Lv. Percent
    21.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Exclamation Bush Signs Law to Widen Legal Reach for Wiretapping

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.91%

It's creepy but I don't see how it violates any rights. They are only allowed to listen in on international calls and only if the FOREIGNER is a target of investigation. If the local guy is, they still need a warrant even when he makes international calls.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't see how this is a problem. Obviously an extremely biased source such as the NYT are going to make it out to be such a huge problem. Have any of our rights been violated by the wiretapping that's been going on internationally in this country? No.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    It's creepy but I don't see how it violates any rights. They are only allowed to listen in on international calls and only if the FOREIGNER is a target of investigation. If the local guy is, they still need a warrant even when he makes international calls.
    Absolutely correct, it violates no rights! CNET article breaks it down

of course the scary part is that,this emphasizes the fact that ultimately the only rights we have, are the ones the ruling elite give us!

so don't worry be happy
  5. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Have any of our rights been violated by the wiretapping that's been going on internationally in this country? No.
    How do you know that? Why should the government have the right to listen to any of my phone calls that are going overseas without probable cause? The FISA court was always thought to be a way to skirt certain laws, so now we need to skirt the FISA court? Obviously i shouldnt have to worry about this since i dont know any terrorists, but forgive me if i dont trust the clown running the Justice Department to figure that out...you know the one who believes habeas corpus isnt a right.

I'm sure most people will say its only going to be used against people who deserve it but it seems to me whenever you give the government an inch they take 50 feet. I'd like to hold onto whatever rights i actually have left.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.39%

Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    How do you know that? Why should the government have the right to listen to any of my phone calls that are going overseas without probable cause? The FISA court was always thought to be a way to skirt certain laws, so now we need to skirt the FISA court? Obviously i shouldnt have to worry about this since i dont know any terrorists, but forgive me if i dont trust the clown running the Justice Department to figure that out...you know the one who believes habeas corpus isnt a right.

I'm sure most people will say its only going to be used against people who deserve it but it seems to me whenever you give the government an inch they take 50 feet. I'd like to hold onto whatever rights i actually have left.
    "If you aint done nothing wrong, you dont have anything to hide, you punk.

You also cant get married to a man either, because that would make you different then us, and we dont like that. We only allow our, I mean traditional, values... which means you can bang our sister"

- The GOP

PS- Thats intended to be funny, not offensive.
  7. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%

Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    "If you aint done nothing wrong, you dont have anything to hide, you punk.

You also cant get married to a man either, because that would make you different then us, and we dont like that. We only allow our, I mean traditional, values... which means you can bang our sister"

- The GOP

PS- Thats intended to be funny, not offensive.
    nice

Similar Forum Threads

1. Where to fill (legal) prescriptions for HCG and Test Cyp.
    By seturner in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 10:08 PM
  2. Bush Signs No More Torture Law !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:46 AM
  4. Bush Signs Terror Interrogation Law
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 94