Clomid as natty test booster vs. 6-oxo atd etc...? - AnabolicMinds.com

Clomid as natty test booster vs. 6-oxo atd etc...?

  1. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Clomid as natty test booster vs. 6-oxo atd etc...?


    I've been reading on the life extention board as well as a few others that many people have been having great results (backed up b y blood work) using low dose clomid (25mg eod). Does anyone have any experience with this, what are your thoughts on this vs 6-oxo or ATD as a natty test booster?

  2. ksa
    New Member
    ksa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    272

    Reputation
  3. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    clomid?????
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Clomid is not natty imo
  5. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Clomid is not natty imo
    alright I'll grant you that. How about clomid vs 6-oxo or ATD as a test booster???
  6. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    alright I'll grant you that. How about clomid vs 6-oxo or ATD as a test booster???
    Go the OTC route bro. Thats all I can say
  7. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Go the OTC route bro. Thats all I can say
    explanation on effectiveness??????
  8. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    explanation on effectiveness??????
    Safer.

    Clomid is designed for women with breast cancer.
    6oxo and ATD are designed to increase testosterone in bodybuilders.

    Enough said.
  9. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    clomid has stood the test of time and was FOUND by bodybuilders (genius' like Dan Duchaine)to be effective. OTC products were developed by companies looking to make a profit on bodybuilders....balls in your court
  10. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    clomid has stood the test of time and was FOUND by bodybuilders (genius' like Dan Duchaine)to be effective. OTC products were developed by companies looking to make a profit on bodybuilders....balls in your court
    It seems as though you've made your mind up already.
  11. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Honestly, I am interested in this conversation, but I'm working right now, and I can't really get into the details, especially in the supplement section.

    But the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT, and not so much as a standalone test booster.

    On the other hand, there are boat loads of feedback from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness, gains, LACK OF SIDES, legal issues, etc.

    So I stand by my recommendation of OTC products for standalone.

    Thank you friend, best of luck to you...!
    RR
  12. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Honestly, I am interested in this conversation, but I'm working right now, and I can't really get into the details, especially in the supplement section.

    But the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT, and not so much as a standalone test booster.

    On the other hand, there are boat loads of feedback from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness, gains, LACK OF SIDES, legal issues, etc.

    So I stand by my recommendation of OTC products for standalone.

    Thank you friend, best of luck to you...!
    RR
    You're correct, "the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT: THATS WHY I'M QUEATIONING IT!!!!!!!!!

    P.S. There really is not "boat loads of feedback" from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness and LACK OF SIDES. Please read the blood tests (unsponored) on clomid vs "anecdotal" experience on OTC. I hav enot made up my mind, but clomid has sood the test of time with no marketing influence. I'd love to hear an argument that stands an OTC up to clomid but have not yet.
  13. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    You're correct, "the general consensus is that clomid is used only in PCT: THATS WHY I'M QUEATIONING IT!!!!!!!!!

    P.S. There really is not "boat loads of feedback" from 6-oxo and ATD as far as effectiveness and LACK OF SIDES. Please read the blood tests (unsponored) on clomid vs "anecdotal" experience on OTC. I hav enot made up my mind, but clomid has sood the test of time with no marketing influence. I'd love to hear an argument that stands an OTC up to clomid but have not yet.
    I'm sure you'll get your answer eventually
  14. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I'm sure you'll get your answer eventually
    and I would like it to be scientifically baked not anecdotal
  15. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    and I would like it to be scientifically baked not anecdotal
    Your funny
  16. New Member
    FrankJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    309

    Reputation

    The good difference is that Clomid will not reduce your own estrogen levels, it will just make your balls think you have low estrogen.

    So you wont get dried out joints or brittle tendons.

    The bad difference is that you may suffer estrogen rebound when you stop, and you may suffer low libido and/or mood issues while on the clomid - as both are common with SERMs.

    The nice thing about AI's is that in the right dose they raise test but leave estrogen in normal ranges. If you can find that sweet spot, life will be good.
  17. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140359

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This is an interesting initial question. I have to admit, I'm disappointed by the poor quality of slanted responses though.

    This was brought to my attention twice in the past: Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) by Anthony Roberts

    In short, it uses some unbiased references (appears to be unabiased on surface anyway) that show Nolva doing a pretty good job of elevating test levels.

    And just to add my personal opinion, I could care less if something is "natural" or not if the benefits outweigh sides. And on the flip side, I'm personally not convinced that serms actually do increase test levels, despite that popular belief and despite the evidence shown in the link I provided.

    Edit: Here's the quote that I was thinking of...

    However, it acts as an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, thus increasing LH and FSH, which results in an increase in testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6).

    Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7
  18. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Your funny
    So I take it you don't have any...plenty of dough on marketing though right
  19. Advanced Member
    JohnnieFreeze's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    1739

    Reputation

    within 5 min. of taking 20-30 mg of Nolva I can feel my muscles swell. I got back pumps on it from just walking around. I believe it gives the Test rise it claims, and Ive not had any sides from it, unlike AIs, over-the-counter or otherwise.
  20. New Member
    FrankJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    within 5 min. of taking 20-30 mg of Nolva I can feel my muscles swell. I got back pumps on it from just walking around. I believe it gives the Test rise it claims, and Ive not had any sides from it, unlike AIs, over-the-counter or otherwise.
    That has to be a placebo effect.

    Nolva has a very long half life, about 6 days, and exerts its effects very slowly as the cumulative dose builds in your system.

    It takes days to weeks to raise your testosterone levels enough to notice anything.
  21. Advanced Member
    BigCasino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    417

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    and I would like it to be scientifically baked not anecdotal

    How about eye sight issues with Clomid. Those are pretty well documented. Go look up tracers and floaters while on clomid...
  22. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigCasino View Post
    How about eye sight issues with Clomid. Those are pretty well documented. Go look up tracers and floaters while on clomid...
    not at 12.5 mg/day, those sides are seen at around 100mg/day
  23. Advanced Member
    JohnnieFreeze's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    1739

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post
    That has to be a placebo effect.

    Nolva has a very long half life, about 6 days, and exerts its effects very slowly as the cumulative dose builds in your system.

    It takes days to weeks to raise your testosterone levels enough to notice anything.
    right... after about a week I could feel the quick rush within minutes after ingesting...wasnt like it happened within minutes of my very 1st dose. apologies for not clarifying.
  24. New Member
    FrankJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    309

    Reputation

    You guys dont prefer Toremifene? It kinda splits the differences between Clomid and Nolva.
  25. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854638

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    not at 12.5 mg/day, those sides are seen at around 100mg/day
    I've not had any sight issues at 12.5 mg/ed.
  26. pcn
    Board Supporter
    pcn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    317

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigCasino View Post
    How about eye sight issues with Clomid. Those are pretty well documented. Go look up tracers and floaters while on clomid...
    I back that 100%, been there, got that. Not to mention the crazy emotional sides! Granted, my dose was higher (see PCT below), but I wouldn't want to chance those sides again. Went back to Nolva and all was well. Later tried Tor and its even better.

    wk1: Clomid 150mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 75mg/d
    wk2: Clomid 100mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 50mg/d
    wk3: Nolva 60mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 25mg/d
    wk4: Nolva 40mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
    wk5: Nolva 20mg/d, RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
    wk6: RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
  27. Advanced Member
    JohnnieFreeze's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    1739

    Reputation

    Im still trying to find out with certainty if Nolva (or Clomid) really does lower IGF 1..Ive seen some conflicting info..
  28. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post
    You guys dont prefer Toremifene? It kinda splits the differences between Clomid and Nolva.
    Im not familiar with it, sounds interesting
  29. Banned
    snagency's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,453
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    and I would like it to be scientifically baked not anecdotal
    scientifically baked.. is that like with some good herb or something? hydroponic variety? haha..
  30. pcn
    Board Supporter
    pcn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    317

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    Im not familiar with it, sounds interesting
    To have such strong opinions on Clomid, and not know about Toremifene? Although it's relatively new to our sport/hobby, there's plenty written about it in current literature. Take a look, I bet you'd be pleasently surprised.
  31. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    scientifically baked.. is that like with some good herb or something? hydroponic variety? haha..
    okay you got me there. lol
  32. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    575

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    Im still trying to find out with certainty if Nolva (or Clomid) really does lower IGF 1..Ive seen some conflicting info..

    It does in female cancer patients, that is where the theory came from that it diminishes gains from steroids. This was a hot topic about 6 years ago on the message boards. I got into a discussion here about it a few weeks ago.
  33. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    575

    Reputation

    Clomid is prescribed to men, i have a friend at the gym who was taking 100mg daily as prescribed by his doc and his total test went up to 1400 so they dropped him to 50mg. He was supposedly in the 1% of responders, meaning he responded excellent.
  34. New Member
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    plenty of clinical evidence of just 12.5 mg/day taking testosterone levels 2 - 3x's baseline
  35. Advanced Member
    JohnnieFreeze's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    1739

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    It does in female cancer patients, that is where the theory came from that it diminishes gains from steroids. This was a hot topic about 6 years ago on the message boards. I got into a discussion here about it a few weeks ago.
    Thanks for responding..I read some old post of the subject but again, no definitive facts on the IGF lowering thing..just a couple scattered opinions here and there...I'll assume that nolva can lower IGF but I havent seen anything about Clomid doing the same.
  36. Advanced Member
    JohnnieFreeze's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    1739

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04 View Post
    plenty of clinical evidence of just 12.5 mg/day taking testosterone levels 2 - 3x's baseline
    very interesting..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best natty test booster
    By ezyryder08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
  2. Best natty test booster?
    By FL3X MAGNUM in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM
  3. SD run., natty test booster with clomid?
    By starquest88 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM
  4. natty test booster plus libido booster
    By bboyflash in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
  5. natty test booster
    By ezyryder08 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in