Ron Paul - Why The Gop Needs Change ?

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
This man is the real deal, like I said. I just hope nobody ups and kills him for telling the truth!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
A libertarian in disguise. YES! Libertarianism will one day save this world... if given the chance.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A libertarian in disguise. YES! Libertarianism will one day save this world... if given the chance.
Yeah, he's RINO. Republican In Name Only.

This country actively discourages the formation of 3rd parties. No third party will ever gain any kind of power under the current first past post system with today's kind of information transfer. Might have been possible in the past when it took days or weeks for information to travel across country and what information did travel was limited. But this day and age, the largest share any third party will ever get is 10% in a local, and 1-3% in a national election.

Anyway, that's the reason he isn't an official Libertarian. Because if he called himself a Libertarian people wouldn't vote for him; they only vote for Democrats and Republicans.

What I'd like to see is the Libertarian party give him their Presidential nom though. That way he'll make it past the primaries and at least still be able to keep a lot of important issues on the table. That would force the 2 main candidates to address those issues.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I saw his interview on the daily show and the guy actually impressed me, which says a lot considering that I think most are scum.