Poll: Who will be the next president after Bush ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Who will be the next president ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    How about serious, very illicit recreatuinal drug use. I remeber the big deal made about Bill Clinton and his admitted 'trying but not inhaling' of marijuana. Obama admits in his autobiography to using marijuana and cocaine, and not as a one time thing either. I somehow doubt mainstream America is ready for that. It's not quite as easy to overlook as Arnold's use of steroids, which were not illegal at the time. Politicians and the media aside, not many people care about steroids.
    I think it's the whole idea of the the war against drugs, and what they say we can and can't put in our bodies.


  2. I couldn't care less what drugs Obama used. In fact, him using those drugs opened him up to another subculture, and he probably learned from his experiences, which almost always is a positive thing. I think all drugs should be legalized and let the idiots who can't control themselves OD and die off. But that's for another discussion.

    Now Obama places himself above those in PA because they cling to guns and religion. I can imagine in a century from now, if things keep going the way they are moving, complete gun control, banning of handguns in 45 states, limited numbers of bullets one can buy in a set period of time, and 80% taxes. Whose with me?!?! Come on, we all know high taxes is a great thing for this country!!!!

  3. How about serious, very illicit recreatuinal drug use. I remeber the big deal made about Bill Clinton and his admitted 'trying but not inhaling' of marijuana. Obama admits in his autobiography to using marijuana and cocaine, and not as a one time thing either. I somehow doubt mainstream America is ready for that. It's not quite as easy to overlook as Arnold's use of steroids, which were not illegal at the time. Politicians and the media aside, not many people care about steroids.
    It's true - rec drugs are villified in the public conscious far more than steroids for the most part. Marijuana seems to be (slightly) less so than it was in the 1980's and 1990's, but its still canon fodder for a media smear campaign.

    I think it's the whole idea of the the war against drugs, and what they say we can and can't put in our bodies.
    Yes, its total BS. And yet, as someone who claims to have used drugs in the past and claims to be a champion for those affected by poor policy in this country, he fully supports the 'War on Drugs' and even plans on dumping more money into this pathetic criminal violation of the Constitution:

    http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_...eans_needs_is_

    This is one of the biggest, most undervalued, indicators of a person's character there is.

    For the most part, we are the company we keep
    That's the damn truth.

    bv
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I couldn't care less what drugs Obama used. In fact, him using those drugs opened him up to another subculture, and he probably learned from his experiences, which almost always is a positive thing. I think all drugs should be legalized and let the idiots who can't control themselves OD and die off. But that's for another discussion.
    I don't personally care about the drug issue either, but mainstream America is gonna get this story:

    When McCain was a young man he was fighting for his country in Vietnam, being held as a POW, and never giving in to despair while being tortured to betray his country..

    When Obama was a young man, he lost heart in the system and turned to drugs...

    Who is America going to embrace???

    Drug use is the least of my concerns, Obama's stance on guns, taxes, and just about every other policy is what repels me. However, wait and see what hits the front pages.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I don't personally care about the drug issue either, but mainstream America is gonna get this story:

    When McCain was a young man he was fighting for his country in Vietnam, being held as a POW, and never giving in to despair while being tortured to betray his country..

    When Obama was a young man, he lost heart in the system and turned to drugs...

    Who is America going to embrace???

    Drug use is the least of my concerns, Obama's stance on guns, taxes, and just about every other policy is what repels me. However, wait and see what hits the front pages.

    I'm not thrilled with any canidate choice, but it's not about who you were, it's about who you are....now. Everything does stupid things when they are young.

    IMO paying taxes doesn't bother me as long as they are going to be used for americans....in america, for legit reasons, infrastructure, even welfare if a person works full time but still has trouble.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I don't personally care about the drug issue either, but mainstream America is gonna get this story:

    When McCain was a young man he was fighting for his country in Vietnam, being held as a POW, and never giving in to despair while being tortured to betray his country..

    When Obama was a young man, he lost heart in the system and turned to drugs...

    Who is America going to embrace???

    Drug use is the least of my concerns, Obama's stance on guns, taxes, and just about every other policy is what repels me. However, wait and see what hits the front pages.
    do you work for McCain


    In all honesty, none of the 3 are great choices, however when you think republicans wanted Bush over McCain in 2000,that says something
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  7. Obama's campaign keeps unraveling unfavorable information about him. By the time election day comes he will have already undone himself.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I hate to put it so crassly, but if Obama wins what's the over/under on time to assassination (or at least an attempt)?
    Funny you should mention that. When he made those foolish remarks the other day, I immediately thought that maybe this guy's thinking a shot at being president isn't worth dying over.

    Re:
    "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -Barack Obama

  9. At the time I thought Obama would win when I voted. However, I would probably be up for changing my vote at this point and saying McCain has a better chance at getting voted in.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I'm not thrilled with any canidate choice, but it's not about who you were, it's about who you are....now. Everything does stupid things when they are young.

    IMO paying taxes doesn't bother me as long as they are going to be used for americans....in america, for legit reasons, infrastructure, even welfare if a person works full time but still has trouble.
    I think we can all agree that taxes is a necessary evil, especially in America. Without taxes, we wouldn't be able to take advantage of the many things we take for granted, such as roads, schools (debatable), etc. And I don't mind paying some taxes as long as it will help people get back on their feet in times of trouble. I think the welfare state is a good thing IF it works the way it's supposed to, which it does for many people. But many people also abuse the **** out of it. Also, you said you don't mind paying taxes if it helps Americans. But the Democrats want higher taxes so it can help the millions of illegals that live here in the U.S.! So how is that going back to Americans?

  11. If anyone would have been assassinated of all the candidates, it would have Ron Paul if he took office. MANY people in government and big business would definitely not be very happy if he made it in to office. Big government helps big business tremendously, and when you have a candidate that is really trying to downsize the government and cut advantages to businesses, you get a lot of powerful, pissed off people.

  12. I think we can all agree that taxes is a necessary evil, especially in America. Without taxes, we wouldn't be able to take advantage of the many things we take for granted, such as roads, schools (debatable), etc. And I don't mind paying some taxes as long as it will help people get back on their feet in times of trouble. I think the welfare state is a good thing IF it works the way it's supposed to, which it does for many people. But many people also abuse the **** out of it. Also, you said you don't mind paying taxes if it helps Americans. But the Democrats want higher taxes so it can help the millions of illegals that live here in the U.S.! So how is that going back to Americans?
    Right - I mean I can't see the bookwork - but I'll bet a very large portion of government funds are misappropriated. No one wants to give up their pork barrell spending, so they just tax tax tax, and then give themselves raises to cover the cost.

    The system is defintiely broken in a lot of ways - the question is...will people fix it in time, or at some point will more drastic measures be necessary?

    As long as we have 2 parties monopolizing power in this country, Id put my money on the latter.

    BV

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga View Post
    Right - I mean I can't see the bookwork - but I'll bet a very large portion of government funds are misappropriated. No one wants to give up their pork barrell spending, so they just tax tax tax, and then give themselves raises to cover the cost.
    this is a sad but true statement across party lines

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga View Post
    As long as we have 2 parties monopolizing power in this country, Id put my money on the latter.

    BV
    sadly I cannot see a reliable 3rd party. I myself am an Ind. but no one ever gets taken too seriosuly, partly because some people will only vote down party lives
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  14. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga View Post
    Right - I mean I can't see the bookwork - but I'll bet a very large portion of government funds are misappropriated. No one wants to give up their pork barrell spending, so they just tax tax tax, and then give themselves raises to cover the cost.

    The system is defintiely broken in a lot of ways - the question is...will people fix it in time, or at some point will more drastic measures be necessary?

    As long as we have 2 parties monopolizing power in this country, Id put my money on the latter.

    BV
    Agreed, and it is a real source of conflict. Having served my country for 5 years, and ending up disabled for it, I hate to think what I envisioned I was protecting/serving is nothing but a beyond-corrupted racket. In the end, I serve the principles, not the administration.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  15. GO NADER! No but seriously this election is driving me crazy enough that if he gets on the ballot I probably will vote for him just because he's not a corrupt scumbag like the rest of them. Atleast he offers viable solutions to the big issues, health care, energy crisis, war etc. Something needs to be done and I don't think Obama/Clinton/Mcain offer any thing more than usual empty promises.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    I don't think Obama/Clinton/Mcain offer any thing more than usual empty promises.
    done and done, none of them are even in the ballpark at this point
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    GO NADER! No but seriously this election is driving me crazy enough that if he gets on the ballot I probably will vote for him just because he's not a corrupt scumbag like the rest of them. Atleast he offers viable solutions to the big issues, health care, energy crisis, war etc. Something needs to be done and I don't think Obama/Clinton/Mcain offer any thing more than usual empty promises.
    Viable solutions? If high taxes and more government regulation is your definition of a viable solution to our problems, then by all means vote for the guy!

    And I agree, all three candidates suck balls!

  18. they're all as bad as each other, they're just puppets for higher powers,

    they're there not to serve the people but the blood suckers who profit from people.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Viable solutions? If high taxes and more government regulation is your definition of a viable solution to our problems, then by all means vote for the guy!

    And I agree, all three candidates suck balls!
    Yea Im not in favor of higher taxes, but sh!t i'd pay more to keep those other idiots out of office. As for more government regulations, thats not neccessarily a bad thing. You like the airbags in your car? Stricter regulation on industry pollution? sounds ok to me. Again hes not perfect, but if he gets on the ballot hes got my vote.

  20. Should be Ron Paul IMO
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  21. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Should be Ron Paul IMO
    I agree, but many of his policies would never have passed. The time of less government has passed. The government has gotten too big, and many Americans believe government is the solution to all of the world's problems, when in fact government is typically the cause of many of the problems we face in this world.



  22. couldnt agree more
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  23. McCain will win. Simple as that. Just wait and see...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I agree, but many of his policies would never have passed. The time of less government has passed. The government has gotten too big, and many Americans believe government is the solution to all of the world's problems, when in fact government is typically the cause of many of the problems we face in this world.
    <-- registered libertarian

  25. I liken voting to buying tobacco.....

    Sure there are different flavors, colors or exteriors, backgrounds, more or less amounts of processing....

    In the end all you get is crap, your dependance to the system and limited options severly limit finding anything good. Marketing is the winning approach noone buys great smokes theyve never heard of, they buy the whatever they find to be thier flavor or who has the greatest funded marketing campain.

    Mccain being a POW gives me some hope for a mortal man with errors and ommisions, who makes a mistake in judgement or in a speech periodically. But who generally will use his every ability to serve his people to the best of his ability. I fear such a man over time could be weakedn by pressure and influence during a term. I am glad to see mccains 28% (correct?) yearly income contributions go to charities. I think we live in a society that has become so de-sensitised to war death, sex, violence, drugs, dispair and obesity that if a wonderful person came along and ran for office they would be an oddball lost in the fray unable to fill voters expectations of what politicians are. Not to mention campains arent typically easily funded and youd need to have your face every place you can to appeal to the many voters who need to warm up to you before they will choose you regaurless of credetials its been proven. PS dimples and smirks help ala bush, clinton and harper.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. President's Day
    By The Neck in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:26 AM
  2. Who will be the next President of USA?
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
  3. Could a guy like this become President?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Politics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Log in
Log in