Poll: Who will be the next president after Bush ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Who will be the next president ?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Should be Ron Paul IMO
    I agree, but many of his policies would never have passed. The time of less government has passed. The government has gotten too big, and many Americans believe government is the solution to all of the world's problems, when in fact government is typically the cause of many of the problems we face in this world.

2. couldnt agree more
    •   

3. McCain will win. Simple as that. Just wait and see...

4. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I agree, but many of his policies would never have passed. The time of less government has passed. The government has gotten too big, and many Americans believe government is the solution to all of the world's problems, when in fact government is typically the cause of many of the problems we face in this world.
    <-- registered libertarian

5. I liken voting to buying tobacco.....

Sure there are different flavors, colors or exteriors, backgrounds, more or less amounts of processing....

In the end all you get is crap, your dependance to the system and limited options severly limit finding anything good. Marketing is the winning approach noone buys great smokes theyve never heard of, they buy the whatever they find to be thier flavor or who has the greatest funded marketing campain.

Mccain being a POW gives me some hope for a mortal man with errors and ommisions, who makes a mistake in judgement or in a speech periodically. But who generally will use his every ability to serve his people to the best of his ability. I fear such a man over time could be weakedn by pressure and influence during a term. I am glad to see mccains 28% (correct?) yearly income contributions go to charities. I think we live in a society that has become so de-sensitised to war death, sex, violence, drugs, dispair and obesity that if a wonderful person came along and ran for office they would be an oddball lost in the fray unable to fill voters expectations of what politicians are. Not to mention campains arent typically easily funded and youd need to have your face every place you can to appeal to the many voters who need to warm up to you before they will choose you regaurless of credetials its been proven. PS dimples and smirks help ala bush, clinton and harper.

Similar Forum Threads

1. President's Day
    By The Neck in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
  2. Who will be the next President of USA?
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
  3. Could a guy like this become President?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Politics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 06:21 PM