What's your position on gun rights? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

What's your position on gun rights?

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. Professional Member

"What's your position on gun rights?"

I think guns should have rights too. Gun are people too... just like soylent green.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Holy crap that gun is freakin amazing...........i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't want to have a go of that thing. Looks a little impracticle though with that round thing in the middle.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Just two weeks ago, we had to write an entire paper on whether or not we favor guns on campus -- 38 out of 40 people would support a bill legalizing firearms to be carried on campus! Just an interesting perspective from younger citizens.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    this is an interesting argument, as both sides can make valid points. However if we look at it directly from a constitutional perspective then unless you are a part of a "well regulated militia" you do not have the right to keep and bear arms.
    Just read the first page, so I'm not sure if this was entirely discussed, but if you would read the second amendment, it would clearly tell you that the right to bear arms is for both a militia AND the right of the people. See for yourself

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    I am for gun control essentially the way it is currently. Felons should not be able to own guns, along with mentally ill persons, and persons under the set age of 21 for handguns and 18 for long guns.

I am for the right to own an automatic weapon, provided it is done in a way much like getting a class 3 weapon currently (long background check, approval from sheriff in your county, etc).

I am for CCW on campuses provided they have gone through the process to legally carry on campus.

Keep this in mind, the only thing laws stop are LAW ABIDING citizens, NOT the criminals.

Most law enforcement officers also have the same opinion on this matter as described by me above.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Also, to the persons saying it should not be allowed to own certain "heavy" arms, why not? You can drive a car with 1000+hp or to keep things simple you can choose a v8 over a 4 cylinder. You don't HAVE to have the v8, but some may like it. Different toys for different boys. Doesn't make it illegal, maybe excessive, but not illegal.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Yes, but (god forbid) i'd rather have someone "out of control" with a semi-automatic weapon than a full auto...

MB
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

Similar Forum Threads

1. Philadelphia Eagles Position by Position breakdown
    By R1balla in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. hand position on bench
    By Young Gotti in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
  3. Resigning from my position at Molecular Nutrition
    By Aeternitatis in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 09:44 AM
  4. BB rows....hand position
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 08:41 PM
  5. Arm position ..... Not sure if I should post this here or not ..
    By Stinger124 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 10:05 PM