increasing offshore drilling

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Pilot - you were the person on here proclaiming that a pipeline of natural gas from Alaska was too cost prohibitive to build because it was too far to the lower 48 states.
    Sorry man, you got me confused with someone else...i honestly dont know what your talking about...what was the thread?

2. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post

Thinking about the above discussion we had: is it possible all your distinctions are wrong? And hence all your rules and laws about energy are wrong?
    Riddle me that.

Well he's wrong on just about everything. You have one person that trades/invests in oil and another person who drills it yet he knows more about it than us...

Serisouly, if I thought like him, I'd be broke.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Well he's wrong on just about everything. You have one person that trades/invests in oil and another person who drills it yet he knows more about it than us...

I've said on more than one occasion on this board and others that if we in the industry ran things like people thought we did that there'd be gas about half the year (which would make us China apparently).

I'm thinking it's about time to move on, B.
    The force is strong in this one.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Its called an example. Do you want more because even the ones I do post you ignore.

I have read everypost you made.

Let me sum up my point, since the current reserves that we know of. That we may or may not be able to be fully develop dont meet the need of the U.S. for even a decade, it would be irresponsible to drill into the gulf to explore for more oil. At best it is a quick fix, at worst it draws attention away from the emerging technology like wind/water/solar/battery etc.

You may want cheap gas now, but i desire a future. If we refuse to solve our reliance on petrol, we have none.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Hello? You confused me someone else, not going to comment about that?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I've said on more than one occasion on this board and others that if we in the industry ran things like people thought we did that there'd be gas about half the year (which would make us China apparently).

The force is strong in this one.

You need to watch that show "Black Gold"

Its a reality show about wildcatters and roughnecking...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    You have one person that trades/invests in oil and another person who drills it yet he knows more about it than us...

Don't think your the only person that trades stocks.

What does thinking of your future have to do with making money? I make money in the market even today, that doesnt mean that I cant be a responsbile human being.

8. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Sorry man, you got me confused with someone else...i honestly dont know what your talking about...what was the thread?
    Pretty sure it was you - you are the only one on the board with a curse word in your av.

I can't find the thread though. Oh well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    .I can't find the thread though.

Go through my posts then if your so convinced. Your incorrect though. I've never been in any sort of pipeline discussion with anyone on this board.

10. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post

Let me sum up my point, since the current reserves that we know of. That we may or may not be able to be fully develop dont meet the need of the U.S. for even a decade, it would be irresponsible to drill into the gulf to explore for more oil. At best it is a quick fix, at worst it draws attention away from the emerging technology like wind/water/solar/battery etc.

You may want cheap gas now, but i desire a future. If we refuse to solve our reliance on petrol, we have none.
    Its not a quick fix. The transfer of oil to something better will take decades and thats if we start now.

Its completley retarded to let a resource be untapped that we can use now (3-7 years) just because you want some theortetical replacement to be invested in now.

Your all or nothing strategy is ridiculous and reeks of ideologoy over reality. You're 23 though so its expected...

11. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post

You can't make up conclusions like a switch to whatever technology because you "believe" or whatever.
    It takes study, time, and people to develop something for a billion people to get to work or the gym on.
    You can't just hope for it overnight while neglecting the next 20 years, which will be dominated by gasoline (like it or not).

Some of the stuff people have proposed don't make thermodynamic sense (think cold fusion - I really like the way that technology worked out).

It's not like the world is running out of oil. You seem to have behind your posts this peak oil theory.
    There is plenty of crude - governments just choose not to drill for it.

12. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Go through my posts then if your so convinced. Your incorrect though. I've never been in any sort of pipeline discussion with anyone on this board.
    I don't care enough, bro.

13. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I don't care enough, bro.

Apparently you did care, enough to bring it up.

14. Oh and this "2 years" business is stupid. If we opened the land off-shore in Florida, let's say, and we found enough BBL's for 2% of daily current US consumption.
    You still develop that.

There are and have never EVER been fields that would satisfy 100% of US consumption for 10+ years (or whatever time period you want). Not even Ghawar in Saudi - the biggest on record.

If you go along with the "we need to find a single field that satisfy's all the needs of this country for X years" then you'd never drill any field.

I'd make this analogy - if I came to you and said I'd give you $100, but went and balance my checkbook and only had $100 to give - you'd still take that, right?

15. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Don't think your the only person that trades stocks.

What I know is that I do it much more than you....at 23. And I do it in this industry...an area which you've shown a complete lack of understanding.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Your all or nothing strategy is ridiculous and reeks of ideologoy over reality. You're 23 though so its expected...
    I have the ability right now for almost $2,000, to convert my car to be driven by an electric motor. It would run almost 200 miles on one charge, with 8 hrs charging time, from what i remember, my research is on my other computer.

If we even reduced our oil intake by 25% it would make the world of difference. If we converted Semi's tractors to electric it would be a quantum leap forward in moving away from oil.

Im not saying thats the answer to end all the worlds ills, but its a start. Better than drilling for more oil.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Oh and this "2 years" business is stupid. If we opened the land off-shore in Florida, let's say, and we found enough BBL's for 2% of daily current US consumption.
    You still develop that.
    Actually, that would drop oil about 30%. The simple announcement that we start drilling and the spec go running....start investing in gold again

....but considering he doesn't trade or follow the markets that closely, he wouldn't know that.

18. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I have the ability right now for almost $2,000, to convert my car to be driven by an electric motor. It would run almost 200 miles on one charge, with 8 hrs charging time, from what i remember, my research is on my other computer.

If we even reduced our oil intake by 25% it would make the world of difference. If we converted Semi's tractors to electric it would be a quantum leap forward in moving away from oil.

Im not saying thats the answer to end all the worlds ills, but its a start. Better than drilling for more oil.
    Ah yes..the electric option. Maybe you should tell California and New York to upgrade that infrastructure because they are having rolling blackouts now because the grid can't handle it. And when New York goes out, it takes the northeast with it.

See, I already gave you that option. Drill for oil, use proceeds to upgrade the grid and build nuclear because if you switch to electric cars, thats what you are going to have to do to keep the millions of cars charged.

What do you think powers most of our electric plants now that you want to utilize? Coal.

So you want electric to replace oil? Pick Nuclear or Coal because wind and solar can't handle the load.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Ah yes..the electric option. Maybe you should tell California and New York to upgrade that infrastructure because they are having rolling blackouts now because the grid can't handle it. And when New York goes out, it takes the northeast with it.

See, I already gave you that option. Drill for oil, use proceeds to upgrade the grid and build nuclear because if you switch to electric cars, thats what you are going to have to do to keep the millions of cars charged.

What do you think powers most of our electric plants now that you want to utilize? Coal.

So you want electric to replace oil? Pick Nuclear or Coal because wind and solar can't handle the load.
    I was going to post just that on the electric option.

The price of electricity would go through the ROOF if you had a large number of people convert to electric motors.

Talk about complaining then. We'd switch from railing on the oil companies to the electric companies.

(Never mind the billions to make said infrastructure upgrades across the US...)

To be fair - natural gas generation is seemingly picking up across the US (not just the Gulf south) because some companies view a possible CO2 cap system in the future (and natural gas has less CO2 emissions than coal).
    Oh wait - it takes drilling for natural gas. Eh, oh well.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Obviously you don't trade oil or know the margins of the oil companies. When the price goes up there margins go DOWN. When they have record profits they have record expenses. But that's ok, because if you really want to go down the route you suggest, get ready for $9/gallon of gallon for the next 10 years while your tax money get spent on "research".
    I don't trade oil. That is correct, you must be a psychic. How do we benefit from allowing offshore drilling? How's my dead aunt Claire doing, is she still writing canoli recipes for children?
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....

21. And what route did I suggest? Did I suggest a plan of action subliminally? you are waaaay better than Deanne Warwick, she charges too much
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....

22. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post

I can use my solar powered generator. That deals with the problem of reliance on the grid. Its portable. And should it be a cloudy day your trunk is converted into a battery store house, for rechargeable batteries. So the batteries that were run down by usage can be replaced by these new ones.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    ....but considering he doesn't trade or follow the markets that closely, he wouldn't know that.
    You should start a thread called: How condescending can the soup nazi be.

Just because i dont brag about my job or expertise in the market, doesnt mean that im ignorant to how things work.

24. Ok SN, we're on page 4 now. Seriously, just say it already.

"No Oil for you!!!"
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

25. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    You should start a thread called: How condescending can the soup nazi be.
    It would go right in line with your "How wrong can I be" thread.

Just because i dont brag about my job or expertise in the market, doesnt mean that im ignorant to how things work.
    Yes...with your logic you would argue with a driller on how to drill.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Derma-Roller for increased absorption?
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM
  2. L-Carnitine in increasing Fat Oxidation
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 08:22 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Hair increase while on Cycle??
    By garyrabbit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13