Poll: Dem, Rep or Indy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Are you a Democrat or Republican???

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Q: What's a conservative?
    A: A liberal who made it through adolescence.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

"Vote Democrat... It's easier than getting a job."
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm realistic.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'm realistic.
    is there symble a Goat?
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

So one day a man died because he couldnt afford an operation that would have saved his life, and medicare hasnt been socialized yet (no, im not going to say "universal")...

Oh wait, that isnt funny, its SICK, just like the money grubbing Repubicans.
  6. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    is there symble a Goat?
    A goat holding a bottle of KY
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

If you sell your first born child for stock options... you might be a republican.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    So one day a man died because he couldnt afford an operation that would have saved his life, and medicare hasnt been socialized yet (no, im not going to say "universal")...

Okay, now tell me. How is our government going to save everyone's lives?

Its very naive to think that they can. If you're going to point to places like Canada, etc, as prime examples of how "wonderful" socialized health care is then you're going to have to explain away the fact that getting simple procedures done like MRI's, which can be done on the spot here in the US, often take 3+ months to get an appointment for and how droves of well-off canadians will take their serious health matters to the US?

Would we like to save everyone, yes. Can we, no. Is government the fix for people with insufficient health coverage, no.

In addition, if you think socialized healthcare is "cheap", you're wildly mistaken. The taxation rate for healthcare in the socialized countries is ridiculous.

Most people working in government are there because they are not valuable commodities in the private sector, and by virtue of that, the government run programs generally are much less efficient. Lets not give any more of our money to the less accomplished people in society to handle for us than we have to. I would rather be responsible for myself. (Wait a minute...that's the big difference between human beings and liberals: responsibility)
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

If you sell your first born child for stock options... you might be a republican.
    If you throw out ridiculous slogans without providing anything of substance to back your "positions", you are probably a liberal democrat.
  10. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    Okay, now tell me. How is our government going to save everyone's lives?

Its very naive to think that they can. If you're going to point to places like Canada, etc, as prime examples of how "wonderful" socialized health care is then you're going to have to explain away the fact that getting simple procedures done like MRI's, which can be done on the spot here in the US, often take 3+ months to get an appointment for and how droves of well-off canadians will take their serious health matters to the US?

Would we like to save everyone, yes. Can we, no. Is government the fix for people with insufficient health coverage, no.

In addition, if you think socialized healthcare is "cheap", you're wildly mistaken. The taxation rate for healthcare in the socialized countries is ridiculous.

Most people working in government are there because they are not valuable commodities in the private sector, and by virtue of that, the government run programs generally are much less efficient. Lets not give any more of our money to the less accomplished people in society to handle for us than we have to. I would rather be responsible for myself. (Wait a minute...that's the big difference between human beings and liberals: responsibility)
    There's only one being that I can think of with the knowledge and strength to keep any number of people orderly without overlooking/neglecting other factors; however, the being I'm thinking of is omnipotent. Until this changes, any government or concept of government you'll ever be exposed to is going to be less than perfect, and that's a fact you're just going to have to accept.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    um bush has been in for awhile and welfare has NOT gone down at all.
    lol bush isn't exact a republican in its purest form
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    There's only one being that I can think of with the knowledge and strength to keep any number of people orderly without overlooking/neglecting other factors; however, the being I'm thinking of is omnipotent. Until this changes, any government or concept of government you'll ever be exposed to is going to be less than perfect, and that's a fact you're just going to have to accept.
    Of course they'll be less then perfect. I brought up the fact that the private sector, over and over again, has proven itself much more capable than the government and I said that we should keep healthcare out of government's grubby little power hungry paws.

If the government wants to legislate in favor of healthcare, they should legislate out frivelous lawsuits that drive insurance premiums through the roof for practicing physicians and hospitals; do this and the patient sees their costs go down.
  13. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%

Of course they'll be less then perfect. I brought up the fact that the private sector, over and over again, has proven itself much more capable than the government and I said that we should keep healthcare out of government's grubby little power hungry paws.

If the government wants to legislate in favor of healthcare, they should legislate out frivelous lawsuits that drive insurance premiums through the roof for practicing physicians and hospitals; do this and the patient sees their costs go down.
    "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

This aphorism seems to ALWAYS hold true, despite the fact that so many people have such trouble grasping it.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

What does that have to do with the government running our health care system?
  15. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%

What does that have to do with the government running our health care system?
    Sorry, I just had a major brain fart.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

No problem, shit happens
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.07%

How is universal medicare the government's problem...?

"money-grubbing Republicans"? WTF?

You think Democrats aren't the same in nature? Get a clue, man.

Our country is ranked #4 in the world for economic freedom, just below Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore (all 3 of which are based strongly on the United State's pro-democratic policies and free markets).

200 years ago people like you and I wouldn't have a pot to piss in, much less universal healthcare. If that is what you want, then be prepared to live like (amoung others) the Italians do, endebted to their own government. Their labor market operates under restrictive employment regulations that hinder employment and phuck up their rate of productivity. The more control they give the government over things like finance and property rights, the more corrupt (MONEY GRUBBING) they become.

If you lack the ability to articulate what you think and instead spout off two-lined fits of verbal masterbation into the keyboard... you might be an idiot.
    Last edited by the russian; 08-10-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

why doesnt everyone grow a pair and stop hiding behind Dem or Rep. make a decision.
  19. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

just to clarify, people who lable themselves as dem or rep in my experience have no ideas what the issue is or the facts. they just hear about an issue and blindly go with one side or the other. dont want to waste their valuable time to think about how they really feel.
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

Only problem with that is Medicare IS socialized medicine.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.76%

I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I don't know what phuckin party that is but that's what I believe in

Spatch: You're probably a good kid in the real world but geez bro, analyze things a little bit before you make those statements
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I don't know what phuckin party that is but that's what I believe in
    You'd probably fit really well with the "general" libertarian philosophies.
  23. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Q: What's a conservative?
    A: A liberal who made it through adolescence.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Defiently not a Democrat.

"The WAPO reports that House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) went on the record that a positive report from Iraq would be "a real big problem for us."
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Spatch: You're probably a good kid in the real world but geez bro, analyze things a little bit before you make those statements
    I'm not into politics much, except for expanding persoanl rights that republicans dont want us to have, so I pop jokes. I could go on and on about how the Republican War on Drugs is one of the stupidest things this country has ever done, but we have all heard it before.
  26. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

So how about this idea for socialized medicine. Keep in mind I'm a biochem major, not an economics major, so take it easy...

Keep everything the way it is right now, except pay for it with taxes. So you go to what ever doctor you want, just like right now, but instead of you paying it is payed for with tax money. Doctors would still have competition to be the best they can be to keep/get new patients, and it wouldnt take long to get things done like in Canada.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.51%

So how about this idea for socialized medicine. Keep in mind I'm a biochem major, not an economics major, so take it easy...

Keep everything the way it is right now, except pay for it with taxes. So you go to what ever doctor you want, just like right now, but instead of you paying it is payed for with tax money. Doctors would still have competition to be the best they can be to keep/get new patients, and it wouldnt take long to get things done like in Canada.
    And who are you going to tax to pay for this???
  28. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    And who are you going to tax to pay for this???
    The citizens of America. I don't see how paying taxes to pay for medical care is that big a deal. I mean are we that cold hearted that we wont pay taxes to heal the sick? I realize that helping people may not be a "traditional" value, no offence intended.

Keep in mind after you pay the taxes you will no longer have to pay for health insurance.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.51%

Do you have any idea how many TRILLIONS of dollars its going to cost?

There is going to come a time, when the "rich" people of this country say PISS OFF and move out. That 5% of the population is pretty much supporting the entire tax system as it is. I just don't think they should have to pay any more.

Now, if you were to get rid of an equal amount of federal spending, I might be able to go for it. So, what programs to we cut?? How about we make all people on welfare take a monthly drug test. If they fail the test... NO CHECK. I'll bet that would cut the welfare rolls by at least 30%. Theres a good start!
  30. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

The citizens of America. I don't see how paying taxes to pay for medical care is that big a deal. I mean are we that cold hearted that we wont pay taxes to heal the sick? I realize that helping people may not be a "traditional" value, no offence intended.

Keep in mind after you pay the taxes you will no longer have to pay for health insurance.

We already do pay taxes for Medicare and Medicaid...two programs that are deadlocked in corruption and abuse BECAUSE its run by the federal government. Now you genius's on the left seem to ignore this fact as well as the other well run socialized benefit program called Social Security which will go bankrupt without reform.

Bottom line is I don't want my tax money going to another program which will be ripe with mismanagement and corruption when I can pay for my own health insurance and deal with them myself....not go through the government which will be 10x worse.

You don't take the second most corrupt and mismanaged system and combine it with the MOST corrupt and mismanaged system. Its common sense.
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Einstein, you still have the problem of the government wanting to CUT COSTS so what do you think they will do? The same thing the insurance companies will do...hire doctors to screen what it needed and what is not hence you have the same problem you have now on top of the problem of managing health insurance for 300 million people. Real smart idea.

The idea that the government is going to hand over money and "take care of you the best they can" is ridiculous and naive.
  32. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

I'm not into politics much, except for expanding persoanl rights that republicans dont want us to have, so I pop jokes. I could go on and on about how the Republican War on Drugs is one of the stupidest things this country has ever done, but we have all heard it before.
    Unfortunately if you look back to the eighties and before it was the Democrats pushing the War on Drugs to prove their law and order nature, and are just as much to blame on the issue as any Republican. And, as an activist on the issue in my college years one of the first things we were taught is that Republicans were almost always the best shot at getting such laws repealed or delegated to individual states to decide. I saw no let up in federal crack downs of medical marijuana during Clinton's tenure, nor do I see it happening now that the supposedly socially liberal Democrats are in control of congress.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You just described me as well. Libretarian is the best party under those criteria
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    You just described me as well. Libretarian is the best party under those criteria
    All I want to know is where their candidates are ? Anyone know who is actually a threat from the Libertarian party at this moment ?
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

Their presidential candidate, Michael Badnerick, isn't actually someone I'd personally support. Plus, 3rd party candidates never even make it to any of the debates. They're blackballed.
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

Kucinich is an interesting guy.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.98%

Their presidential candidate, Michael Badnerick, isn't actually someone I'd personally support. Plus, 3rd party candidates never even make it to any of the debates. They're blackballed.
    Badnarick was 2004. I did not think he was running again in 2008.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.76%

If the Libertarians aren't a real possibility then I'll vote Republican and settle for the lesser of 2 evils
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.93%

Yea...I'm not registered to any party...

...but most of the time I vote Republican, as I hold a somewhat similar viewpoint as them, just a little on the left side. Plus I'm a middle class, white male
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.76%

I agree with the founders: partisan politics and political parties have destroyed what this country could have been, and between them, the 2 big dogs are squabbling over whether to terraform the US in Mexico's image, or India's. The destination's no different - and I don't think the choice of route is significant, given that destination.

The Libertarians are IMO even more useless, since they are too pure to actually try to achieve office - hell, they can't even hang on to their own agenda. Nitwits like Boortz and basket cases like the neo-cons have managed to define themselves as Libertarians without any noticeable complaint from any real libertarians, and they've managed to redefine for the public what libertarians believe - hell, I've heard *Mike Savage* called a libertarian.

As long as corporations have the same rights, privileges and freedoms as real people, nothing's going to change for the better.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. A Democrat or a Republican?
    By bpmartyr in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
  4. Now Democrats Think Republicans Are Cheaters ?
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 03:38 PM