Why I'm Voting Democrat

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27398
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Exclamation Why I'm Voting Democrat


    Why I'm Voting Democrat
    Ben Shapiro
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008

    A new video on YouTube is taking the Internet by storm. Entitled "I'm Voting Republican," the satirical clip depicts actors playing conservative Americans of all shapes and sizes explaining why they would vote for the GOP.

    "Arnold Jones" says he's voting Republican because "all other countries are inferior to us" -- and his wife, "Trudy Jones," adds, "and we should start as many wars as we need to keep it that way." A soldier in Iraq states that he's voting Republican "so I can stay in Iraq" -- and a young boy, labeled "future draftee," points a fake gun at the camera and smiles while saying "so I can go to Iran!"

    A black couple says they're voting Republican because they "like a conservative majority on the Supreme Court," with the wife noting, "we really like knowing that even if we're separate, we'll still be called equal."

    This insulting nonsense is precisely what liberals think of conservatives: We're all warmongers, racists, environmental rapists and secret emissaries of big corporations. We're going to reinstitute the draft, start a war with Canada and then relocate African-Americans to Quebec.

    This sort of tripe should be dismissed out of hand. In the spirit of evenhandedness and fair play, however, I feel it my duty to explain why I'm going to vote Democrat.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the best strategy in war is defeat. It broadens the mind to learn Japanese, German and Arabic. Talk about multiculturalism!

    I'm voting Democrat because I'm mad that George W. Bush hasn't caught Bin Laden. That's because Bin Laden is the only Islamic terrorist in the world.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that if I don't have enough money, the solution is for the government to take more of my money. Who needs money when gas is $5 per gallon?

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the ideal family is two homosexual bonobos, a goat and a parrot raising a human baby. Love and compassion is all it takes to make a successful family!

    I'm voting Democrat because it's my body, and if I want to kill my baby, I'll do it, even if its head is in the birth canal. If I want to cut out my intestines and feed them to the crocodiles, I'll do that too. That's the freedom our forefathers enshrined in the Constitution.

    I'm voting Democrat because our enemies on the battlefield deserve comfy hotel rooms, Pay-Per-View, prostitutes and all the benefits of American citizenship.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe we need other countries' permission for me to turn down my thermostat.

    I'm voting Democrat because I care about the real victims of crime -- criminals.

    I'm voting Democrat because the real cure for racism includes preferential policies based on race -- particularly in presidential voting. If you believe that a black candidate ought to be qualified, as well as black, you're worse than Bull Conner.

    I'm voting Democrat because everyone deserves crappy healthcare. Sure, you'll have to wait years for that life-saving cancer surgery. But it's first come, first served at the cemetery!

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe in minority rights (except in Muslim countries), free speech (with regard to pornography but not conservative talk radio), environmentalism (unless we're talking about Al Gore's house) and diplomacy (but never backed by the threat of military force).

    I'm voting Democrat because I like the words "hope" and "change." Also "kazoo." That's a funny word.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that America's founders were rich, white, greedy xenophobes, and that America's founding principles are hogwash requiring periodic editing from an unelected group of liberal judges.

    Most of all, I'm voting Democrat because I like the ideas they have over in France, but I don't feel like moving there. I'll threaten to move, but I really won't. After all, I have a good job, healthcare, lower taxes, free speech and a social framework that promotes family structure. And all of it is defended by the most effective fighting force on the planet.

    If only the institution of far-left values resulted in a great country. Oh, well. That won't stop me from voting Democrat, though. After all, I'm voting Democrat because thought isn't one of my strong suits.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  2. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority



    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  3. New Member
    Mo250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    11.84%

    I'm voting Democrat because...

    -When my children go to school, I want them to learn to be politically correct, I want the teachers to show them how to use condoms, & I want them to learn that they should be ashamed to be white. I want it to be pounded into their head that their forefathers were cruel, hateful men, & that they should carry this guilt with them to the grave.

    -I want a government run, socialized health care system, because gov't programs work so good.

    -I don't think people who were stupid & bought houses they can't afford should lose their homes. I want to pay for them.

    -I shouldn't have the right to carry a firearm. If we ban guns, the criminals would also stop using them, because they're fair like that.

    -Because I know that child molesters are just confused, they can be re-habed with just a little time spent in jail & some therapy (that I should pay for). & Besides, who am I to really judge their life-style anyway.

    -Affirmative action is great! Putting a lesser qualified person in a position over a better qualified person based solely on race is so fair. Besides, black peolpe aren't smart enough to compete with whites, they need all the help they can get.

    -You're a business owner. Without gov't control, wouldn't you hire a lesser qualified white over a better qualified black, even though the better qualified black would make you more money? I know I would! Thank god affirmative action stopped me from making such a blunder!

    -Socialism works! Just look at history.

    -I like being a slave to oil rich foreign countries. No need to use our own resources!

    -Complying with the Kyoto treaty is a great idea! Who needs industry in America anyway? If we limit ourselves & stop producing goods here, they'll just be produced in another country with even slacker environmental laws, but don't worry about that, because we'll know we're doing the right thing. Besides, those greeters at Wal-Mart seem to love their jobs. I think I would like to make that my new career.

    -I like having illegal immigrants here. They lower my wages, & do jobs that we Americans are too good to do. They drive around with no licenses, drunk, & kill people. But that's OK because they add to my voter base.

    -Having a slave underclass (illegal immigrants) is OK. They'll be happy to stay poor & clean toilets. That's why I don't mind paying their medical bills & providing social services for them.

    -We don't need border control. Never mind those drugs that flood over them, thus ruining the lives of millions of Americans in countless ways.

    -Because if I don't vote for Obama, it's because I am a racist. Not because I disagree with him on a philosophical level.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

  5. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    I'm voting Democrat because...

    -When my children go to school, I want them to learn to be politically correct, I want the teachers to show them how to use condoms, & I want them to learn that they should be ashamed to be white. I want it to be pounded into their head that their forefathers were cruel, hateful men, & that they should carry this guilt with them to the grave.

    -I want a government run, socialized health care system, because gov't programs work so good.

    -I don't think people who were stupid & bought houses they can't afford should lose their homes. I want to pay for them.

    -I shouldn't have the right to carry a firearm. If we ban guns, the criminals would also stop using them, because they're fair like that.

    -Because I know that child molesters are just confused, they can be re-habed with just a little time spent in jail & some therapy (that I should pay for). & Besides, who am I to really judge their life-style anyway.

    -Affirmative action is great! Putting a lesser qualified person in a position over a better qualified person based solely on race is so fair. Besides, black peolpe aren't smart enough to compete with whites, they need all the help they can get.

    -You're a business owner. Without gov't control, wouldn't you hire a lesser qualified white over a better qualified black, even though the better qualified black would make you more money? I know I would! Thank god affirmative action stopped me from making such a blunder!

    -Socialism works! Just look at history.

    -I like being a slave to oil rich foreign countries. No need to use our own resources!

    -Complying with the Kyoto treaty is a great idea! Who needs industry in America anyway? If we limit ourselves & stop producing goods here, they'll just be produced in another country with even slacker environmental laws, but don't worry about that, because we'll know we're doing the right thing. Besides, those greeters at Wal-Mart seem to love their jobs. I think I would like to make that my new career.

    -I like having illegal immigrants here. They lower my wages, & do jobs that we Americans are too good to do. They drive around with no licenses, drunk, & kill people. But that's OK because they add to my voter base.

    -Having a slave underclass (illegal immigrants) is OK. They'll be happy to stay poor & clean toilets. That's why I don't mind paying their medical bills & providing social services for them.

    -We don't need border control. Never mind those drugs that flood over them, thus ruining the lives of millions of Americans in countless ways.

    -Because if I don't vote for Obama, it's because I am a racist. Not because I disagree with him on a philosophical level.
    All I can say is wow. Might be one of the silliest posts I have ever read. Nothing like extremes
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    386
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    55.4%

    I'm voting democrat because it's comforting to know that the more successful I am and the more money I make that I will be punished by paying higher taxes. Nothing like punishing the successful for their success. Who cares that the top 20% in wage earners pay 80% of the nations taxes? They should certainly pay more.
  7. New Member
    Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%


    You scared me for a second there bp....
  8. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3040
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    All I can say is wow. Might be one of the silliest posts I have ever read. Nothing like extremes
    That was insightful...
  9. New Member
    Nole1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    248
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    97.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    All I can say is wow. Might be one of the silliest posts I have ever read. Nothing like extremes
    Yet, you'd be hard pressed to provide an accurate argument for any of those "extremes" when talking about the far left.

    Instead, you'd find a way to spin it that the poster is a narrow minded extremist, or a racist, or some other awful term. When in fact - he/she is probably an average caucasian American tired of the rhetoric from the left. Tired of working 60 hrs a week to pay SOMEONE ELSE's way.
  10. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post
    Yet, you'd be hard pressed to provide an accurate argument for any of those "extremes" when talking about the far left.

    Instead, you'd find a way to spin it that the poster is a narrow minded extremist, or a racist, or some other awful term. When in fact - he/she is probably an average caucasian American tired of the rhetoric from the left. Tired of working 60 hrs a week to pay SOMEONE ELSE's way.
    Just curious if you actually read mo's post? As he was not directing it towards the extreme left, but towards democrats. There is a huge difference, but I assume you know that already
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    That was insightful...


    glad you think so. thank you for adding this to the conversation
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Nothing like extremes
    yes, we know the democrats never do that.

  13. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yes, we know the democrats never do that.

    I dont remember saying that, but I am sure you are more aware of my words than I.

    I have realized that this thread is a left hating party, and as an idenpendent I might as well leave now.

    Continue the division in the country, it has worked so well for so long
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    the point is that if one side goes extreme, you have to combat it on the same grounds. "What about the children" is great for people pulling heart strings, but unless you can convince both parties to stop using extremes simultaneously, then both parties have to continue using extremes
  15. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    the point is that if one side goes extreme, you have to combat it on the same grounds. "What about the children" is great for people pulling heart strings, but unless you can convince both parties to stop using extremes simultaneously, then both parties have to continue using extremes
    lets not start the "he was bad first" argument as that is downright foolish and has no real answer. Both parties are a sham, you know it and I know it, and both parties are sending candidates that are not qualified for the position.

    Threads like these continue the path of division in a country that can and should no longer accept it. However, both sides will continue to bicker over "they started it" nonsense, and 10 years from now we will be sitting in the same place, accept our economy will be worse, and the war(s) will be endless, and the middle class will be all gone and forgotten(regardless of who wins). Good job by both parties.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  16. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wasn't it Gandhi who said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"?
  17. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    lets not start the "he was bad first" argument as that is downright foolish and has no real answer. Both parties are a sham, you know it and I know it, and both parties are sending candidates that are not qualified for the position.
    Indeed. But there are people out there who actually think there is a significant difference between Republicans and Democrats, and it's fun to make fun of them. And in my experience, in no way scientific but it's all I've got on this issue, most of those people are on the left.

    Threads like these continue the path of division in a country that can and should no longer accept it.
    There's a division in this country because people disagree. I know Democrats and Republicans like to think at heart everyone agrees with them, but it just isn't so. There is some foolish bickering, but below that are genuine and massive disconnects on basic ideological questions and also, once more in my own experience far more on the left, genuine and massive disconnects from reality.

    And finally, going to extremes is fun. What's with people thinking extreme and dirty politics are something new and undesirable? It's always been this way, and when things were more divisive I'd wager most people were better off than not. Way back when, when instead of this PC BS about "My friend from the other side of the aisle" you called your opponent "that prick who wants more money from my constituents."
  18. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    the point is that if one side goes extreme, you have to combat it on the same grounds. "What about the children" is great for people pulling heart strings, but unless you can convince both parties to stop using extremes simultaneously, then both parties have to continue using extremes
    I actually think a better response is to ignore (ie, not respond to) the more hysterical, hyperventilative screeds. To respond to such scurrilous cr@p lends it an air of legitimacy it does not merit, and which we as a self-governing people do not profit from in any way.

    Talkin' smack is fine for sporting events - but it's not a substitute for serious debate, honest examination & analysis, or sane self-government. More than at any time since the Civil War, we are "a house divided against itself" - and must inevitably become all one thing, or all the other - or perish.
  19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I agree in principal, but when the vast majority of the population are sheep swayed by "what about the children" because they don't know any better or care, how can one party ignore it if the other party pulls it out?
  20. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I agree in principal, but when the vast majority of the population are sheep swayed by "what about the children" because they don't know any better or care, how can one party ignore it if the other party pulls it out?
    just to add my thought, it is both parties at fault here, not just one.

    there is a litany of issues created by both sides, however it seems you are swayed in a way you described about the others
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  21. New Member
    Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%

    we are "a house divided against itself" - and must inevitably become all one thing, or all the other - or perish.
    I hope I am not understanding you correctly...but are you saying we need to all believe one way or the other or we're done for as a society? Have some Soma with your protein.
    Dust off your Animal Farm to see where the left is driving us.
  22. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Indeed. But there are people out there who actually think there is a significant difference between Republicans and Democrats, and it's fun to make fun of them. And in my experience, in no way scientific but it's all I've got on this issue, most of those people are on the left.
    I agree, however after a while it does get a bit much, no


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    There's a division in this country because people disagree. I know Democrats and Republicans like to think at heart everyone agrees with them, but it just isn't so. There is some foolish bickering, but below that are genuine and massive disconnects on basic ideological questions and also, once more in my own experience far more on the left, genuine and massive disconnects from reality.
    I dont disagree, but at this point the exploitation of the differences just seems so silly

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    And finally, going to extremes is fun. What's with people thinking extreme and dirty politics are something new and undesirable? It's always been this way, and when things were more divisive I'd wager most people were better off than not. Way back when, when instead of this PC BS about "My friend from the other side of the aisle" you called your opponent "that prick who wants more money from my constituents."
    this is pretty funny right here
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. New Member
    Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%

    just to add my thought, it is both parties at fault here, not just one.
    This is very true. My concern is that the two parties are actually becoming too similar. Wasn't very long ago Daschel had McCain thinking about swtiching parties. The Republicans have moved too far to the left for my worldview. Does that make me an extremist? I can't see that, I'm just your basic Reagan conservative.
  24. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just to add my thought, it is both parties at fault here, not just one.

    there is a litany of issues created by both sides, however it seems you are swayed in a way you described about the others
    Not at all, but the republican party is closer to my ideals than the democrats. Not voting is a joke as it changes nothing, so i'm forced to vote republican. I'm much more of a constitutionalist. More states rights, less federal government. the federal government was put into place to secure our borders from the outside, and to keep interstate commerce fair. Outside of that, the rest of what it has done for a long time is way out of scope.
  25. New Member
    Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%

    Side bar:
    bpmartyr, you post a lot of articles like this, spark a lot of debate, but never join in on the discussion. Be nice to see you elaborate on your ideas, etc., rather than just throw out an article. Just a thought....(great articles though, lol).
  26. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Not at all, but the republican party is closer to my ideals than the democrats. Not voting is a joke as it changes nothing, so i'm forced to vote republican. I'm much more of a constitutionalist. More states rights, less federal government. the federal government was put into place to secure our borders from the outside, and to keep interstate commerce fair. Outside of that, the rest of what it has done for a long time is way out of scope.
    the government was also given other jobs and they have been lack in all of them
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  27. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I hope I am not understanding you correctly...but are you saying we need to all believe one way or the other or we're done for as a society? Have some Soma with your protein.
    Dust off your Animal Farm to see where the left is driving us.
    Gee, Sport - that quote from ABRAHAM LINCOLN kinda threw you, dinnit?

    I have this bet with myself: that fewer than one in ten can tell when and how "left" and "right" came into political speech; I base this on the observation that the Left/Right "political dichotomy" is typically used (more aggresively by the "right", it seems) as if it meant something in and of itself - and not in reference to something specific. It is a specific historical reference. Anyone want to prove me wrong?
  28. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986036
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I hope I am not understanding you correctly...but are you saying we need to all believe one way or the other or we're done for as a society? Have some Soma with your protein.
    Dust off your Animal Farm to see where the left is driving us.
    "All animals are equal...but some are more equal than others."

    Quick read...leisurely in only a couple hours.

    That's the extent of my participation in these types of threads...I seem to have views that piss both sides off, lol.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  29. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Gee, Sport - that quote from ABRAHAM LINCOLN kinda threw you, dinnit?

    I have this bet with myself: that fewer than one in ten can tell when and how "left" and "right" came into political speech; I base this on the observation that the Left/Right "political dichotomy" is typically used (more aggresively by the "right", it seems) as if it meant something in and of itself - and not in reference to something specific. It is a specific historical reference. Anyone want to prove me wrong?
    French Revolution I believe
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  30. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3040
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post


    glad you think so. thank you for adding this to the conversation
    OK, point taken.

    I believe at the time of my posting, I had added more to the conversation in 2 words than your overblown insult to the oringinal post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329
    Just curious if you actually read mo's post? As he was not directing it towards the extreme left, but towards democrats. There is a huge difference, but I assume you know that already
    So in adding to the conversation, the title said Democrats, but within the body he refers to both the "far-left" and "liberals," so it appears that the article is about the left (extreme is a relative term).

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    Not at all, but the republican party is closer to my ideals than the democrats. Not voting is a joke as it changes nothing, so i'm forced to vote republican. I'm much more of a constitutionalist. More states rights, less federal government. the federal government was put into place to secure our borders from the outside, and to keep interstate commerce fair. Outside of that, the rest of what it has done for a long time is way out of scope.
    That's about where I sit. I would probably vote Independent if there were ever any strong candidates and/or the 2 party system was "corrected." As it stands now, my voting record would show that I don't strictly vote a party line at the local, state or federal levels. I vote for the candidate that (at least who's campaign) most closely resembles my ideals. That tends to be Repub more often.
  31. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3040
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Gee, Sport - that quote from ABRAHAM LINCOLN kinda threw you, dinnit?

    I have this bet with myself: that fewer than one in ten can tell when and how "left" and "right" came into political speech; I base this on the observation that the Left/Right "political dichotomy" is typically used (more aggresively by the "right", it seems) as if it meant something in and of itself - and not in reference to something specific. It is a specific historical reference. Anyone want to prove me wrong?
    The French Revolution story of the seating arrangements seems to make more sense, and is the reason I have heard of more often. I never checked the accuracy, though.
  32. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    OK, point taken.

    I believe at the time of my posting, I had added more to the conversation in 2 words than your overblown insult to the oringinal post.

    So in adding to the conversation, the title said Democrats, but within the body he refers to both the "far-left" and "liberals," so it appears that the article is about the left (extreme is a relative term).
    evidently by your first comment you are mistaken, enough said there

    actually, the term extreme is mentioned in a very innocuos (sp) way, and is mentioned as the primary basis of judgement about those on the left. The end result is, that the article is biased as have been most that have been posted
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  33. New Member
    Arrogant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    I'm voting Democrat because...

    -When my children go to school, I want the teachers to show them how to use condoms.
    LOL. Because sexual education is a bad thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -I want a government run, socialized health care system, because gov't programs work so good.
    I'll excuse the awful grammar (probably a result of that brutal school system you mentioned) and ask you about the myriad of government run health programs already in existence, and how they've grown since 2000.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -I don't think people who were stupid & bought houses they can't afford should lose their homes. I want to pay for them.
    Agreed. But let's talk about the Republican led bailouts of multinational corporations that exhibited the same bad judgments and fiscal stupidity. Corporate handouts have nearly doubled since Dubya.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -I shouldn't have the right to carry a firearm. If we ban guns, the criminals would also stop using them, because they're fair like that.
    Do wacky NRA/conservative radio talking points really work?
    Based on this comment, I guess they do.
    Nobody is taking away your gun - and you look like a scared little xenophobe when you claim that "OMG!! ITS GONNA HAPPEN!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Because I know that child molesters are just confused, they can be re-habed with just a little time spent in jail & some therapy (that I should pay for). & Besides, who am I to really judge their life-style anyway.
    This one confounds me - and not just because of your continued destruction of the English language. A child molester has a disease, it's not a lifestyle. Although that's a handy way of including gay overtones in your argument. I don't know anyone, other than the Catholic Church that believes these animals can be rehabilitated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Affirmative action is great! Putting a lesser qualified person in a position over a better qualified person based solely on race is so fair. Besides, black peolpe aren't smart enough to compete with whites, they need all the help they can get.
    Sweet! Then you'll have no problem voting for Obama.
    He believes race-based affirmative action should be greatly reduced.

    McBush, on the other hand, believes all federal affirmative action programs should continue.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Socialism works! Just look at history.
    It's amazing that Faux News and Rush can spout off their talking points, and their faithful little sheep eat it up - without any substantiation of the facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -I like being a slave to oil rich foreign countries. No need to use our own resources!
    Let's see... The Bush and Cheney families makes many millions off of that foreign oil. Create never before seen levels of instability in the Middle East -- and you point the finger at Democrats for your oil woes? Dubya and his oil cronies have never been happier and it's hysterical to suggest that off shore oil drilling will have any impact on the cost you pay at the pump.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Complying with the Kyoto treaty is a great idea! Who needs industry in America anyway? If we limit ourselves & stop producing goods here, they'll just be produced in another country with even slacker environmental laws, but don't worry about that, because we'll know we're doing the right thing. Besides, those greeters at Wal-Mart seem to love their jobs. I think I would like to make that my new career.
    Let's see... You bring up perennial GOP funding king Wal-Mart.
    They not only suggest it, they DEMAND that their vendors outsource their manufacturing to foreign companies - because cash is king. PERIOD.

    In 1998 we imported $71 billion from China.
    In 1999 we imported $81 billion from China.

    Those were the EVIL Clinton years.

    Now, using your theory of GWB not signing the treaty and promoting US industry, those numbers should at the VERY LEAST continued on a similar level of growth, or even taken a step backwards, because after all GWB cares about Americans!!

    Right?

    Wrong.

    2000 - China exported $100 billion to America
    2007 - China exported $321.5 billion to America

    This amounts to an unprecedented $256 billion trade defict with JUST China! YAY GEORGE BUSH!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -I like having illegal immigrants here. They lower my wages, & do jobs that we Americans are too good to do. They drive around with no licenses, drunk, & kill people. But that's OK because they add to my voter base.
    Unfortunately for you, the Republicans are backed by large corporations that love to take advantage of that labor.
    Therefore, they're more than willing to add illegal aliens to their voter base. I thought that the illegal alien argument would be one that I'd find common ground with the GOP -- instead, it once again came down to money and votes.

    And to a certain extent, I agree with the GOP way of thinking.
    If a dumb immigrant can take your job, you need to reevaluate your position in life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Having a slave underclass (illegal immigrants) is OK. They'll be happy to stay poor & clean toilets. That's why I don't mind paying their medical bills & providing social services for them.
    FACT: More white people are on welfare than any other race.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -We don't need border control. Never mind those drugs that flood over them, thus ruining the lives of millions of Americans in countless ways.
    The GOP disagrees. Here's where they shine!!
    The illegal aliens can be patrolled by a cool series of video cameras and motion detectors! And really, if they make it over here - they're just trying to better their lives anyway.
    Now...also keep in mind that the Karl Rove has masterminded the lame terrorist theory that AT ANY SECOND we'll have 9/11 PART TWO!!

    FYI: If a barefoot immigrant can make it past our elaborate border patrol, wouldn't a highly sophisticated terrorist network be able to do the same thing? Oh wait? You mean it's not about protecting the borders...and there's really no threat?
    Controlling by fear - it's the Republican way!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo250 View Post
    -Because if I don't vote for Obama, it's because I am a racist. Not because I disagree with him on a philosophical level.
    Based on your above arguments, I'd say that it has more to do with him being half black than anything else. However, I do share your hatred for ANYONE that bases a vote on skin color. Many, many black people voted for Obama simply because he is half black. However, many millions more based their decision NOT to vote for him because of his color...

    It will be hilarious to see McCain carry the elderly vote, even though he has voted to gut their medicare. I could go on and on with his flip-flops, but anyone with a single functioning brain cell can figure it out. People very well may have fundamental differences with Obama (although they usually can never articulate it to me), but McCain isn't the answer either, and his complete lack of support from the GOP is proof of that.
  34. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3040
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    evidently by your first comment you are mistaken, enough said there
    Enough said? You didn't even say anything with that statement. There was nothing to be mistaken about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329
    actually, the term extreme is mentioned in a very innocuos (sp) way, and is mentioned as the primary basis of judgement about those on the left. The end result is, that the article is biased as have been most that have been posted
    The definition of the word extreme was hardly the point of my post. Additionally, "extreme" was your word, not the authors (he used "far") and I chose not to use it, and stated why. No one has argued whether or not the article was biased, that was obvious. He's writing his opinion, not reporting a story. It's empty statements like your posting that make the Left look bad. Accusations, insults, and riddles, but lacking constructive commentary or answers, it's the rep that the left has built. I know you said you are Independent, but fundementally, everyone leans to one side or another. Judging by your postings, it can be presumed that you are representing the Left.

    Also, it doesn't matter how you use extreme, it's still not an infinite unit of measurement, and it's still a relative measure/gauge. Phera-Plex may be extreme to a natural bodybuilder, but not to an IFBB pro.

    I've said all I need to. I'm out. Going to go read bodybuilding threads now.
  35. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1376
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Why I'm Voting Democrat
    Ben Shapiro
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008

    A new video on YouTube is taking the Internet by storm. Entitled "I'm Voting Republican," the satirical clip depicts actors playing conservative Americans of all shapes and sizes explaining why they would vote for the GOP.

    "Arnold Jones" says he's voting Republican because "all other countries are inferior to us" -- and his wife, "Trudy Jones," adds, "and we should start as many wars as we need to keep it that way." A soldier in Iraq states that he's voting Republican "so I can stay in Iraq" -- and a young boy, labeled "future draftee," points a fake gun at the camera and smiles while saying "so I can go to Iran!"

    A black couple says they're voting Republican because they "like a conservative majority on the Supreme Court," with the wife noting, "we really like knowing that even if we're separate, we'll still be called equal."

    This insulting nonsense is precisely what liberals think of conservatives: We're all warmongers, racists, environmental rapists and secret emissaries of big corporations. We're going to reinstitute the draft, start a war with Canada and then relocate African-Americans to Quebec.

    This sort of tripe should be dismissed out of hand. In the spirit of evenhandedness and fair play, however, I feel it my duty to explain why I'm going to vote Democrat.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the best strategy in war is defeat. It broadens the mind to learn Japanese, German and Arabic. Talk about multiculturalism!

    I'm voting Democrat because I'm mad that George W. Bush hasn't caught Bin Laden. That's because Bin Laden is the only Islamic terrorist in the world.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that if I don't have enough money, the solution is for the government to take more of my money. Who needs money when gas is $5 per gallon?

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the ideal family is two homosexual bonobos, a goat and a parrot raising a human baby. Love and compassion is all it takes to make a successful family!

    I'm voting Democrat because it's my body, and if I want to kill my baby, I'll do it, even if its head is in the birth canal. If I want to cut out my intestines and feed them to the crocodiles, I'll do that too. That's the freedom our forefathers enshrined in the Constitution.

    I'm voting Democrat because our enemies on the battlefield deserve comfy hotel rooms, Pay-Per-View, prostitutes and all the benefits of American citizenship.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe we need other countries' permission for me to turn down my thermostat.

    I'm voting Democrat because I care about the real victims of crime -- criminals.

    I'm voting Democrat because the real cure for racism includes preferential policies based on race -- particularly in presidential voting. If you believe that a black candidate ought to be qualified, as well as black, you're worse than Bull Conner.

    I'm voting Democrat because everyone deserves crappy healthcare. Sure, you'll have to wait years for that life-saving cancer surgery. But it's first come, first served at the cemetery!

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe in minority rights (except in Muslim countries), free speech (with regard to pornography but not conservative talk radio), environmentalism (unless we're talking about Al Gore's house) and diplomacy (but never backed by the threat of military force).

    I'm voting Democrat because I like the words "hope" and "change." Also "kazoo." That's a funny word.

    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that America's founders were rich, white, greedy xenophobes, and that America's founding principles are hogwash requiring periodic editing from an unelected group of liberal judges.

    Most of all, I'm voting Democrat because I like the ideas they have over in France, but I don't feel like moving there. I'll threaten to move, but I really won't. After all, I have a good job, healthcare, lower taxes, free speech and a social framework that promotes family structure. And all of it is defended by the most effective fighting force on the planet.

    If only the institution of far-left values resulted in a great country. Oh, well. That won't stop me from voting Democrat, though. After all, I'm voting Democrat because thought isn't one of my strong suits.

    While i can see your point on the first part of the argument, the rest of your rant is truly base. I really wish the people in this country would stop slinging mud and just look at the facts. the fact is neither side is right and they both have there flaws. when people take a flaw and accentuate it to the point that they just look stupid is just sad. please be a bigger person a research your views.
  36. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1376
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant View Post
    LOL. Because sexual education is a bad thing?



    I'll excuse the awful grammar (probably a result of that brutal school system you mentioned) and ask you about the myriad of government run health programs already in existence, and how they've grown since 2000.



    Agreed. But let's talk about the Republican led bailouts of multinational corporations that exhibited the same bad judgments and fiscal stupidity. Corporate handouts have nearly doubled since Dubya.



    Do wacky NRA/conservative radio talking points really work?
    Based on this comment, I guess they do.
    Nobody is taking away your gun - and you look like a scared little xenophobe when you claim that "OMG!! ITS GONNA HAPPEN!"



    This one confounds me - and not just because of your continued destruction of the English language. A child molester has a disease, it's not a lifestyle. Although that's a handy way of including gay overtones in your argument. I don't know anyone, other than the Catholic Church that believes these animals can be rehabilitated.



    Sweet! Then you'll have no problem voting for Obama.
    He believes race-based affirmative action should be greatly reduced.

    McBush, on the other hand, believes all federal affirmative action programs should continue.




    It's amazing that Faux News and Rush can spout off their talking points, and their faithful little sheep eat it up - without any substantiation of the facts.




    Let's see... The Bush and Cheney families makes many millions off of that foreign oil. Create never before seen levels of instability in the Middle East -- and you point the finger at Democrats for your oil woes? Dubya and his oil cronies have never been happier and it's hysterical to suggest that off shore oil drilling will have any impact on the cost you pay at the pump.





    Let's see... You bring up perennial GOP funding king Wal-Mart.
    They not only suggest it, they DEMAND that their vendors outsource their manufacturing to foreign companies - because cash is king. PERIOD.

    In 1998 we imported $71 billion from China.
    In 1999 we imported $81 billion from China.

    Those were the EVIL Clinton years.

    Now, using your theory of GWB not signing the treaty and promoting US industry, those numbers should at the VERY LEAST continued on a similar level of growth, or even taken a step backwards, because after all GWB cares about Americans!!

    Right?

    Wrong.

    2000 - China exported $100 billion to America
    2007 - China exported $321.5 billion to America

    This amounts to an unprecedented $256 billion trade defict with JUST China! YAY GEORGE BUSH!!!




    Unfortunately for you, the Republicans are backed by large corporations that love to take advantage of that labor.
    Therefore, they're more than willing to add illegal aliens to their voter base. I thought that the illegal alien argument would be one that I'd find common ground with the GOP -- instead, it once again came down to money and votes.

    And to a certain extent, I agree with the GOP way of thinking.
    If a dumb immigrant can take your job, you need to reevaluate your position in life.



    FACT: More white people are on welfare than any other race.




    The GOP disagrees. Here's where they shine!!
    The illegal aliens can be patrolled by a cool series of video cameras and motion detectors! And really, if they make it over here - they're just trying to better their lives anyway.
    Now...also keep in mind that the Karl Rove has masterminded the lame terrorist theory that AT ANY SECOND we'll have 9/11 PART TWO!!

    FYI: If a barefoot immigrant can make it past our elaborate border patrol, wouldn't a highly sophisticated terrorist network be able to do the same thing? Oh wait? You mean it's not about protecting the borders...and there's really no threat?
    Controlling by fear - it's the Republican way!



    Based on your above arguments, I'd say that it has more to do with him being half black than anything else. However, I do share your hatred for ANYONE that bases a vote on skin color. Many, many black people voted for Obama simply because he is half black. However, many millions more based their decision NOT to vote for him because of his color...

    It will be hilarious to see McCain carry the elderly vote, even though he has voted to gut their medicare. I could go on and on with his flip-flops, but anyone with a single functioning brain cell can figure it out. People very well may have fundamental differences with Obama (although they usually can never articulate it to me), but McCain isn't the answer either, and his complete lack of support from the GOP is proof of that.

    thank you finally another intelligent person!!!
  37. New Member
    WebDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    211
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    20%

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    thank you finally another intelligent person!!!

    X2..

    Mo250 pretty much got ownt, lol.
  38. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDesigner View Post
    X2..

    Mo250 pretty much got ownt, lol.


    So insightful.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  39. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    Enough said? You didn't even say anything with that statement. There was nothing to be mistaken about.

    The definition of the word extreme was hardly the point of my post. Additionally, "extreme" was your word, not the authors (he used "far") and I chose not to use it, and stated why. No one has argued whether or not the article was biased, that was obvious. He's writing his opinion, not reporting a story. It's empty statements like your posting that make the Left look bad. Accusations, insults, and riddles, but lacking constructive commentary or answers, it's the rep that the left has built. I know you said you are Independent, but fundementally, everyone leans to one side or another. Judging by your postings, it can be presumed that you are representing the Left.

    Also, it doesn't matter how you use extreme, it's still not an infinite unit of measurement, and it's still a relative measure/gauge. Phera-Plex may be extreme to a natural bodybuilder, but not to an IFBB pro.

    I've said all I need to. I'm out. Going to go read bodybuilding threads now.
    I do have to say you seem to like ot make assumptions, specifically about where my political leanings lie. Well then kind sir I will tell you. I am socially liberal and have been fiscally conservative, but that has nothing to do with political parties hence the indy denomination. As it stands now, the parties are blurring the lines, and are not to true to their previous standards.

    Dealing with word extreme, it is a bit silly to assume and state that one candidate is extreme as was the purpose of the OP. Keep in mind, that while certain issues might seem extreme, the candidate as a whole is not
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  40. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So far, we have a half point to Reaper_329 and to Mass_69 for narrowing it down to the French Revolution.

    Another half-point to Mass_69 for knowing it has something to do with "seating arrangements"; however, there's still a very revealing ways to go.

    For one point each:
    - what *were* those "seating arrangements"?
    - how did they come about?

    and THREE points to whoever can tie it all together & describe how these things led to "left" and "right" entering into Anglo-European political speech, where they have remained - as "useful" as ever - for over 200 years. ("Anglo-European" in this sense includes the USA)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. democrat against obama
    By wastchak in forum Politics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
  2. Are you a Democrat or Republican???
    By Chad in forum Politics
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM
  3. Democrat, Republican, or a Redneck?
    By Hoopie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
  4. A Democrat or a Republican?
    By bpmartyr in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
  5. democrat vs. republican
    By primal1 in forum Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in