Bush Officially "making It Up As He Goes" !!!

  1. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Post Bush Officially "making It Up As He Goes" !!!


    NEW WORLD RHINOS: BUSH OFFICIALLY MAKING IT UP AS HE GOES !!!

    Bush has been adding amendments to congressional laws instead of using his constitutional power of veto. 37% of his changes have been ignored by the courts. dooh!!!

  2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Yeah, Keith Olberman really looks at things from both sides.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. New Member
    Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    53
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    140
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    48.75%

    Those are not ammendments and carry no legal or binding authority. It is just his opinion and recommendation. Sort of a this is how I see it.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Question


    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
    Those are not ammendments and carry no legal or binding authority. It is just his opinion and recommendation. Sort of a this is how I see it.

    I should have used the word "addendum" nice catch,
    but...

    So, what is the point then ? It is as if he wants the world to believe that he is the supreme law maker.

    Is it a psychological ploy?

    Is it being used as a tool to create the illusion of the executive branch having more power than congress?

    If the president does not agree with a law he can veto it!

    When Bush tries to execute powers he does not have it challenges our form of government.

    Our governmental system is designed to be capable of handling these challenges, but it makes me wonder why Bush tries to do this type of thing!

    Does he have an agenda beyond his Presidency ?
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Yes, to dominate the world. Everyone run and hide.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Yeah, Keith Olberman really looks at things from both sides.
    Olberman's views/slants aside, all he was doing was reporting on the Government Accountability Office's findings:

    The GAO examined a sample of 19 specific provisions from fiscal year 2006 appropriations acts where Bush took exception with a signing statement. It found the laws passed by Congress were subsequently ignored about 30% of the time.

    "Of these 19 provisions, 10 provisions were executed as written, 6 were not, and 3 were not triggered and so there was no agency action to examine," said the report, which was issued as a letter and signed by GAO General Counsel Gary L. Kepplinger.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    Olberman's views/slants aside, all he was doing was reporting on the Government Accountability Office's findings:
    Yes, I'm sure thats all he was doing.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Yes, I'm sure thats all he was doing.
    When presenting facts, yes that was all he was doing. Now, when commenting on the facts with his subsequent guest I'm sure he leaned a little to the left. But the facts mentioned were indeed facts. thats more than we can ever say about Rush and Hannity now isnt it?


    Of course he never mentions what those 6 violations were. Honestly 5 out the 6 look quite harmless (Not getting reports back to congress in time). The other one I'm not sure about..

    * - The Department of Defense (DOD) did not include as part of the fiscal year 2007 budget submission to Congress separate budget justification documents for the costs of all contingency operations for the Military Personnel, Operation and Maintenance, and Procurement accounts.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    When presenting facts, yes that was all he was doing. Now, when commenting on the facts with his subsequent guest I'm sure he leaned a little to the left. But the facts mentioned were indeed facts. thats more than we can ever say about Rush and Hannity now isnt it?


    Of course he never mentions what those 6 violations were. Honestly 5 out the 6 look quite harmless (Not getting reports back to congress in time). The other one I'm not sure about..

    * - The Department of Defense (DOD) did not include as part of the fiscal year 2007 budget submission to Congress separate budget justification documents for the costs of all contingency operations for the Military Personnel, Operation and Maintenance, and Procurement accounts.


    As you see it. Sorry, I don't. Its an agenda, plain and simple. I mean when it comes to Bush changing and/or ignoring laws you will hear about it all the time with good ol' Keith. When predominantly liberal district and federal courts ignore laws (as they do everyday much like sanctuary cities), you won't see much of that on Keith's show. Even if Bush completely ignored/changed laws he would be doing the same thing thing many liberal judges do every single day. In other words, I don't give a sh!t because it happens on both sides. Bush signs law, ignore parts, judges ignore them completely when they don't agree.

    Rush? Don't list to him and he's not the news. Its a radio opinion show. Hannity? He has Colmes on the other side. Where is Keith's conterpoint? Oh thats right, he never has them.

    If you want the counterpoint there is always

    Olbermann Watch - MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%

    Colmes a counter point to Hannity? I could argue for the left better than that buffoon.
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    Colmes a counter point to Hannity? I could argue for the left better than that buffoon.
    No comment.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. New Member
    Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

    From what I've seen of Keith Olberman, he doesn't even REMOTELY approach the crap you can see routinely on The O Reilly Factor, Glenn Beck, Nancy Grace, etc. And every single news personality has selective reporting. The idea that any news show gives fair representation to all views is ludicrous. The main issue is if the facts cited are correct and in contect.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    From what I've seen of Keith Olberman, he doesn't even REMOTELY approach the crap you can see routinely on The O Reilly Factor, Glenn Beck, Nancy Grace, etc. And every single news personality has selective reporting. The idea that any news show gives fair representation to all views is ludicrous. The main issue is if the facts cited are correct and in contect.
    You forget Brit Hume and anything Republican...at least according to your view.

    Funny you say its crap, the ratings say otherwise.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Liberals trying to use facts to support their delusional arguments is like watching a retard run in the special Olympics.
  15. New Member
    bigSMokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    40.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Liberals trying to use facts to support their delusional arguments is like watching a retard run in the special Olympics.
    Wow, nice point. I like to refer to these as boomerang statements - you tossed it out, but it came back and actually hit you in the head.

    I'm not a liberal, I consider myself a moderate, I'm just so sick of everybody turning a blind eye to the lies and atrocities of this administraion.

    Look at all the new powers Bush and Cheney have pulled into the executive branch. But guess what, if that insane woman becomes our next pres, where do you think that disproportionate new power will lie? Hillary and her V.P. - the new "commander guys" of the US.



    -Chuck Norris does not breathe, he merely permits oxygen and nitrogen molecules to enter his lung space.
  16. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.94%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Liberals trying to use facts to support their delusional arguments is like watching a retard run in the special Olympics.

    Please take that back. Its not funny nor is it respectful to any of our special brothers and sisters to ever be used in an analogy with liberals!.
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    Please take that back. Its not funny nor is it respectful to any of our special brothers and sisters to ever be used in an analogy with liberals!.
    Yes, its very insulting to the gimps and waterheads.
  18. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bigSMokey View Post
    Wow, nice point. I like to refer to these as boomerang statements - you tossed it out, but it came back and actually hit you in the head.

    I'm not a liberal, I consider myself a moderate, I'm just so sick of everybody turning a blind eye to the lies and atrocities of this administraion.

    Look at all the new powers Bush and Cheney have pulled into the executive branch. But guess what, if that insane woman becomes our next pres, where do you think that disproportionate new power will lie? Hillary and her V.P. - the new "commander guys" of the US.



    -Chuck Norris does not breathe, he merely permits oxygen and nitrogen molecules to enter his lung space.
    Great post ! I was beginning to think that the only two choices in life were Bush Administration pundit or liberal !
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by bigSMokey View Post
    I'm not a liberal, I consider myself a moderate, I'm just so sick of everybody turning a blind eye to the lies and atrocities of this administraion.

    Look at all the new powers Bush and Cheney have pulled into the executive branch. But guess what, if that insane woman becomes our next pres, where do you think that disproportionate new power will lie? Hillary and her V.P. - the new "commander guys" of the US.


    I don't think anyone turns a blind eye here. If fact, I think there are more people blinded by hate....the hatred of Bush. If you are Republican, you're with Bush and every policy he's ever made. They don't decipher anything whereas Republicans routinely separate many moderate Democrats from the left wing loons. It just seems more and more of them are leaning more left.....to get elected. That's fine, if it was reversed Republicans would do the same.

    I also think using the terms "lie and atrocities" is pretty ridiculous.

    Considering the political affiliations of most of the news media it wouldn't be inconcevible if what they reported wasn't quite factual. Dan Rather anyone?

    You are sick and tired of so called lies. I am sick and tired of the "blame America" first mentality.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  20. New Member
    spunkles182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    69.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

    Considering the political affiliations of most of the news media it wouldn't be inconcevible if what they reported wasn't quite factual. Dan Rather anyone?
    There was a tax cut rally headed by a local (minneapolis) right wing radio host. well when the news reported on it NBC said there was hundreds in attendance. CBS said dozens in attendance. there was over 3,000 people there at the rally at the capital. and the footage they showed wasnt even from the rally.

    I dont undertand it...
  21. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by spunkles182 View Post
    There was a tax cut rally headed by a local (minneapolis) right wing radio host. well when the news reported on it NBC said there was hundreds in attendance. CBS said dozens in attendance. there was over 3,000 people there at the rally at the capital. and the footage they showed wasnt even from the rally.

    I dont undertand it...
    There isn't a left wing bias...just because.


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  22. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Keith Olbermann should've never left ESPN. He only looked mildly retarted while working for ESPN LOL.
  23. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Keith Olbermann should've never left ESPN. He only looked mildly retarted while working for ESPN LOL.
    I think he is going to be part of the broadcast team for NBC's Sunday night football.
  24. New Member
    Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    You forget Brit Hume and anything Republican...at least according to your view.

    Never seen Brit Hume, but what exactly are you talking about?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Funny you say its crap, the ratings say otherwise.

    "It's popular so it's not crap." OK, the Ashlee Simpson argument. Michael Moore is popular as hell. Does that mean he's not crap, or does it only apply to the right?


    The fact of the matter is that most people pay attention to catchy advertising more so than actual facts. Emotion and crowd control tactics usually are way more popular than making logical arguments. That's why you get things like the quest to ban porn in the 80's or the steroid ignorance that's right now resulting from Benoit's actions.


    I also know quite a few people who watch Bill O Reilly just for the amusement of watching him rant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Considering the political affiliations of most of the news media it wouldn't be inconcevible if what they reported wasn't quite factual. Dan Rather anyone?


    Ok, you have some serious media double standards. I've seen Bill O Reilly lie about his guest's position right after he had his guest on. Blatant lies.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    You are sick and tired of so called lies. I am sick and tired of the "blame America" first mentality.

    Hugo Chavez made an ANTI-militarism speech that praised American citizens but criticized the government. The "liberal media" presented him as someone wanting to wage war on America. Ward Churchill brought up the double standards regarding American atrocities in the Middle East, and the "liberal media" claimed he supported 9/11.


    Why don't you take a look at the rest of the world's media? If you do some research, it will become VERY clear that what you call "the liberal media" has a great pro-American bias. The only question is how much of a bias. The media allows for criticism of one politician or another's METHODS, but not their intentions. It's blatant double standards. They don't scrutinize American leaders to nearly the same degree as they do other world leaders.


    The US media also has a long history of under-estimating the death tolls of American military actions to civilian populations compared to the rest of the world.
  25. New Member
    Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Yes, to dominate the world. Everyone run and hide.

    The US is dominating the world through veto power and puppet control. That's why the creation of Israel was allowed to bypass international law -- the US backed it as their personal military base in the Middle East and as a superpower, they had the influence to overrule international law. Then there's the US' long history of vetoing UN resolutions where they're VASTLY outnumbered. Generally, what the US says goes. That's the real reasoning behind the Iraq war. Control of the oil reserves means veto power over the parts of Europe and Asia that depend on it.


    If you think that politicians invade poor countries that are little threat to us to spread "freedom," you need to study the history a bit more. It is all about holding control over the world, just as it was for France, Rome, England, and all the other hegemonies.
  26. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    The US is dominating the world through veto power and puppet control. That's why the creation of Israel was allowed to bypass international law -- the US backed it as their personal military base in the Middle East and as a superpower, they had the influence to overrule international law. Then there's the US' long history of vetoing UN resolutions where they're VASTLY outnumbered. Generally, what the US says goes. That's the real reasoning behind the Iraq war. Control of the oil reserves means veto power over the parts of Europe and Asia that depend on it.


    If you think that politicians invade poor countries that are little threat to us to spread "freedom," you need to study the history a bit more. It is all about holding control over the world, just as it was for France, Rome, England, and all the other hegemonies.
    WOW! you make anabolicrhino sound sane. At least he attempts to connect his delusions with factual information.
  27. New Member
    rcarracedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    205
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

    bush = worse ever by far.
  28. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    bush = worse ever by far.
    Your post = most worthless by far.

    You lose, try again.
  29. New Member
    rcarracedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    205
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Your post = most worthless by far.

    You lose, try again.
    I've been brought up Republican, have always been Republican ... Capitalist. What we currently have in the White House, whether he/she be Left or Right ... is a Corporatist. Moderates are always elected ... (Clinton, Bush, Regean). They're all out for BIG BUSINESS. A modern age Fascism. In what moral, good hearted, intelligent human being's head fits the notion that the mass massacre of decent innocent people, whether they be American or Iraqui people be good for our country (us as a people). I could understand it if they had been the ones to attack us but they were not. There's no denying that. No WMDs found. Free Trade, Imigration ... No child left behind. When have we ever had such and incompetent individual. This is not a fan club. This is our country. He who has said he wanted to spread Democracy to Iraq has compromised ours (wire tapping, habeas corpus, Abu Ghraib,the list goes on ...) .
    His support of Alberto Gonzales? Remarkable individual our president. Truly powerful. May God forgive him.
  30. New Member
    Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    WOW! you make anabolicrhino sound sane. At least he attempts to connect his delusions with factual information.



    Oh, right. Because random ranting about "the liberal media wants everyone to think the same" is citing facts. In case you didn't notice, I DID cite examples, such as Churchill and Chavez's words being distorted by the media unanimously, including Democrat-biased sources.


    Here's an example of the US veto power:


    http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/20...is3291.doc.htm


    147 countries vote for it, but it doesn't go through because the US, along with US puppet Israel disagree, and the UN abstains. The reasoning given was that "experts claim it couldn't be monitored." Apparently 147 different countries either had crappy experts or they never thought about whether the monitoring of fissile materials was actually possible, and just voted anyway. It couldn't be that the US leaders don't want their own fissile material monitored.


    And of course there's the long list of vetoes on the issue of Palestine:


    http://www.miftah.org/Display.cfm?Do...9&CategoryId=4



    Yeah, the US has no veto power alright. And do you want to get into the large list of "regime change" including installing dictators?


    I can't believe that there are people naive enough to think our leaders are just trying to spread "freedom" and yet claim that people recognizing the POWER issue are the real whackos. Yeah, installing and supplying dictators over democratically elected leaders was all for freedom. Consolidating world power and influence has nothing to do with it. They don't care if other countries grow powerful enough to challenge their influence. Right.
  31. New Member
    rcarracedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    205
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

    What I just can understand is .... if Bush and Co. are so much for spreading democracy ... Why haven't they done something with Castro? ....


    Cuba = Tabaco = $$$
    Iraq = Oil = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$
  32. New Member
    Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

    Castro isn't the best example. There's still an embargo on Cuba due to a grudge left over from the Cold War. There were several terrorist attacks on Castro back then, and in fact the world was virtually brought to nuclear war because of Kennedy's vendetta.

    It was pretty much political imperialism ... If you were a Communist sympathizer, nothing else mattered. That's why the US helped install Augusto Pinochet and the Shah in Iran, and supported Saddam. Being anti-Communist mattered more than how democratic a leader you were. Anti-Communist dictators were favored over democratically elected leaders with Communist leanings.

    A better point to raise is why Bush's people allied with Saddam for so long, even for a brief time after the Cold War was over, as well as Osama in the first place. Or installing dictators and stopping elections in various instances.


    The truth is that most US leaders (and world leaders in general) are for democracy except when it's inconvenient to their strategic and economic goals.
  33. New Member
    rcarracedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    205
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Castro isn't the best example. There's still an embargo on Cuba due to a grudge left over from the Cold War. There were several terrorist attacks on Castro back then, and in fact the world was virtually brought to nuclear war because of Kennedy's vendetta.

    It was pretty much political imperialism ... If you were a Communist sympathizer, nothing else mattered. That's why the US helped install Augusto Pinochet and the Shah in Iran, and supported Saddam. Being anti-Communist mattered more than how democratic a leader you were. Anti-Communist dictators were favored over democratically elected leaders with Communist leanings.

    A better point to raise is why Bush's people allied with Saddam for so long, even for a brief time after the Cold War was over, as well as Osama in the first place. Or installing dictators and stopping elections in various instances.


    The truth is that most US leaders (and world leaders in general) are for democracy except when it's inconvenient to their strategic and economic goals.
    There are so many points! The embargo is irrelevant in bringing democracy to Cuba. We've placed it ... so as I said .... pointless. We started a war and didn't even care what the UN thought. We could finsh with Castro tomorrow ... but what for? I just brought Cuba up to show the hypocracy of the "spreading freedom" 50th defense on going into Iraq. Also, I am of Cuban decent and its close to my heart. Want to talk about desregard for human rights? Cuba is a tragedy.

    I think I read on MSNBC or some other news site that Cheney's stock in Haliburton didn't double, triple or quadruabled ... it multiplied by a factor of 32.

    Why did we go into Iraq?
  34. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    Why did we go into Iraq?
    Because Iraq had the inclination, the stated desire, and some level of capacity to be expansionistic locally, and send attacks at the US. Unlike Cuba or Darfur.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM
  2. hilary - just making it up as she goes !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:19 PM
  3. buyb12 makes it easy...buy here
    By buyb12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 02:47 PM
  4. Well, I think this Sums it up...
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:13 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in