benefits outweigh sides. And on the flip side, I'm personally not convinced that serms actually do increase test levels, despite that popular belief and despite the evidence shown in the link I provided.

Edit: Here's the quote that I was thinking of...

However, it acts as an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, thus increasing LH and FSH, which results in an increase in testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6).

Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
within 5 min. of taking 20-30 mg of Nolva I can feel my muscles swell. I got back pumps on it from just walking around. I believe it gives the Test rise it claims, and Ive not had any sides from it, unlike AIs, over-the-counter or otherwise.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
within 5 min. of taking 20-30 mg of Nolva I can feel my muscles swell. I got back pumps on it from just walking around. I believe it gives the Test rise it claims, and Ive not had any sides from it, unlike AIs, over-the-counter or otherwise.
That has to be a placebo effect.

Nolva has a very long half life, about 6 days, and exerts its effects very slowly as the cumulative dose builds in your system.

It takes days to weeks to raise your testosterone levels enough to notice anything.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
How about eye sight issues with Clomid. Those are pretty well documented. Go look up tracers and floaters while on clomid...
not at 12.5 mg/day, those sides are seen at around 100mg/day

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
That has to be a placebo effect.

Nolva has a very long half life, about 6 days, and exerts its effects very slowly as the cumulative dose builds in your system.

It takes days to weeks to raise your testosterone levels enough to notice anything.
right... after about a week I could feel the quick rush within minutes after ingesting...wasnt like it happened within minutes of my very 1st dose. apologies for not clarifying.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
You guys dont prefer Toremifene? It kinda splits the differences between Clomid and Nolva.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about eye sight issues with Clomid. Those are pretty well documented. Go look up tracers and floaters while on clomid...
I back that 100%, been there, got that. Not to mention the crazy emotional sides! Granted, my dose was higher (see PCT below), but I wouldn't want to chance those sides again. Went back to Nolva and all was well. Later tried Tor and its even better.

wk1: Clomid 150mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 75mg/d
wk2: Clomid 100mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 50mg/d
wk3: Nolva 60mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 25mg/d
wk4: Nolva 40mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk5: Nolva 20mg/d, RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk6: RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Im still trying to find out with certainty if Nolva (or Clomid) really does lower IGF 1..Ive seen some conflicting info..

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im not familiar with it, sounds interesting
To have such strong opinions on Clomid, and not know about Toremifene? Although it's relatively new to our sport/hobby, there's plenty written about it in current literature. Take a look, I bet you'd be pleasently surprised.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Im still trying to find out with certainty if Nolva (or Clomid) really does lower IGF 1..Ive seen some conflicting info..

It does in female cancer patients, that is where the theory came from that it diminishes gains from steroids. This was a hot topic about 6 years ago on the message boards. I got into a discussion here about it a few weeks ago.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Clomid is prescribed to men, i have a friend at the gym who was taking 100mg daily as prescribed by his doc and his total test went up to 1400 so they dropped him to 50mg. He was supposedly in the 1% of responders, meaning he responded excellent.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
plenty of clinical evidence of just 12.5 mg/day taking testosterone levels 2 - 3x's baseline

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
It does in female cancer patients, that is where the theory came from that it diminishes gains from steroids. This was a hot topic about 6 years ago on the message boards. I got into a discussion here about it a few weeks ago.
Thanks for responding..I read some old post of the subject but again, no definitive facts on the IGF lowering thing..just a couple scattered opinions here and there...I'll assume that nolva can lower IGF but I havent seen anything about Clomid doing the same.