Ron Paul Schools Neil Cavuto On Goverment Funding !!!

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
MIENFOKS: RON PAUL SCHOOLS NEIL CAVUTO ON GOVERNMENT FUNCTION !

Congressman if people stop paying taxes how would we build buildings like the one your standing in front of...?

How did they do it before 1913?...How did they build it, Neil ???

Game, Set and Match, Ron Paul !!!
What is so irrevocably screwed up about our monetary system is that there is more money owed than actually physically EXISTS.

We don't print money anymore you know. Well we do, but not the same way. It used to be when we printed money we either needed gold to back it up or we'd devalue our currency. Now, the way we print money is we start off by borrowing it from the reserve banks. We borrow money that doesn't exist. Then we print that money. That would be fine and even if it weren't for the little problem of that borrowed money having an interest rate. So, if we for example borrow 1 billion dollars into existance, and let's say the rate was 5%, a year later, where is that extra 50 million dollars? It was never printed. It doesn't exist, but it is owed on the original billion.

Out system is so unbelievably screwed up.

spunkles182

Awards
MIENFOKS: RON PAUL SCHOOLS NEIL CAVUTO ON GOVERNMENT FUNCTION !

Congressman if people stop paying taxes how would we build buildings like the one your standing in front of...?

How did they do it before 1913?...How did they build it, Neil ???

Game, Set and Match, Ron Paul !!!
In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the United States relied primarily on taxes levied on products manufactured in the United States (excise taxes) or imported into the country from elsewhere (tariffs). Two notable problems resulted from this heavy reliance on what are called consumption taxes. First, the revenue from tariffs was easily disrupted when trade fell. Second, both types of taxes were typically passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices, and this disproportionately impacted the poor.

eagleba

Awards
Spunkles, these are not necessarily bad problems. Your first point will create more responsible government spending. Your second point carries absolutely no weight at all because the poor will not be out buying boats and nice cars. If you are referring to just groceries, then yes but the richer folks will buy much more expensive stuff. Also, if you spend some time studying the fair tax, you will see that even though the taxes are increased, the price does not necessarily increase much. The middle class gets robbed everyday. This plan will truly be a win for the middle class. Ron Paul has my vote. His name is on every bill in my wallet and I continuosly forward emails to everyone that I can about him. He is the only hope for this screwed up country.

spunkles182

Awards
Spunkles, these are not necessarily bad problems. Your first point will create more responsible government spending. Your second point carries absolutely no weight at all because the poor will not be out buying boats and nice cars. If you are referring to just groceries, then yes but the richer folks will buy much more expensive stuff. Also, if you spend some time studying the fair tax, you will see that even though the taxes are increased, the price does not necessarily increase much. The middle class gets robbed everyday. This plan will truly be a win for the middle class. Ron Paul has my vote. His name is on every bill in my wallet and I continuosly forward emails to everyone that I can about him. He is the only hope for this screwed up country.
even Ron Paul would disagree with you. He says "The real issue is total spending by government, not tax reform." You can try to divide the pie anyway you want; itll still be the same size.

eagleba

Awards
Certainly the real issue is total spending by government. It is out of control and is far from responsible. Exactly how would he disagree with me? If you take away the IRS, you have to have a means of collecting taxes which could be in the form of sales tax. The pie would not remain the same because the rich would not have the loop holes and the poor would actually have to pay taxes. It is the middle class that fails to get preferential treatment.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
even Ron Paul would disagree with you. He says "The real issue is total spending by government, not tax reform." You can try to divide the pie anyway you want; itll still be the same size.
Certain forms of taxation make it harder to hide total spending in debt. The real issue is the monetary system. A gold standard makes it impossible to infate too much and keeps spending in check because the government can't print money and give it away, it must always get it from the people first. Government spending started to skyrocket when we went off the gold standard. Prior to that for hundreds of years even though taxes steadily crept up they stayed relatively in check. What's more debt was incurred mostly during war and paid down afterward. Once off the gold standard debt started to be incurred even during peace time.