Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So who do you guys think? Here are my thoughts:

McCain:
Huckabee, Rice or Crist

Obama:
Clinton, Richardson, or Hagel (yes this is a rumor I keep hearing)

What do you guys think?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
McCain-Huckabee, Powell, or Giuliani

Obama-Edwards, Richardson, or Hagel

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I doubt many Obama supporters would welcome the addition of Clinton to the ticket, so I am a doubter of that scenerio. Edwards or Richardson seem like the safe bet IMHO. Hagel is a long shot, but that would substantiate the message of change by having a Republican on the ticket. If McCain puts Huckabee on the ticket, its just to appease the conservatives. Powell or Giuliani would alienate the conservatives, but they'd appease the moderates. I'm still undecided as an independent, but I'm leaning more towards McCain and whoever he picks.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Huckabee would be a good choice for conservatives but bad if he wants the independent vote. For Obama I think it might be Richardson as he does have some foreign policy experience and is a more seasoned politician. However, I really think Hagel would be shocking and could snare some in the middle voters

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Huckabee is a psychopath. He believes that the earth is only 6,000 years old.

Richardson believes he is a demigod. He has no common sense, he would be just as happy as a movie star.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
McCain - no idea. Depends if he wants to appease the conservatives or stay moderate/independent.

Obama - I have a sneaking suspicion that he goes female...and no, not Clinton. Claire McCaskill or Kathleen Sebelius (Gov of Kansas) would be a good way to go. I doubt Edwards, he's even more left than Obama so it won't help..and NC is already in play without him so where's the value added? Clinton would help win the election but then what? Richardson has disappointed me greatly; he acts like someone who wants to sell his movie rights.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
My gut tells me that Obama will draw a VP from either Penn. or Ohio. For the general election, this could be the deciding factor.

McCain needs to be very careful. I am pretty sure he will end up selecting a conservative to try and unite the Republican party, but he needs to do something to separate himself from being "Bush's 3rd term".

Should be interesting....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep hearing that Obama could be looking at Strickland from Ohio, just to do as you said Blackjack. Hoping to pull in a swing state.

for the same reason McCain and Crist. Man there could be a typo with that last name. <Mccain and Christ> What a sign that would make

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing that Obama could be looking at Strickland from Ohio, just to do as you said Blackjack. Hoping to pull in a swing state.
This is the first I've heard of this rumor, but it sure makes a lot of sense, so i doubt it will be last. Selecting a Gov. from a swing state would be a great move. The main question, if he selects a man, is how will the women who supported Clinton react...do they come out and vote or stay home? It will be much harder for Obama to heal this wound than it will getting the blue collar voters.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the first I've heard of this rumor, but it sure makes a lot of sense, so i doubt it will be last. Selecting a Gov. from a swing state would be a great move. The main question, if he selects a man, is how will the women who supported Clinton react...do they come out and vote or stay home? It will be much harder for Obama to heal this wound than it will getting the blue collar voters.
agreed, that is why I have also heard the gov. of kansas is an option as well

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats where I hope that somehow mccain can declare his VP candidate after the democrats. If he selects a man, then definitely McCain needs a female VP candidate. Maybe Rice, maybe someone else.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats where I hope that somehow mccain can declare his VP candidate after the democrats. If he selects a man, then definitely McCain needs a female VP candidate. Maybe Rice, maybe someone else.
both Obama and Mccain have very specific needs, b/c alot of indys wont go with Rice due to ties to the Bush admin, and want a younger moderate conservative. I think if he chooses Huckabee he is screwed.

Obama needs someone experienced who is more moderate to get the indys, and a woman would be the best option for him IMO, but I could see Strickland as Ohio is huge for him

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If only there was a republican black female handicapped veteran governor, then mccain would have it locked :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If only there was a republican black female handicapped veteran governor, then mccain would have it locked :D
I love that idea, maybe condi becomes a gov. quick and fudges a war record :woohoo:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think between the 2, mccain will have a much harder time finding a really good VP candidate. Lieberman would almost be interesting from the cross party lines sort of thing to alot of the independents, but would alienate a lot of the republican base.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think between the 2, mccain will have a much harder time finding a really good VP candidate. Lieberman would almost be interesting from the cross party lines sort of thing to alot of the independents, but would alienate a lot of the republican base.
Rice would probably make the best VP of any Republican pick, but not the best candidate to have on your ticket. Colin Powell would be an unstoppable force if he was part of the ticket, I would bet he could beat Obama/Clinton on his own. However, I doubt he would run. Still, he has distanced himself from GW Bush, publicly criticized the war, openly discouraged an invasion of Iraq in the first place to GHW Bush when we were involved in the first Gulf War, and is a much repsected military figure and is well versed in foreign policy. Other than those two choices, McCain has trouble, my bet is he'll go with Crist and take Florida.

Obama should look to the swing states as posted ealier. Ed Rendell from PA is a solid choice, former DA and mayor of Philly will bring in tons of votes. Except he supports Clinton and handed over the state to her in the primary. If Clinton pulls off a miracle, maybe Rendell gets the nod.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, not sure that powell would go for it, but we are talking mccain so maybe. they align a good bit closer than powell + bush. that would be hot, but I think the age is also a problem. With powell being the same age as mccain its extra touchy. having a pres + vp both over 70 is a little worrisome.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Powell is a victory for McCain, but I doubt he would do it. He doesnt want to be an accident away from the office. I think both go swing states

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Powell is a victory for McCain, but I doubt he would do it. He doesnt want to be an accident away from the office. I think both go swing states
I dount Powell would sign on as well. I still think Crist is the man for McCain. Florida is an important state, ask Al Gore, and Crist is pretty moderate yet he is tied into the whole Jeb Bush conservative base as well. If GW wasn't so unpopular, Jeb would have been the ultimate VP pick. Super popular in Florida and way conservative.

I think Obama is ready to stick the fork in Hillary, she is done. Unfortnately for him, he may end up with her as VP, since I can't see how he will win over her voters any other way. I can see PA, Ohio, Kentucky, New York, etc all going to McCain if even half of Hillary's voters switch sides.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did hear that Mccain is meeting with Crist, Jindal and ROmney this weekend

donnyblaze1

donnyblaze1

Awards
I think McCain will end up going with Romney. Romney came out last week and said he'd love the job, and the two have made several joint appearances in the past month. I think Rice would be a better choice, but from where I sit I think the writing is on the wall. Romney will shore up McCain's lacking conservative credentials, just not as well as Rice IMHO.

As far as dems go...I think we will be looking at Obama/Edwards. Edwards officially endorsed Obama last week, meaning that his previously pledged delegates (115 or so) will now go Obama's way. Smells like a back room deal to me. Edwards is also safe...a well-known white Christian will help Obama shore up votes that he is losing to Hillary now (white working-class and less educated dems).

My $.02, but whichever way this all goes, I think its entertaining as hell this time around!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I did hear that Mccain is meeting with Crist, Jindal and ROmney this weekend
A McCain/Jindal combination would be unstoppable IMHO. I would really hate to see our governor taken away to the White House, but Jindal would make a strong VP.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only issue with Jindal is his age <36>. they wont be able to use the lack of experience card with Obama any more, especially with the cancer concerns and age concerns with McCain.

I am starting to lean towards Romney or Crist, with Crist being the greater possibility. If it were Romney I would probably vote for McCain/Romney over Obama/Clinton, as I am a Romney supporter

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
If the republican party would like to win.. they must add a conservative to the ticket... as of now, the most conservative person running.. dare i say it. is hillary

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If the republican party would like to win.. they must add a conservative to the ticket... as of now, the most conservative person running.. dare i say it. is hillary
Which is why the GOP would rather go against Obama than Clinton. McCain should attract the majority of Hillary voters, especially if he has a female running mate (Condi). I also heard over the weekend that General Petraus, the best thing for the government in the Iraq war, is being looked at for VP by McCain. He is widely viewed as a savior in Iraq and would attract a huge segment of the vote. He has been praised by both sides of Congress for installing his plans and making them work. IMO, he would be hard to beat.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well as it stands right now it looks like GOvernor TOm Kaine of Virginia is going to be Obama's running mate. I dont think this addresses the needs of the Obama campaign the way a Joe Biden or Evan Bayh or even Kathleen Sebelius, but that is the strongest rumor out there.

The biggest rumor out of the Mccain camp has been Bob Portman I believe.

Not 2 inspiring choices

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
A McCain/Jindal combination would be unstoppable IMHO. I would really hate to see our governor taken away to the White House, but Jindal would make a strong VP.
Jindal is an Intelligent Design Nut...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Jindal is an Intelligent Design Nut...
As is almost half of the US population and most don't find it relevant to politics.

Perhaps you could expound your point and enlighten us as to what this has to do with a VP candidate.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a lot of people look at intelligent design as a very flawed thought, and in essence view those who are in favor of it or support it as possibly allowing their religion to play a role in their way to govern. Right or wrong, but I believe thats part of the problem

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
intelligent design is silly on its surface, however believing that by itself doesn't affect my feeling on a candidate. I mean who gives a crap about how xxx came into being and whether it was 6,000 or 60 million years ago? Seriously, to hell with whether an alligator is a vestige of evolution, or a piece of intelligent design. It doesn't affect my tax rate.

preserving rights, enforcing laws, ensuring democracy etc arent affected by that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont disagree, however when someone says the earth is 6000 years old, when we can date ealry civilizations before that, it makes them look foolish.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that saying "universal healthcare is a good thing" makes a candidate look foolish :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that saying "universal healthcare is a good thing" makes a candidate look foolish :)
I think there are many things the candidates say that make them look foolish, infact most things out of the mouths of Obama and McCain are downright nonsensical:thumbsup:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
with a decision looming this week, most sources close to Obama say it is Joe Biden from De. That makes me quite happy. I was a huge Bbiden fan when he was running for president, which seemingly lasted all of 6 minutes.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
with a decision looming this week, most sources close to Obama say it is Joe Biden from De. That makes me quite happy. I was a huge Bbiden fan when he was running for president, which seemingly lasted all of 6 minutes.
If Biden ends up his running mate, then I believe the majority of support on the bodybuilding forums will shift towards McCain, due to Biden being behind the 2004 ban.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Biden ends up his running mate, then I believe the majority of support on the bodybuilding forums will shift towards McCain, due to Biden being behind the 2004 ban.
luckily for Obama/Biden, the BB community is not a key demographic. Also, the MMA community will be behind Obama since McCain's tirade against MMA.

Either way, I think it would be a solid choice, especially if McCain picks Ridge, who most think would anger many conservatives due to being prochoice

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
It's gonna be Biden. Shitty for dems; Biden has ridiculed Obamas policies almost as much as anyone.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
luckily for Obama/Biden, the BB community is not a key demographic. Also, the MMA community will be behind Obama since McCain's tirade against MMA.
McCains comments were from before the rules changes and weight classes. Now that MMA is sanctioned and regulated his stance has softened.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's gonna be Biden. Shitty for dems; Biden has ridiculed Obamas policies almost as much as anyone.
the repubs will suffer the same, if not worse when/if Romney is picked.

also, (I am a huge Biden fan) his stance had softened going back months. I think he addresses a lot of needs, and really appeals to the working class

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
What better way for Obama to show he is open-minded, will listen to constructive criticism, and not hold a grudge. He's a good pick.

the repubs will suffer the same, if not worse when/if Romney is picked.

also, (I am a huge Biden fan) his stance had softened going back months. I think he addresses a lot of needs, and really appeals to the working class

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What better way for Obama to show he is open-minded, will listen to constructive criticism, and not hold a grudge. He's a good pick.
agreed, he is a good pick who will help. I am looking forward to the VP debates especially if it is Biden v. Romney. Those will be fireworks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm so glad it wasn't hillary. Gives mccain a better chance

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am happy it was not Hillary, her name will be heard for other positions in the government. On CNN they were talking about the Supreme Court. I could not imagine the Republican response should this happen.

The funniest thing to me is that if it is Biden and Romney as VP's, to me they are more qualified at the top of the ticket.

I still think the addition of Biden will be very beneficial, especially in the role of attack dog.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm less than sure that he will pick romney. Lieberman would be a very very interesting choice.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I'm less than sure that he will pick romney. Lieberman would be a very very interesting choice.
McCain needs a VP that will take focus off the fact that he's an old white guy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, but with lieberman in place he can sort of turn the table on obama "Do you want more of the same partisan bickering, a congress who goes home on vacation without passing any bills, or do you want a president who can reach across party lines line ronald reagan?" and paint obama to be more of the same.

its a pity mccain couldnt get oprah as his running mate

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the ads start :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8"]YouTube - Joe Biden On Barack Obama[/ame]

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt McCain will pick Romney or Liberman. My money is on Pawlenty.