Is Obama really BLACK???? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is Obama really BLACK????

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Is Obama really BLACK????

ok i want to make this very clear off the bat that im not talking sh!t or trying to insult anyone.
    that being said,

Can you really call someone that is half black half white a BLACK person????
    he is in fact 50% white and he was raised by his white famiy.

i dont understand why when someone who is "mixed" is popular that they are called black.
    -Tiger Woods ( first "black" golfer to.....)
    -Hallie Berry ( first " black" woman to....)

i have a niece and nephew that are half black. i dont see them as white or black. but from what everyone else says i guess they`re black. even tho they are being raised by my white sister in law.

i only bring this whole thing up because all you hear about is how there might be a black man in the white house, but just to say it one last time, he is only 50% black.

how about the first non-white man in the white house.

anyone else thinking this too?????

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I had no clue he was even mixed!?!?

I think that should be stressed a lil more if they want to pul the whole first "black" man thing.... If race is gonna really be playin any part of this here then at least tell it how it is.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

i didnt had any idea he was mixed either
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    I had no clue he was even mixed!?!?

I think that should be stressed a lil more if they want to pul the whole first "black" man thing.... If race is gonna really be playin any part of this here then at least tell it how it is.

agreed! if him being black is such a big deal to voters i think they should be a little more open about his white background.

im 75% german and 25% scottish. if someone asks me what i am i say german AND scottish. i dont just pick one. because thats not true.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

i also want to put out there that i have NOTHING against Obama. i voted for clinton but will vote for Obama if he gets the nod.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

I very much doubt Obama wants to be called half whatever. He knows that he's getting a huge number of votes by the black community, he is counting on those votes. No way he is going to stress that he is half cast.

When does the showdown between him and HC end anyway? does one of them normally drop out when it looks like its over or what?
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made;
    I very much doubt Obama wants to be called half whatever. He knows that he's getting a huge number of votes by the black community, he is counting on those votes. No way he is going to stress that he is half cast.
    He also knows he cannot win on black votes alone. He needs votes from the non-black community, too. So, he would prefer to let blacks see him as black and whites see him as half-white.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made;
    When does the showdown between him and HC end anyway? does one of them normally drop out when it looks like its over or what?
    There might not be any showdown as such. Pennsylvania should be important. Clinton may win. Obama will try to narrow the gap to neutralize any real advantage Clinton may have as a consequence of a victory. The states after Pennsylvania would also be strategically important. The super-delegates are likely to wait to see the outcome of Pennsylvania. Should Obama do very well there, there may be a surge to back him. That would imply pressure on Clinton drop out. Falling short of this, I do not see Clinton dropping out. Obama, by no chance, as he argues he leads on the basis of pledged delegates. One thing is clear: The longer the tussle within the democratic party lasts, the weaker the eventual winner will be, and the more mileage McCain will pile up.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    agreed! if him being black is such a big deal to voters i think they should be a little more open about his white background.

im 75% german and 25% scottish. if someone asks me what i am i say german AND scottish. i dont just pick one. because thats not true.

He's COMPLETELY open about his mixed heritage. Its mentioned all the time and it doesnt matter if he mentions it or not (which he does), black people will see him as black because of the way this country has historically seen mixed race people.

The reason that he is conisdered "black", just as Halle and Tiger(although Tiger is more black than anything else, as indigenious people from Thialand are an admixture of the Negrito)goes back to racism is this country also. Back in the day, you had what was called the "one drop rule". Basically it meant, that if u had one drop of black blood, u were considered black. That is a something that has just gone on and on. So, when u see a mixed race person, they are called "black", even though they are just as much the other race as they are black.

I found it humorous that while the contoversy with Obama's church was going on, many white people wanted explainations about his feeling on race, while also calling him black man. Dont get me wrong, he calls himself a black man as well, but I think that comes more from traditional sociological views than anything else.

Take a look at Warren G. Harding family and tell me that Obama would be the "first black president"

Warren G. Harding

What he did was called "passing".
  9. Board Supporter

The first clue that he is black is the first part of his name: Warren G.

Who the hell cares anyway. How are we supposed to get passed race when that is all the people for whom we are supposed to overlook their race (minorities) focus on. For the record, I am a minority. I chose not to capitalize on grants and scholarships that would have awarded me for being such because to do so is to recognize a difference in the races...which I am opposed to. Until we minorities stop whining about what we deserve because of our race, racism will exist. Damn self-fulfilling prophecies.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

what do you mean? he's an arab related to osama bin laden.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

This reminds me of the skit on the chapelle show were there was a racail draft, honestly though its sad that this years election is going to be based more on race and gender bias then the normal political rhetoric we are use too.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  12. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Thought this was fitting:

The Audacity of Rhetoric
    By Thomas Sowell
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It is painful to watch defenders of Barack Obama tying themselves into knots trying to evade the obvious.

Some are saying that Senator Obama cannot be held responsible for what his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, said. In their version of events, Barack Obama just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time -- and a bunch of mean-spirited people are trying to make something out of it.

It makes a good story, but it won't stand up under scrutiny.

Barack Obama's own account of his life shows that he consciously sought out people on the far left fringe. In college, "I chose my friends carefully," he said in his first book, "Dreams From My Father."

These friends included "Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk rock performance poets" -- in Obama's own words -- as well as the "more politically active black students." He later visited a former member of the terrorist Weatherman underground, who endorsed him when he ran for state senator.

Obama didn't just happen to encounter Jeremiah Wright, who just happened to say some way out things. Jeremiah Wright is in the same mold as the kinds of people Barack Obama began seeking out in college -- members of the left, anti-American counter-culture.

In Shelby Steele's brilliantly insightful book about Barack Obama -- "A Bound Man" -- it is painfully clear that Obama was one of those people seeking a racial identity that he had never really experienced in growing up in a white world. He was trying to become a convert to blackness, as it were -- and, like many converts, he went overboard.

Nor has Obama changed in recent years. His voting record in the U.S. Senate is the furthest left of any Senator. There is a remarkable consistency in what Barack Obama has done over the years, despite inconsistencies in what he says.

The irony is that Obama's sudden rise politically to the level of being the leading contender for his party's presidential nomination has required him to project an entirely different persona, that of a post-racial leader who can heal divisiveness and bring us all together.

The ease with which he has accomplished this chameleon-like change, and entranced both white and black Democrats, is a tribute to the man's talent and a warning about his reliability.

There is no evidence that Obama ever sought to educate himself on the views of people on the other end of the political spectrum, much less reach out to them. He reached out from the left to the far left. That's bringing us all together?

Is "divisiveness" defined as disagreeing with the agenda of the left? Who on the left was ever called divisive by Obama before that became politically necessary in order to respond to revelations about Jeremiah Wright?

One sign of Obama's verbal virtuosity was his equating a passing comment by his grandmother -- "a typical white person," he says -- with an organized campaign of public vilification of America in general and white America in particular, by Jeremiah Wright.

Since all things are the same, except for the differences, and different except for the similarities, it is always possible to make things look similar verbally, however different they are in the real world.

Among the many desperate gambits by defenders of Senator Obama and Jeremiah Wright is to say that Wright's words have a "resonance" in the black community.

There was a time when the Ku Klux Klan's words had a resonance among whites, not only in the South but in other states. Some people joined the KKK in order to advance their political careers. Did that make it OK? Is it all just a matter of whose ox is gored?

While many whites may be annoyed by Jeremiah Wright's words, a year from now most of them will probably have forgotten about him. But many blacks who absorb his toxic message can still be paying for it, big-time, for decades to come.

Why should young blacks be expected to work to meet educational standards, or even behavioral standards, if they believe the message that all their problems are caused by whites, that the deck is stacked against them? That is ultimately a message of hopelessness, however much audacity it may have.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

See, this is why I can't wait for the people of the U.S. to progress as a nation to the point where diverse ethnics is commonplace in major gov't office positions. I hear more talk about Obama's ethnicity And Hilary's gender than I do about their political strategies or their integrity as people. As I stated in a different political thread, 'who cares what color you are or what chromosome
    pair you were born with as long as you can do a better job in office than your predecessor?'
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Politicians: 50% this 50% that, but there ALL 100% BS!!!!!!!!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

It just kills me why some people are choosing to vote this year just see a black/woman president. I am just happy opera didn't run because she would have got the black, female, and day time tv watchers votes. Damn country is @ss backwards but oh well.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  16. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    See, this is why I can't wait for the people of the U.S. to progress as a nation to the point where diverse ethnics is commonplace in major gov't office positions. I hear more talk about Obama's ethnicity And Hilary's gender than I do about their political strategies or their integrity as people. As I stated in a different political thread, 'who cares what color you are or what chromosome
    pair you were born with as long as you can do a better job in office than your predecessor?'
    Well said!!!!!!! PLEASE NO MORE BUSH'S AND BUSH WANTABEE'S. Hillary or Obama will get my vote come election time.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Arnold for president!
  18. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer;
    Well put. Solid post. Reps.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. Professional Member

Chad for president!!!

Legalize Tren!
  20. Professional Member

The funny thing is that chad is black. He gets so tan, the mofo is black.

But not seriously... since Obama is black and white, how could he ever be racist? If so, he'd be racist against himself, lololol.
  21. Professional Member

The funny thing is that chad is black. He gets so tan, the mofo is black.

But not seriously... since Obama is black and white, how could he ever be racist against white people ala' the orator pastor? If so, he'd be racist against himself, lololol.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I remember one of his speeches when Kerry was running and Obama was talking about how since he's half black and half white he would never be considered a white person, only as a black man.
  23. New Member

I knew he was half/half. I don't consider him either. I just consider him a man....same as any other guy.

Unfortunately, society looks and says "hey..that person has some black in them...that makes them BLACK".

We ALL have some growing up to do...

Personally, it just doesn't matter. As long as Bush is gone, we are ALL better off!
  24. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscool63 View Post
    I knew he was half/half. I don't consider him either. I just consider him a man....same as any other guy.

Unfortunately, society looks and says "hey..that person has some black in them...that makes them BLACK".

We ALL have some growing up to do...

Personally, it just doesn't matter. As long as Bush is gone, we are ALL better off!

agreed but should he be getting votes for being black or for what he stands for?

from what it looks like he is getting the black vote just because he is black. nothing else.
  25. New Member

agreed but should he be getting votes for being black or for what he stands for?

from what it looks like he is getting the black vote just because he is black. nothing else.
    If people wanna vote for him because he's black, that's their business.

I'm sure there are people who won't vote for him because he's black. That's their business, too.

I think people should vote for him because of what he stands for.

Keep in mind, women are voting in record numbers because Hiliary is, some say,a woman!
  26. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscool63 View Post
    Keep in mind, women are voting in record numbers because Hiliary is, some say,a woman!

yes, but she is 100% woman. lol.
  27. New Member

yes, but she is 100% woman. lol.

Dude..you just made me vomit!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Obama doesn't have the luxury of appearing "white", hence he gets labelled as a black man and he's lived his life as such. I think he's done a pretty good job of not playing the race card compared to the likes of Jackson or Sharpton. The race issue is being foisted upon him by the media for the purposes of sensationalism IMO.

He has certainly paid the black vote some attention and though there are some who will undoubtedly give him their vote just because he looks black, I think more blacks will vote for him because they, as a group, tend to be of the more liberal to moderate Democrat persuasion (particularly in the southern states)..and that's what Obama is unabashedly offering. At a whopping 13% of population, I really don't know why people make such a big deal over this.

This issue over his preacher is stupid IMO. I didn't live my life by what my pasture said nor did I really even know what his political motivations even were...I was just being bored in church and waiting to be dismissed.
  29. New Member

This is true. I was a true Hillary fan until I started actually listening to Obama's message and watching how he carries himself during the debates, and yes, I'm black. Both of them are full of sh!t, but for me, I have to decide who "I" think will deliver the sh!t better in the long run. Honestly, I would be happy with either one.

Both of them keep shooting themselfs in the foot - Hillary with that big fat lie and Obama with that off the wall preacher. I wouldn't go to a church that preaches that bullsh!t, plus stay there for 20yrs!
  30. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by bioman;
    Obama doesn't have the luxury of appearing "white", hence he gets labelled as a black man and he's lived his life as such. I think he's done a pretty good job of not playing the race card compared to the likes of Jackson or Sharpton. The race issue is being foisted upon him by the media for the purposes of sensationalism IMO.

He has certainly paid the black vote some attention and though there are some who will undoubtedly give him their vote just because he looks black, I think more blacks will vote for him because they, as a group, tend to be of the more liberal to moderate Democrat persuasion (particularly in the southern states)..and that's what Obama is unabashedly offering. At a whopping 13% of population, I really don't know why people make such a big deal over this.

This issue over his preacher is stupid IMO. I didn't live my life by what my pasture said nor did I really even know what his political motivations even were...I was just being bored in church and waiting to be dismissed.
  31. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    It's well known that most church goers take what their pastor say to heart weather it's wrong or right. Example, 2004 elections, those big name churches sold that faith based garbage Bush was pushing to their flock and they ate it up. They're still waiting for what Bush promised them.

I'm sure Obama's political veiws is FAR from what his pastor's political veiws are; but it will make some wonder as to how much of it he sucked up.
  32. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by young4life;
    It's well known that most church goers take what their pastor say to heart weather it's wrong or right...
    Most critical church-goers form their own opinions. It would be surprising, if Obama, with his gifted intellect, would absorb ideas indiscriminately and without filtering.
  33. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Most critical church-goers form their own opinions. It would be surprising, if Obama, with his gifted intellect, would absorb ideas indiscriminately and without filtering.
    TRUE!!
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

It just sucks that our politics has been reduced to this: Voting for a woman because she is a woman, or voting for a black guy because he is black, or voting for a crazy guy because you think he will scare Muslims.

How about we vote for the candidate who promises to respect our liberty?

How about we vote for the candidate who promises to stay the hell out of our lives?

Granted, in this election this candidate doesn't exist, but that is for another thread.

This cult of personality that has been constructed by the media, and the dominant political parties is killing this country. We are driving headlong into fascism, and all we can worry about is whether or not other people will think we are cooler for embracing the ethnic minority or the woman (and Hillary's womanhood is highly suspect)
  35. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    How about we vote for the candidate who promises to respect our liberty?

How about we vote for the candidate who promises to stay the hell out of our lives?

Granted, in this election this candidate doesn't exist, but that is for another thread.
    I guess we have to vote for the least of three evils.
  36. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by young4life View Post
    I guess we have to vote for the least of three evils.

true. and the winner will have a lot of bush sh!t to unfcuk!
    bush might even try starting a war with iran before he moves out of the white house! lil fcuker!
  37. Banned

I will have to disagree with you on this one. Remember the media is making this case an issue. You can say that about each candidate if you want to. You can divide this argument into 10 different category: (race, gender group, age, religion,etc. take your pick. I will cast my vote on the candidate that shares my view and the one that appear to be somewhat honest. I know that is very hard to find in a politician, but among the three we have running, it shouldn't be too hard to choose from.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aristo3369 View Post
    I will have to disagree with you on this one. Remember the media is making this case an issue. You can say that about each candidate if you want to. You can divide this argument into 10 different category: (race, gender group, age, religion,etc. take your pick. I will cast my vote on the candidate that shares my view and the one that appear to be somewhat honest. I know that is very hard to find in a politician, but among the three we have running, it shouldn't be too hard to choose from.

all i`m really saying is that he shouldn`t get votes just for being black, especially since he IS half WHITE!

and one more question (not just to you)
    do you think his white mom and grandmom who raised him would be welcome in his anti white church?????
    just a thought.
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Thats cool... an anti white church eh?

I really do hope that he doesnt embrace his pastors teaching too much. This is really great. I think we're damned if we do damned if we dont already, cant wait till I have to worry about farting and being called racist or getting sued. My "rights" are restricted enough as it is.
  40. Banned

all i`m really saying is that he shouldn`t get votes just for being black, especially since he IS half WHITE!

and one more question (not just to you)
    do you think his white mom and grandmom who raised him would be welcome in his anti white church?????
    just a thought.
    Chad, remember whites attend this church also, take a look at some of the clippings that are being aired on T.V. Even Bill Clinton has attended this church. Remember we all cannot be held accountable for what others say, even if it's our pastor, the majority of american's know that these are not Mr. Obama view. I can think of some of the comments and things my friends have said in the past, but some of their comments are not my view. Remember all of these things which are coming out is just a part of politics. Remember all of the negative things many catholics were saying about Mitt Romney's pastor. If he had became the Republican candidate, some of his pastors anti-american statement would have surfaced and became an issue for the media to talk about. The point I'm trying to make is that we cannot be held accountable for others view, unless we share their view point. Just my opinion.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Obama Adm: No faith in Black voters
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:09 PM
  2. TheNinja's log of LG's new M1D Black - Back in M1D-Black!
    By TheNinja in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM
  3. Something obama is doing I can get behind
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
  4. Obama and Black Caucus in Bed with Fannie
    By RobInKuwait in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
  5. Obama won...