bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Obama Ran Before He Crawled
Burt Prelutsky
Monday, May 19, 2008

Barack Obama insisted that he was going to be the post-racial presidential candidate, the man who was going to bring us all together and make us forget our racial differences. It’s funny how that worked out. I guess he forgot to mention his master plan to his nearest and dearest.

First, let us consider his wife, Michelle. If she is, as they say, his better half, I’d sure hate to see his other half. What’s with the Democrats, anyway? It’s bad enough that they keep coming up with creepy candidates for president, but look at their idea of a first lady. Hillary Clinton, Teresa Heinz-Kerry and Michelle Obama, remind me of the three witches in “Macbeth,” but without their cooking skills. As awful as the other two ladies were, when it comes to sheer nastiness and bitterness, they couldn’t hold a candle to Mrs. Obama, although one would be sorely tempted to try.

First, we had to listen to Michelle admit that she’s never been proud to be an American until her hubby deigned to throw his hat in the ring. Then, recently, I heard this beneficiary of affirmative action give a speech in which she was griping that she and Barack had to pay back their college loans. Seven years at Ivy League schools and this woman still doesn’t know how to spell gratitude. A guilt-stricken white society paved the way for her to go to Princeton and Harvard Law, which inevitably led to her getting a job that paid her several hundred thousand dollars a year, and this ingrate is *****ing about having to pay back a loan.

The other good-for-nothing with close ties to Obama is Rev. Jeremiah Wright. For over 20 years, Obama sat in the guy’s church and had him in his home, and somehow never once heard him utter a single objectionable word. Then, when the rest of us began hearing some of those words, Obama dismissed them as sound bites taken out of context. I kept asking myself what particular context could justify saying that America deserved to be damned, that 9/11 was nothing more than our chickens coming home to roost, and that our government had invented AIDS as a way to exterminate blacks. Needless to say, I couldn’t come up with an answer. For his part, Obama didn’t even try. In a speech that nincompoops compared favorably to the Gettysburg Address, the best he could do was patronize his minister by saying that because Wright was of an earlier generation, we all had to understand where he was coming from. As I recall, he compared the racism of his black pastor to that of his white grandmother. Some cynics suggested that this fellow who was going to bring us all together apparently wasn’t above throwing Granny under the bus.

Then, a scant six weeks later, when Wright pretty much repeated those same “out of context” words to the NAACP and the Washington Press Club, suddenly his surrogate son took umbrage. In other words, it was one thing when Obama’s spiritual advisor spewed his hatred of America, white people in general and white Christians in particular, for two decades, while the Obamas sopped it up like so much gravy, but quite another when those benign little sound bites started cutting into Obama’s polling numbers. Then, in the blink of an eye, Obama was all ears…and, whoops, another disposable old party got tossed under the bus.

Obviously, for the true believers in our midst, none of this matters. For them, Obama is the answer to a prayer. For millions of black voters, he is the Second Coming. For millions of white voters, he provides an easy way to prove how broad-minded, how decent, how truly superior they are.

The plain truth of the matter is that, perhaps for the first and only time in her life, Geraldine Ferraro, who wound up under a bus of her own, was right when she said that Obama is where he is because he’s black. Or do you really think that if he were a white man who had attended a racist church five times longer than he’s been in the U.S. Senate, was friends with an unrepentant bomb-throwing terrorist and was married to a woman who openly despises this country, he would have a snowball’s chance in Hell of being his party’s standard bearer?

Anybody who’s convinced that Barack Obama belongs in the White House, except as part of a tour group, is the same sort of twit who actually believes that Jimmy Carter is a living saint and that Hillary Clinton is the smartest woman in America. In other words, a liberal.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Little too much bias in this for me, kinda turns me off. However, every bit of this is so true. This guy scares the living sh*t out of me. And I am in disbelief that America will actually elect this guy.

B

bigirish4life

Awards
I lose sleep thinking of Obama as president, I dont like McCAIN, but his wife is a living saint she could help win the election for him. She does relief work all over the world, and no one says anything of it. McCain may not be a true conservative but I respect his wife and hold her in the highest regard

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Character assassination is alive and well - where'd you pick that up, Worldnet?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Character assassination is alive and well - where'd you pick that up, Worldnet?
As opposed to pointing out which facts you disagree with in the article, your response is brilliant!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I think we need a major, major change in this country. The system were using now is severely broken and I just look at McCain as going with the flow and not even trying to attempt to go against the grain which is what we need. Therefore Obama gets my vote as I believe he will shake things up which to be honest sure as hell can't make this country any worse of then it is right now.

To be honest I wish Ron Paul didn't get discarded and shut out of the race.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I think we need a major, major change in this country. The system were using now is severely broken and I just look at McCain as going with the flow and not even trying to attempt to go against the grain which is what we need. Therefore Obama gets my vote as I believe he will shake things up which to be honest sure as hell can't make this country any worse of then it is right now.

To be honest I wish Ron Paul didn't get discarded and shut out of the race.
Shake things up how? You mean like Jimmy Carter did? Obama has no new ideas, they are the same old left wing ideas that flourished in the 60's. Which one of those ideas worked out for change for the better?

Why don't they learn anything from failed liberal policies? Because there is nothing underpinning them other than feelings and so even when they don't work, their good intentions are treated, by other liberals at least, as more important than the results of their actions.

Just to name one example of many, look at Vietnam. South Vietnam was policing its own country and holding off aggression from the North with the help of the United States. But, people get hurt in wars, so wars are bad. As a result of thinking that went no deeper than that, liberals in Congress cut off the aid and air support we promised the South Vietnamese. The result?

The conquest of South Vietnam, a holocaust in Cambodia, millions dead and in prison camps, another million boat people, a crisis of confidence in America, and our country's reputation around the world was left in tatters, which led to a revolution in Nicaragua, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and a lack of faith in the U.S. military which wasn't truly restored until Operation Desert Storm.

But, this isn't just about foreign policy. Look at Lyndon Johnson's "war on poverty," which did nothing to reduce the poverty rate despite the trillions that were spent; however, it did help drive the illegitimacy rate among black Americans from 22 percent in 1960 to 70% in 2005.

You could go on and on with these sort of examples -- rent control, which causes housing shortages, the minimum wage, which costs poor people jobs, the liberal insistence on putting “making nice at the U.N.” above looking out for American interests. That's what happens when you make decisions based on emotion and wanting people to like you, rather than using logic and doing the right thing.

Unlike liberals, conservatives tend to be primarily concerned with pragmatism, not niceties. This is one of the biggest reasons that conservatives have such a healthy respect for the traditions and institutions that have been proven to work over time and such contempt for those that don't, like the United Nations and the federal government.

Does that mean conservatives are opposed to change? No, not at all, but there is a great reluctance to tinker with ideas and concepts that have proven successful time and time again throughout history, because the more they’re changed, the more likely they are not to work.

It takes a lot more integrity, character, and courage to be a conservative than it does to be a liberal. That's because at its most basic level, liberalism is nothing more than childlike emotionalism applied to adult issues.

Going to war is mean, so we shouldn't do it. That person is poor and it would be nice to give him money, so the government should do it. Somebody wants to have an abortion, have a gay marriage, or wants to come into the U.S. illegally and it would be mean to say, "no," so we should let them. I am nice because I care about global warming! Those people want to kill us? But, don't they know we're nice? If they did, they would like us! Bill has more toys, money than Harry, so take half of Bill's money and give it to Harry.

The only exception to this rule is for people who aren't liberals. They're racists, bigots, homophobes, Nazis, fascists, etc., etc., etc. They might as well just say that conservatives have "cooties" for disagreeing with them, because there really isn't any more thought or reasoning that goes into it than that.