Bush Signs Law to Widen Legal Reach for Wiretapping

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
It's creepy but I don't see how it violates any rights. They are only allowed to listen in on international calls and only if the FOREIGNER is a target of investigation. If the local guy is, they still need a warrant even when he makes international calls.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I don't see how this is a problem. Obviously an extremely biased source such as the NYT are going to make it out to be such a huge problem. Have any of our rights been violated by the wiretapping that's been going on internationally in this country? No.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
It's creepy but I don't see how it violates any rights. They are only allowed to listen in on international calls and only if the FOREIGNER is a target of investigation. If the local guy is, they still need a warrant even when he makes international calls.
Absolutely correct, it violates no rights! CNET article breaks it down

of course the scary part is that,this emphasizes the fact that ultimately the only rights we have, are the ones the ruling elite give us!

so don't worry be happy :aargh:

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Have any of our rights been violated by the wiretapping that's been going on internationally in this country? No.
How do you know that? Why should the government have the right to listen to any of my phone calls that are going overseas without probable cause? The FISA court was always thought to be a way to skirt certain laws, so now we need to skirt the FISA court? Obviously i shouldnt have to worry about this since i dont know any terrorists, but forgive me if i dont trust the clown running the Justice Department to figure that out...you know the one who believes habeas corpus isnt a right.

I'm sure most people will say its only going to be used against people who deserve it but it seems to me whenever you give the government an inch they take 50 feet. I'd like to hold onto whatever rights i actually have left.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
How do you know that? Why should the government have the right to listen to any of my phone calls that are going overseas without probable cause? The FISA court was always thought to be a way to skirt certain laws, so now we need to skirt the FISA court? Obviously i shouldnt have to worry about this since i dont know any terrorists, but forgive me if i dont trust the clown running the Justice Department to figure that out...you know the one who believes habeas corpus isnt a right.

I'm sure most people will say its only going to be used against people who deserve it but it seems to me whenever you give the government an inch they take 50 feet. I'd like to hold onto whatever rights i actually have left.
"If you aint done nothing wrong, you dont have anything to hide, you punk.

You also cant get married to a man either, because that would make you different then us, and we dont like that. We only allow our, I mean traditional, values... which means you can bang our sister"

- The GOP

PS- Thats intended to be funny, not offensive.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
"If you aint done nothing wrong, you dont have anything to hide, you punk.

You also cant get married to a man either, because that would make you different then us, and we dont like that. We only allow our, I mean traditional, values... which means you can bang our sister"

- The GOP

PS- Thats intended to be funny, not offensive.
:D nice