Get ready for socialism! - AnabolicMinds.com

Get ready for socialism!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    Get ready for socialism!


    Obama has clinched the Democratic nomination. Get ready to give even more of your hard-earned money to the government to fund those social programs that work so well!

  2. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    734

    Reputation

    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. - Dom Helder Camara
  3. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Obama has clinched the Democratic nomination. Get ready to give even more of your hard-earned money to the government to fund those social programs that work so well!
    Wow, a bit extreme no? Kinda funny coming out of the Bush administration where our money went to a war that has worked out so well
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Obama has clinched the Democratic nomination. Get ready to give even more of your hard-earned money to the government to fund those social programs that work so well!
    Word.
  5. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Wow, a bit extreme no? Kinda funny coming out of the Bush administration where our money went to a war that has worked out so well
    Actually it is working well now (although I agree the planning was terrible) but you didnt hear that NPR huh?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

    Norman Thomas, 1948
  6. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Actually it is working well now (although I agree the planning was terrible) but you didnt hear that NPR huh?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

    Norman Thomas, 1948
    Actually not a dem here, but nice assumption I guess.

    Working well now? I guess foxnews is a great source of information
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  7. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Actually it is working well now...
    Yeah, we're well on our way to a permanent state of war - which is doing such wonders for the economy - and it's whittling away nicely at that darned inconvenient constitution, too. Thumbs-up all around, I guess....

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    "The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

    Norman Thomas
    Those who learn history from the John Birch Society are doomed to be very confused - and typically wrong.
  8. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Yeah, we're well on our way to a permanent state of war - which is doing such wonders for the economy - and it's whittling away nicely at that darned inconvenient constitution, too. Thumbs-up all around, I guess....


    Those who learn history from the John Birch Society are doomed to be very confused - and typically wrong.
    Read past the name of the quote and READ the quote. It is as true as can be. Iraq is now at its most stable point thus far, hence the talks of drawdowns.
  9. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Actually not a dem here, but nice assumption I guess.

    Working well now? I guess foxnews is a great source of information
    I'm not a republican. BTW, I don't watch fox, or TV for that matter.
  10. New Member
    Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    198

    Reputation

    Four legs baaaaad, two legs gooood.
    Spending has been out of control under the Bush admin, and I'm talking domestic spending. Going to be outright insane should Obama win. Most lib voter in the Senate. McCain is scary enough. Change indeed.
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Actually not a dem here, but nice assumption I guess.

    Working well now? I guess foxnews is a great source of information
    Maybe you should actually read what General Petraeus says....and look at the actual numbers.


    But that would ruin MSNBC's talking points....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    Four legs baaaaad, two legs gooood.
    Spending has been out of control under the Bush admin, and I'm talking domestic spending. Going to be outright insane should Obama win. Most lib voter in the Senate. McCain is scary enough. Change indeed.

    Look at the Farm Bill. MORE subsidies for CORN ethanol (morons) in a record amount for a farm bill. You could feed an army with the ribs from that pork.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Oh I forgot for those in New York. The taxing liberals are at it again. Now, its the Internet Tax.

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...e-internet-tax
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Oh I forgot for those in New York. The taxing liberals are at it again. Now, its the Internet Tax.

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...e-internet-tax
    Yea.. this one is rich.
  15. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Maybe you should actually read what General Petraeus says....and look at the actual numbers.


    But that would ruin MSNBC's talking points....
    Considering I dont spend any time with MSNBC, your argument is already flawed.

    To objectively look at the war, lets look at the economy of it as well. Or would fox news not approve?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  16. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Wow, a bit extreme no? Kinda funny coming out of the Bush administration where our money went to a war that has worked out so well
    Word, I agree with you, the war was a mistake from the beginning. But less than 5% of our GDP has gone to fund this illegal war.

    The economy isn't so hot due to numerous reasons, not just the war. But Bush really has ****ed up the conservative name.

    I don't like McCain or Obama.
  17. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Who knows how this will turn out but I don't plan on it getting better before it gets worse.
  18. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Word, I agree with you, the war was a mistake from the beginning. But less than 5% of our GDP has gone to fund this illegal war.

    The economy isn't so hot due to numerous reasons, not just the war. But Bush really has ****ed up the conservative name.

    I don't like McCain or Obama.
    agreed 100%
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Considering I dont spend any time with MSNBC, your argument is already flawed.

    To objectively look at the war, lets look at the economy of it as well. Or would fox news not approve?


    I could care less if you think my argument is flawed or not...and yeah...I'm sure you never watch it. You are the one that started talking about credibility when it comes to news organizations without looking a the actual facts.

    If you want to talk about the economy of it all, go right ahead because I will then show you just how completely unrelated they are and where exactly that money we are spending would have gone. Here is a hint..it certainly isn't you and it certainly wouldn't be in infrastructure.

    Its funny you want to bring up the economy when in 2003-2005 when the war was at its worst, we show 3-5% GDP growth. It was booming. What our government spends means jack **** on the health of our economy. The housing bust that is basically bringing us down has jack **** to do with the war. It has to do with regulations back in the 90's. The price of oil has the same baked in price it did back in the 90's when guess what...their was instability in the middle east. Its called China, India and the rest of Asia coming out of the 5th century.

    The biggest increase in oil was in the last 2 years. Guess who ran Congress then. Democrats. Is it their fault? No...its called the free market and they have jack **** to do with any of it unless they actually want to regulate and price control.


    So please, talk about the economy of it...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  20. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Word, I agree with you, the war was a mistake from the beginning. But less than 5% of our GDP has gone to fund this illegal war.

    The economy isn't so hot due to numerous reasons, not just the war. But Bush really has ****ed up the conservative name.

    I don't like McCain or Obama.
    I also concur, however... how do you consider it illegal?


    Also do you notice people tend to always point out fox news in some sly remark to point out the right leaning stance of many of the shows/hosts etc. I always find this amazing considering almost every other network is leans way to the left.
  21. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    I could care less if you think my argument is flawed or not...and yeah...I'm sure you never watch it. You are the one that started talking about credibility when it comes to news organizations without looking a the actual facts.

    If you want to talk about the economy of it all, go right ahead because I will then show you just how completely unrelated they are and where exactly that money we are spending would have gone. Here is a hint..it certainly isn't you and it certainly wouldn't be in infrastructure.

    Its funny you want to bring up the economy when in 2003-2005 when the war was at its worst, we show 3-5% GDP growth. It was booming. What our government spends means jack **** on the health of our economy. The housing bust that is basically bringing us down has jack **** to do with the war. It has to do with regulations back in the 90's. The price of oil has the same baked in price it did back in the 90's when guess what...their was instability in the middle east. Its called China, India and the rest of Asia coming out of the 5th century.

    The biggest increase in oil was in the last 2 years. Guess who ran Congress then. Democrats. Is it their fault? No...its called the free market and they have jack **** to do with any of it unless they actually want to regulate and price control.


    So please, talk about the economy of it...
    I will say one name Chuck Hagel. Go see his powerpoint about the expenses of the war.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  22. Senior Member
    Nabisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    681

    Reputation

    The war isn't illegal. It was sanctioned both by your President and your Congress. Therefore in every form of American law, it's legal.

    Saying that it's illegal is completely untrue, but feel free to continue to spread untruths.
  23. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    The war isn't illegal. It was sanctioned both by your President and your Congress. Therefore in every form of American law, it's legal.

    Saying that it's illegal is completely untrue, but feel free to continue to spread untruths.
    I had someone tell me that the war was illegal once because the UN didnt authorize it. lol

    The good ol UN, probably the most corrupt organization out there. I'd love if we pulled out of it.
  24. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    we will need the right leadership to get out of the war, but you can forget about leaving the un, we need it to look good especially when we dont abide by it
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  25. Advanced Member
    Dadof2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    413

    Reputation

    This election truly stinks. You can either go with a left wing candidate who wants to continue a war that we shouldn't be in, or a more extreme left wing candidate who would be more at home in a room full of communist than a room full of libertarians.

    The two party system has to go. Either we ditch it or kiss our freedom goodbye.
  26. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I will say one name Chuck Hagel. Go see his powerpoint about the expenses of the war.

    I don't' need a politician to tell me about economics. If our Senators knew anything about economics, we wouldn't be in this situation.

    Stop listening to politicians talking points and figure it out for yourself. You'll find the truth somewhere in between and pretty much boring when it comes to politics.

    Chuck Hagel, Congress and your President don't make monetary policy but they sure could sell you the idea that they do.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  27. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post

    Also do you notice people tend to always point out fox news in some sly remark to point out the right leaning stance of many of the shows/hosts etc. I always find this amazing considering almost every other network is leans way to the left.


    You think? You mean to tell me they haven't been pushing the liberal candidate? No way....they would NEVER do that!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  28. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    221

    Reputation

    Republicans are NOT good for the economy EVER! Anyone who argues this statement doesn't understand what the party actually stands for!!!! So vote Democrat or watch the economy get worse because McCain feels that everything is fine and the economy will take care of itself, this Lazze Faire attitude is not what this country needs after eight years of abuse by the Republican party. (NAFTA, Big Oil, and Corporate interests) have corrupted our politicians (majority of whom are Republican). I am normally independent on most issues because I am in the middle on most issues, but the most important issue right now is the economy so VOTE Democrat because to vote independent is a waste of a vote.
  29. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    655

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Republicans are NOT good for the economy EVER! Anyone who argues this statement doesn't understand what the party actually stands for!!!! So vote Democrat or watch the economy get worse because McCain feels that everything is fine and the economy will take care of itself, this Lazze Faire attitude is not what this country needs after eight years of abuse by the Republican party. (NAFTA, Big Oil, and Corporate interests) have corrupted our politicians (majority of whom are Republican). I am normally independent on most issues because I am in the middle on most issues, but the most important issue right now is the economy so VOTE Democrat because to vote independent is a waste of a vote.
    Everyone listen to blanket statement man!!!
  30. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    221

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Everyone listen to blanket statement man!!!

    Hey man its all true, and I didn't just figure this out during the last few months of campaigning. Many economics classes on the transcript so I do know a thing or two about the subject. Not trying to be cocky but that "blanket statement" is unfortunately a correct summary of the current situation.
  31. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27396

    Reputation

    I agree with the Soup Nazi.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  32. New Member
    bigirish4life's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    I hate both candidates, personally I was pulling for Romney. I think with his experience he would be the best qualified to improve the economy, This is after all why Massachuesetts elected him Governor, a true conservative elected gov in the most liberal of liberal places? They saw what he did with Utah with his economic changes and how he pulled off teh olympics. Romney knows what he is doing. We have an inexperienced, dangerous socialist and a frail republican that shows no similarities to a true conservative, as he claims to be, this is truly a sad election.
  33. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    The war isn't illegal. It was sanctioned both by your President and your Congress. Therefore in every form of American law, it's legal.

    Saying that it's illegal is completely untrue, but feel free to continue to spread untruths.
    I know it was completely legal, but I just felt like throwing that word in there because it's a lost cause for a war. I don't think the majority of people give a **** whether the ME is stable at all. I sure as hell don't. IMO, let them kill themselves off and fight to the death, how it's always been in that ****hole called the Middle East.
  34. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Republicans are NOT good for the economy EVER! Anyone who argues this statement doesn't understand what the party actually stands for!!!! So vote Democrat or watch the economy get worse because McCain feels that everything is fine and the economy will take care of itself, this Lazze Faire attitude is not what this country needs after eight years of abuse by the Republican party. (NAFTA, Big Oil, and Corporate interests) have corrupted our politicians (majority of whom are Republican). I am normally independent on most issues because I am in the middle on most issues, but the most important issue right now is the economy so VOTE Democrat because to vote independent is a waste of a vote.

    You couldn't be more wrong.

    1. NAFTA was the Clintons.

    2. Big Oil? That's been around for 80 years under both parties. Tell me what the Democrats have done to stop them. Nothing. We've had the biggest increase in oil and gas in the last 2 years. Guess who's controlled Congress? Democrats.

    3. Corporate Interest? We have the second highest tax corporate rate IN THE WORLD.

    Please tell the University economics professor to stop teaching based on ideology and more on facts because in reality a Republican or Democratic administration has almost no say on how the actual economy runs.

    Monetary policy is set by the fed which remains relatively intact no mater who is in office. Greenspan set policy for Reagan, Bush AND Clinton.

    The global market doesnt run based off our 4 year elections.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  35. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    I don't' need a politician to tell me about economics. If our Senators knew anything about economics, we wouldn't be in this situation.

    Stop listening to politicians talking points and figure it out for yourself. You'll find the truth somewhere in between and pretty much boring when it comes to politics.

    Chuck Hagel, Congress and your President don't make monetary policy but they sure could sell you the idea that they do.
    trust me, I am not saying anything about economic policy whatsoever, I was just addressing to you what Hagel said about the costs of war <this one specifically>
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  36. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    trust me, I am not saying anything about economic policy whatsoever, I was just addressing to you what Hagel said about the costs of war <this one specifically>
    That's fine. Its makes for great political theatre to throw around how much money is spent when in reality the everyday public would never see a penny of it anyway.

    They do the same with deficits.....did peoples lives change dramatically from 1991-2001 where the deficits fluctuated wildy? No. The big talk back then was balancing the budget because future generations will have to pay. Sound familiar? Did it really effect people actual lives? No.

    They do the same with oil companies...the big bad oil companies making record profits without mentioning their margins are down. They make record profits because Americans want to have SUV's...but you can't tell them that its their fault. The American public doesn't want to take responsibility when they have the big evil government to blame.

    Its the same old story...you want to get elected? Pitch the rich against the poor. Play on the emotions of what you don't have vs those that have it.

    In the end will your lives be that much better with Obama or McCain? No.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  37. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.

    1. NAFTA was the Clintons.

    2. Big Oil? That's been around for 80 years under both parties. Tell me what the Democrats have done to stop them. Nothing. We've had the biggest increase in oil and gas in the last 2 years. Guess who's controlled Congress? Democrats.

    3. Corporate Interest? We have the second highest tax corporate rate IN THE WORLD.

    Please tell the University economics professor to stop teaching based on ideology and more on facts because in reality a Republican or Democratic administration has almost no say on how the actual economy runs.

    Monetary policy is set by the fed which remains relatively intact no mater who is in office. Greenspan set policy for Reagan, Bush AND Clinton.

    The global market doesnt run based off our 4 year elections.
    Word. And 'word' to your next post, also. Well said.
  38. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post

    In the end will your lives be that much better with Obama or McCain? No.
    I could not agree more here. I think neither of the candidates are worth a cent in the big picture, nor did I think many out there were that good. They are all so tied into their special interests
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  39. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Please tell the University economics professor to stop teaching based on ideology and more on facts because in reality a Republican or Democratic administration has almost no say on how the actual economy runs.
    I have agreed with everything you've said so far, but wouldn't democrats raising taxes negatively impact how the economy runs?
  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I have agreed with everything you've said so far, but wouldn't democrats raising taxes negatively impact how the economy runs?
    Not really. Clinton had one of the largest tax increases in history and we we're fine. You can easily mask numbers by taxing then spending. As long as spending it kept up at the same rate, you bascually offset the lose in personal consumption.

    ..but then you ask the question...do you want to spend the money..or do you want your government too?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
  2. almost ready
    By jmoney02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
  3. Am I ready?
    By gdbear65 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
  4. Replies: 122
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
  5. is the LR3 IGF-1 ready to go
    By WATERLOGGED in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in