Maharishi Effect

S

Snuggles

Awards
Hello everyone,

I was just wonderng if anyone has heard of the maharishi effect? There has been a corelation found between the amount of people practicing Transcendental Meditation and Yogic flying in a group the effect it has on the surrounding city/state/county. It has been shown the that 1% of the population practicing TM or the square root of 1% practicing yogic flying will drastically reduce crime and warfare. This has been validated through many published studies.

Maharishi Effect

SAGE Journals Online -- Search Results

Just wondering what everyone thought.

This is a long video but it is very worth it IMO: Maharishi Effect (skip to 38:00 if you want to go directly to maharishi effect, but the begining is really good to).

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Essentially how this works is when you have large concentrations of nitwits with far too much time and money on their hands doing magic there isnt much time left to devote to crime and warfare. imho

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
generally speaking, it seems to me that yes, if we could suddenly have an additional 1% of every major city's population suddenly devote themselves to fundamentalist morals and/or a pacifist lifestyle, violent crime levels would be likely to decrease. It doesn't have to be this particular way of doing things, and honestly this comes off like spam.

S

Snuggles

Awards
Sending in a group of meditators at the size of the square root of 1% of a population and having it effect the entire city/state/county just because of some morals seems pretty ridiculous.

I posted the wrong link for the video (skip to 41:30): Dr John Hagelin - The Effects of Group Meditation on Crime

We know this works, there is an overwhelming amount of published studies on this effect in peer review scientific journals, such as Yale University Journal of Conflict Resolution and all other journals reguarding Conflict resolution.

As far as spam, this is a focus of the Natural Law party which I may or may not be voting for come Novemeber.

As far as the nitwits comments, acually essentially how it works is you take a world renowned quantum physicist who came up with the supersymmetric flipped SU(5) theory in phyisics, who is one of the few people in world capable of even doing math like that and have him overview studies that have an overwhelming amount of scientific verificaltion behind it. Then publish it in various journals where even the most snootious journals in the world can't even debate its verification. Then you have the Maharishi Effect. :head:

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Sending in a group of meditators at the size of the square root of 1% of a population and having it effect the entire city/state/county just because of some morals seems pretty ridiculous.

I posted the wrong link for the video (skip to 41:30): Dr John Hagelin - The Effects of Group Meditation on Crime

We know this works, there is an overwhelming amount of published studies on this effect in peer review scientific journals, such as Yale University Journal of Conflict Resolution and all other journals reguarding Conflict resolution.

As far as spam, this is a focus of the Natural Law party which I may or may not be voting for come Novemeber.

As far as the nitwits comments, acually essentially how it works is you take a world renowned quantum physicist who came up with the supersymmetric flipped SU(5) theory in phyisics, who is one of the few people in world capable of even doing math like that and have him overview studies that have an overwhelming amount of scientific verificaltion behind it. Then publish it in various journals where even the most snootious journals in the world can't even debate its verification. Then you have the Maharishi Effect. :head:
Just remember to vote the first wednesday in november.

S

Snuggles

Awards
Isn't it tuesday? And they probally won't be on the ballet anyways.