Poll: Who is going to be the next president ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

That's right fellas, who is going to be president ?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. That's right fellas, who is going to be president ?


    Obama or McCain ? You know there needs to be a poll for this.


  2. sounds like obama cant lose.
    •   
       


  3. Who do we want to be president or who do we think is going to be president?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  4. Who you think is going to be president.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    sounds like obama cant lose.


    He's probably going to take it to be honest. They might as well make him president already.
    •   
       


  6. an Obama/Clinton ticket will be tough to beat

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    an Obama/Clinton ticket will be tough to beat
    An Obama/Clinton ticket would be Democrat suicide. Most who would have crossed over to vote for Obama/X would flee like rats BACK to McCain, just to make sure that harpy is nowhere near the white house.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    An Obama/Clinton ticket would be Democrat suicide. Most who would have crossed over to vote for Obama/X would flee like rats BACK to McCain, just to make sure that harpy is nowhere near the white house.
    I disagree, she has recevied 18 million vbotes thus far, and her typical voter will now start to swing towards Obama

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I disagree, she has recevied 18 million vbotes thus far, and her typical voter will now start to swing towards Obama
    I was speaking of the independents and disillusioned repubs that were swayed by Obama, but that are completely nauseated by Hillary's utter lack of ethics, honesty, etc. and will refuse to cast any vote that gets her anywhere near the white house with even a shot at being prez.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  10. I think its going to be a tight race, but I think McCain is going to pull it out. Most Hillary supporters hate Obama. I see a lot of them crossing over and voting McCain. Hell he is practically a democrat anyway.

  11. This will be an interesting race to be sure.

    McCain is just about unelectable on his own, add that to the baggage that comes with the electorates distrust of the Republican party and you have quite a stinker of a candidate.

    However, Obama is not a great candidate either. He is too far left for most, and coupled with his choice of socialist/black nationalist/communist companions this too makes him a pretty weak candidate. Couple that with just how pissed off the feminist are at him, and we have a recipe for disaster. Does he take Hillary on as VP in order to appease the democratic woman voter, and lose many independents who do not like the Lizard Queen, or does he split the party and take a different VP?

    Perhaps Obama can pick a VP that will appease the beast, but that is doubtful. Hillary is not going to shake hands and go quietly into the night.

    If McCain picks a good solid VP I give him a slight edge, but even then I think it will be pretty close.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I was speaking of the independents and disillusioned repubs that were swayed by Obama, but that are completely nauseated by Hillary's utter lack of ethics, honesty, etc. and will refuse to cast any vote that gets her anywhere near the white house with even a shot at being prez.
    I dont disagree with you here, however I think many of her 18 million will outweigh these disillusioned few

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    This will be an interesting race to be sure.

    McCain is just about unelectable on his own, add that to the baggage that comes with the electorates distrust of the Republican party and you have quite a stinker of a candidate.

    However, Obama is not a great candidate either. He is too far left for most, and coupled with his choice of socialist/black nationalist/communist companions this too makes him a pretty weak candidate. Couple that with just how pissed off the feminist are at him, and we have a recipe for disaster. Does he take Hillary on as VP in order to appease the democratic woman voter, and lose many independents who do not like the Lizard Queen, or does he split the party and take a different VP?

    Perhaps Obama can pick a VP that will appease the beast, but that is doubtful. Hillary is not going to shake hands and go quietly into the night.

    If McCain picks a good solid VP I give him a slight edge, but even then I think it will be pretty close.
    I agree, Hillary is tough for many to swallow, we in the us seem to hate strong women. However, there are no truly strong vp candidates out there that make either party say wow.

    Dems: Edwards (no chance), Biden (only I seem to like him) Richardson (come on)

    Repubs: Jindal (hes only 36), Romney (Mormon, sorry it matters to too many), Huckabee (This one makes me laugh)

    Not too much out there sadly, I think it ends up Clinton and either Pawlenty or Crist

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I agree, Hillary is tough for many to swallow, we in the us seem to hate strong women. However, there are no truly strong vp candidates out there that make either party say wow.

    Dems: Edwards (no chance), Biden (only I seem to like him) Richardson (come on)

    Repubs: Jindal (hes only 36), Romney (Mormon, sorry it matters to too many), Huckabee (This one makes me laugh)

    Not too much out there sadly, I think it ends up Clinton and either Pawlenty or Crist
    I would vote for McCain if he took Jindal as his running mate. Jindal is in actuality the candidate that Obama claims to be.

    As for the VP spot in the Dem race, that is a tough one. Obama is going to have a hard time selling his politics of change with an influence peddling Clinton on his ticket. The reality of the situation is that a Clinton/Obama ticket is nearly unbeatable, whereas an Obama/Clinton ticket is severely lacking. If the Democrats knew then what they know now, about Obama, we would see the Clinton/Obama ticket.

  15. Where's the Ron Paul Choice?

    It cracks me up talking to my mother about this issue because she thinks Hilary was robbed just b/c shes a woman, but that I ask her about any of Hilary's policies or believes and she has no clue what they are. Stuff like this scares me.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  16. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Where's the Ron Paul Choice?

    It cracks me up talking to my mother about this issue because she thinks Hilary was robbed just b/c shes a woman, but that I ask her about any of Hilary's policies or believes and she has no clue what they are. Stuff like this scares me.
    The vast majority of women feel Hillary was robbed. i spoke to two long time Democratic woman who both voiced that they would never vote for Obama because he took away her place as the first female president.

    On another note, Alaska Governor Sarah Pallin is being tossed around as VP for McCain. She is in her mid-forties and supposedly has 90% voter approval ratings, is a former athletic star, and is a stunning beauty. I haven't seen her picture yet, and i don't know her qualifications, but I bet all those disillusioned female votes would swing in McCain's direction if this were the case.

  17. The distaste for hillary has zero to do with fear of "strong women". It has to do with her shameless pandering, constant lies, self righteousness, and that stupid snearing smug look she carries....not to mention her sense of entitlement, and utter " political lack of identity".

    she pretends to be whatever she thinks will get votes at the moment....she is therefore NOT strong at all.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  18. Jimmy Carter advised Obama today not to consider Hillary for the job. He is among a number, some of which are her own advisers, that do not think she should take the job even if it is offered.

    Hillary is an asset inside the Democratic party but not necessarily in the actual election.

    Condie is on McCain's list but he is going to need to do more than nominate her to split the African-American Dem vote and Colin Powell is more likely if that is the logic. The Powell Doctrine has been vindicated by the debacle in Iraq and if his advice had been heeded we wouldn't be in the mess we are in and that would come out and help McCain distance himself from Bush.

    Hillary on the other hand could easily be the next Secretary of State but may soon have more clout as a senior senator if Schumer doesn't run. Also I think she is holding out for the SCOTUS to take Stevens seat and once in I suspect she could end up some day as Chief.

    Obama needs a southern governor or military man. Some of the names being thrown around are Sam Nunn, Evan Bayh, Chris Dodd, and Wesley Clark. Another name being offered is the present governor of Kansas, Kathleen Sebelius, who is a two term Democratic governor of a Republican state. Check out this article that lays it out well.

    Potential Running mates

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/...rss_topstories

  19. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I was speaking of the independents and disillusioned repubs that were swayed by Obama, but that are completely nauseated by Hillary's utter lack of ethics, honesty, etc. and will refuse to cast any vote that gets her anywhere near the white house with even a shot at being prez.
    bumped for sheer unadulterated truth!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I think its going to be a tight race, but I think McCain is going to pull it out. Most Hillary supporters hate Obama. I see a lot of them crossing over and voting McCain. Hell he is practically a democrat anyway.
    McCain stands virtually no chance at all: his dumping of Parsley & Haggis drives a wedge between him and the extreme-right evangelicals the 'Pubs have depended on for decades: without 'em, he has a snowball's chance, and that only if he moves closer to the center (that would be generally left to most of you) than to the fringe; and there are simply too many unresolvable questions surrounding him in general - they add to his general Oscar-the-Grouch / Grandpa Munster charisma.

    Most Hillary supporters DO NOT hate Obama - they hate the idea of a woman coming in second for ANY reason - the idea that many of them will vote for McCain (or stay home) flies in the face of history and common sense - as does this notion that McCain is "practically a Democrat" - like I say, he HAS to move toward the center to make up for his losses w/ the extreme - no more makes him a Democrat than "flying" makes a flying fish an eagle....

  21. Isn't Mcain also against abortions? the chicks wont like that.........

  22. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Where's the Ron Paul Choice?

    It cracks me up talking to my mother about this issue because she thinks Hilary was robbed just b/c shes a woman, but that I ask her about any of Hilary's policies or believes and she has no clue what they are. Stuff like this scares me.
    I have the same issue with my mother. She is going to write in mickey mouse

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I agree, Hillary is tough for many to swallow, we in the us seem to hate strong women.
    Even among politicians - widely despised for being corrupt, self-aggrandizing liars - HRC stands out as THE MOST corrupt, THE MOST self-aggrandizing, THE MOST dishonest. If that's the definition of "a strong woman" we're in WAAAAY more trouble than we think.

    Any reasonable adult w/ a handle on the world will reject her - the only thing that has kept her afloat so long is the partisan pipe-dream of those for whom a woman president is THE ONLY PRIORITY.

    That sort of monomania rarely wins - and is typically a complete disaster when it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    However, there are no truly strong vp candidates out there that make either party say wow.

    Dems: Edwards (no chance), Biden (only I seem to like him) Richardson (come on)

    Repubs: Jindal (hes only 36), Romney (Mormon, sorry it matters to too many), Huckabee (This one makes me laugh)

    Not too much out there sadly, I think it ends up Clinton and either Pawlenty or Crist
    Jindal's at least as unknown a quantity now as Obama was when he keynoted the '04 DP convention - given the RP's desperate straits, picking him would be no better than Russian Roulette; I think Romney and Huckabee are each likely, as each is favored by a core constituency the RP has long considered indispensable - older-money neo-cons, and the evangelical extreme - and yes, there is considerable interpenetration between these constituencies; however, neither candidate is a real match for *both* constituencies - and given the fact that neither likes McCain at all, it'll be fascinating to see which one he risks alienating.

    On the DP side, I think his best choices are Clark and Richardson; of the 2, I think Clark would be the best "message" nomination - meaqning, he would signal strong military/national-security cred, he's widely respected, and has experience to balance Obama's assumed lack thereof. Richardson OTOH has perhaps the best & most extensive resume in US politics, and would be the best single adviser Obama could have; as well, he is presumed to have real weight in the hispanic ranks, and would further extend the promise of new approaches and new solutions.

    HRC would be the kiss o' Death for the Deeps - McCain could still lose running against her, but he may not be capable of screwing up that badly. HRC is simply the most unpopular figure in US politics; yes, she has her suicide supporters, but HRC remains radioactive & only her person ninja squad will get near her.

    That said, here's a *real* out-of-the-blue idea: McCain / Clinton.

    They're practically fraternal twins politically, as it is: HRC's addiction to power could well lead her to entertain the notion, and she could well bring enough voters to make up for the ones she drives away (the ones she drives away will likely also be among McCain's already-disaffected un-supporters). 'Course, I think in this case we'd see the EEs break away entirely & run a ticket of their own (a Huckabee / Tancredo ticket?)

  24. McCain will win.

    So the far right has issues with him? You think they'll vote for Obama instead? Or withhold their vote and allow Obama to become the next president? I don't think all this talk of alienating the far right is going to matter quite as much as everyone is making it out to matter.

    Obama and Clinton successfully split the democratic party in two. Not only are their disgruntled politicians who were keen on seeing their guy/gal in the White House, there is also a very large portion of the democratic voters who are disgruntled that their guy/gal didn't get the nod. And ironically it's easier for them to make a jump to McCain who has a fairly liberal voting record in social matters than far right wing republicans making a jump to Obama.

    Think about that for a moment and really consider which voting populace is more likely to jump ship to an opposing candidate because they didn't get who they wanted.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Even among politicians - widely despised for being corrupt, self-aggrandizing liars - HRC stands out as THE MOST corrupt, THE MOST self-aggrandizing, THE MOST dishonest. If that's the definition of "a strong woman" we're in WAAAAY more trouble than we think.

    Any reasonable adult w/ a handle on the world will reject her - the only thing that has kept her afloat so long is the partisan pipe-dream of those for whom a woman president is THE ONLY PRIORITY.

    That sort of monomania rarely wins - and is typically a complete disaster when it does.

    Jindal's at least as unknown a quantity now as Obama was when he keynoted the '04 DP convention - given the RP's desperate straits, picking him would be no better than Russian Roulette; I think Romney and Huckabee are each likely, as each is favored by a core constituency the RP has long considered indispensable - older-money neo-cons, and the evangelical extreme - and yes, there is considerable interpenetration between these constituencies; however, neither candidate is a real match for *both* constituencies - and given the fact that neither likes McCain at all, it'll be fascinating to see which one he risks alienating.

    On the DP side, I think his best choices are Clark and Richardson; of the 2, I think Clark would be the best "message" nomination - meaqning, he would signal strong military/national-security cred, he's widely respected, and has experience to balance Obama's assumed lack thereof. Richardson OTOH has perhaps the best & most extensive resume in US politics, and would be the best single adviser Obama could have; as well, he is presumed to have real weight in the hispanic ranks, and would further extend the promise of new approaches and new solutions.

    HRC would be the kiss o' Death for the Deeps - McCain could still lose running against her, but he may not be capable of screwing up that badly. HRC is simply the most unpopular figure in US politics; yes, she has her suicide supporters, but HRC remains radioactive & only her person ninja squad will get near her.

    That said, here's a *real* out-of-the-blue idea: McCain / Clinton.

    They're practically fraternal twins politically, as it is: HRC's addiction to power could well lead her to entertain the notion, and she could well bring enough voters to make up for the ones she drives away (the ones she drives away will likely also be among McCain's already-disaffected un-supporters). 'Course, I think in this case we'd see the EEs break away entirely & run a ticket of their own (a Huckabee / Tancredo ticket?)
    I think at the end of the day, Romney based on economics will be the best choice for Mccain and probably the right one. For Obama, I just cant see Richardson at all. I would truly love t see Biden who has shown a strong sense of connection to the white working class, which Obama sorely lacks. However, I dont think he gets it, as his name recognition is minimal.

    McCain/Romney v. Obama/Hagel?

  26. Huckabee vs. Edwards.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    An Obama/Clinton ticket would be Democrat suicide. Most who would have crossed over to vote for Obama/X would flee like rats BACK to McCain, just to make sure that harpy is nowhere near the white house.
    Truest statement right there
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  28. Hilary and Obama's policies do not differ much. If you look at those alone I see no real reason a Hilary voter would switch to McCain. The problem lies when people choose to vote for the person who appeals to them the most over who's plans and policies will benefit them and society as a whole the most.

  29. Al Gore FTW
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who will be the next President of USA?
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 01:27 PM
  2. President's Day
    By The Neck in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
  3. Who will be the next president ?
    By ReaperX in forum Politics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 07:37 PM
  4. Could a guy like this become President?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Politics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Log in
Log in