Wtf - Bush Made Himself Dictator On May 9th ???

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jatpX6kuxHQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Its called National Security Presidential Directive 51

Any 911-type sh*t goes down and GWB is the Dictator of the the United States of America. He would control the Congress and the Judicial branch as well as his elected power as chief executive!

This is the official White House press release

Google NSPD 51 and see what's up !

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
duh. i brought that up before lol, where were the libs on this one!!! haha even I don't want the pres. having some of these powers haha

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this is scary, but consider this...his father was one of three men in the 80's (the others were Donald Rumsfeld and **** Cheney) to work on a plan that was a contingency effort in case of a NUCLEAR attack on American soil. And get this, if you go to the link below, you will find an article about the internment camps Bush has already contracted people to build "in case of emergency".

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55925

This is a warning my friends, from me to you. I hope I am wrong, but if some crazy stuff goes down in this country before the next election, don't believe what they tell you about what happened. Get the hell out of here. It is all coming to a head, and frankly, unless we manage to somehow get Ron Paul into office, we are all doomed to be worse off than the Brits. This is real.

I am not a paranoid person. There is just so much information on cia.gov about government sponsored terrorism. And yes, 9/11 was very obviously that in my opinion. The Gulf of Tonkin. Nuff said.

If you are going to leave, you'd better do it before they put the Real ID into effect, or you may not be able to get out. And leaving may be a good idea, though I'm not sure that's what I will do.

I hope I am wrong, that's all I'm saying.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I was a sleep at the wheel ! Thanks for waking me up !

The scary part is it may not be Bush who uses this power, it could be Cheney or Hillary 2009 !!!

either way we are seriously being set up for something big !

http://newworldrhinos.blogspot.com/2007/05/wtf-national-security-directive-51.html
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I've been driving myself crazy over this stuff for the last few weeks. I just can't even decide what the most feasible course of action for me to take is. I have no money or status, so I can't even DO anything. How can we avoid this...:whip: :numbered: ?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what the ****...

this is seriously becoming scary. he is setting everything up for him to literally take over the country.

all he needs is another "catastophic event". mark my words, its in the making

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
I am not a paranoid person. There is just so much information on cia.gov about government sponsored terrorism. And yes, 9/11 was very obviously that in my opinion. The Gulf of Tonkin. Nuff said.
What's really scary is that the Tonkin incident is often used as the example of a self-inflicted wound because it was also a U.S.-backed incident. However, the Reichstag Fire is even more similar to the WTC attacks - in many respects. Except that Adolf Hitler did it.

I've been driving myself crazy over this stuff for the last few weeks.
It happens, man. Everyone I know who found out the truth about Sept11, and the rest of these unprecedented events, has been changed. The truth hurts, I know, but people have got to take a look around.

I just can't even decide what the most feasible course of action for me to take is. I have no money or status, so I can't even DO anything. How can we avoid this...
Bro, the best thing you can do is spread the word. The best course is to do it calmly and respectfully, otherwise even people close to you will be less apt to believe. That's all we've got left.

But more specific to the question you asked - what can we do? Well, everyone needs to take a step back and just look at all the evidence regarding these crimes that the administration has committed. Stop lying to yourself. Like I said, the truth hurts, but we are going to have to face it sooner or later, so we might as well face up while we can still act. DON'T believe Popular Mechanics, DON'T listen to Fox News, DON'T believe the right-wing pundits and web editorials. They have an agenda and they are lying!

And of course pray. No matter what your religion, know that there is a higher power and that our great country gravely needs their help.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I've been driving myself crazy over this stuff for the last few weeks. I just can't even decide what the most feasible course of action for me to take is. I have no money or status, so I can't even DO anything. How can we avoid this...:whip: :numbered: ?
There are plenty of people who are concerned about all the constitutional irregularities that this nation has endured since the Neocons first started showing up in bunches during the Reagan years!

A lot of people were woken up by 911, but this is also when a lot of people started to put their head in the sand, myself included.

I had been concerned during the Reagan-Bush I campaigns, but had really relaxed too much during Clinton reign. A lot of what's hitting the fan right now was started by Bill Clinton.

Then 911 seemed surreal, but I started watching the news like everybody else and I started to just let the "we live in an age of terror" go unchallenged. I did not question "who" was terrorizing us!

Thankfully there were many concerned citizens, mostly people under 30, who did research on the internet and used declassified US government documents to "connect some dots"

They woke me up from my slumber,Right around the time the Matrix Reloaded movie was released(Nov 2003) I saw it from the front row at a 60 foot IMAX theatre in NYC. It really left an impression. There is also some "clues and hints" in Star Wars3 Revenge of the Sith and V for Vendetta!

Our system of "checks and balances" does work very well
at preventing our government from becoming a fascist dictatorship.

However, it is being challenged by the people who are in the positions of leadership.

So, what you can do is stay informed, use the internet, not the mainstream media and spread the word.

The battle for your mind is eternal and we must remain vigilant!
(I borrowed that from Bush!)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who hopes a President actually goes this far? The apathy in this country is sickening and sadly it will take something like this (or a Draft) to wake all these people who sleep walk through their lives thinking the good 'ol US of A is doing great. like they say, ignorance is Bliss. I would love for the government to do something that awakens the sleeping majority and forces the radical wings back into the shadows.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I just re-read Eisenhowers Military-Complex speech given in 1961. Its amazing how well this speech fits in the present time....

My fellow Americans:

Three days from now, after half a century in the service of our country, I shall lay down the responsibilities of office as, in traditional and solemn ceremony, the authority of the Presidency is vested in my successor.

This evening I come to you with a message of leave-taking and farewell, and to share a few final thoughts with you, my countrymen.

Like every other citizen, I wish the new President, and all who will labor with him, Godspeed. I pray that the coming years will be blessed with peace and prosperity for all.

Our people expect their President and the Congress to find essential agreement on issues of great moment, the wise resolution of which will better shape the future of the Nation.

My own relations with the Congress, which began on a remote and tenuous basis when, long ago, a member of the Senate appointed me to West Point, have since ranged to the intimate during the war and immediate post-war period, and, finally, to the mutually interdependent during these past eight years.

In this final relationship, the Congress and the Administration have, on most vital issues, cooperated well, to serve the national good rather than mere partisanship, and so have assured that the business of the Nation should go forward. So, my official relationship with the Congress ends in a feeling, on my part, of gratitude that we have been able to do so much together.

II.

We now stand ten years past the midpoint of a century that has witnessed four major wars among great nations. Three of these involved our own country. Despite these holocausts America is today the strongest, the most influential and most productive nation in the world. Understandably proud of this pre-eminence, we yet realize that America's leadership and prestige depend, not merely upon our unmatched material progress, riches and military strength, but on how we use our power in the interests of world peace and human betterment.

III.

Throughout America's adventure in free government, our basic purposes have been to keep the peace; to foster progress in human achievement, and to enhance liberty, dignity and integrity among people and among nations. To strive for less would be unworthy of a free and religious people. Any failure traceable to arrogance, or our lack of comprehension or readiness to sacrifice would inflict upon us grievous hurt both at home and abroad.

Progress toward these noble goals is persistently threatened by the conflict now engulfing the world. It commands our whole attention, absorbs our very beings. We face a hostile ideology -- global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose, and insidious in method. Unhappily the danger is poses promises to be of indefinite duration. To meet it successfully, there is called for, not so much the emotional and transitory sacrifices of crisis, but rather those which enable us to carry forward steadily, surely, and without complaint the burdens of a prolonged and complex struggle -- with liberty the stake. Only thus shall we remain, despite every provocation, on our charted course toward permanent peace and human betterment.

Crises there will continue to be. In meeting them, whether foreign or domestic, great or small, there is a recurring temptation to feel that some spectacular and costly action could become the miraculous solution to all current difficulties. A huge increase in newer elements of our defense; development of unrealistic programs to cure every ill in agriculture; a dramatic expansion in basic and applied research -- these and many other possibilities, each possibly promising in itself, may be suggested as the only way to the road we wish to travel.

But each proposal must be weighed in the light of a broader consideration: the need to maintain balance in and among national programs -- balance between the private and the public economy, balance between cost and hoped for advantage -- balance between the clearly necessary and the comfortably desirable; balance between our essential requirements as a nation and the duties imposed by the nation upon the individual; balance between actions of the moment and the national welfare of the future. Good judgment seeks balance and progress; lack of it eventually finds imbalance and frustration.

The record of many decades stands as proof that our people and their government have, in the main, understood these truths and have responded to them well, in the face of stress and threat. But threats, new in kind or degree, constantly arise. I mention two only.

IV.

A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present

* and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientifictechnological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society.

V.

Another factor in maintaining balance involves the element of time. As we peer into society's future, we -- you and I, and our government -- must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow.

VI.

Down the long lane of the history yet to be written America knows that this world of ours, ever growing smaller, must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.

Such a confederation must be one of equals. The weakest must come to the conference table with the same confidence as do we, protected as we are by our moral, economic, and military strength. That table, though scarred by many past frustrations, cannot be abandoned for the certain agony of the battlefield.

Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war -- as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years -- I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight.

Happily, I can say that war has been avoided. Steady progress toward our ultimate goal has been made. But, so much remains to be done. As a private citizen, I shall never cease to do what little I can to help the world advance along that road.

VII.

So -- in this my last good night to you as your President -- I thank you for the many opportunities you have given me for public service in war and peace. I trust that in that service you find some things worthy; as for the rest of it, I know you will find ways to improve performance in the future.

You and I -- my fellow citizens -- need to be strong in our faith that all nations, under God, will reach the goal of peace with justice. May we be ever unswerving in devotion to principle, confident but humble with power, diligent in pursuit of the Nation's great goals.

To all the peoples of the world, I once more give expression to America's prayerful and continuing aspiration:

We pray that peoples of all faiths, all races, all nations, may have their great human needs satisfied; that those now denied opportunity shall come to enjoy it to the full; that all who yearn for freedom may experience its spiritual blessings; that those who have freedom will understand, also, its heavy responsibilities; that all who are insensitive to the needs of others will learn charity; that the scourges of poverty, disease and ignorance will be made to disappear from the earth, and that, in the goodness of time, all peoples will come to live together in a peace guaranteed by the binding force of mutual respect and love.

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
Am I the only one who hopes a President actually goes this far?
No your not. Not by a long shot. And that's what has most of the large nations in the are world so worried. Not just Russia and China, but also our allies (though allies to a lesser extent since the Bush crimes) in western Europe.

The apathy in this country is sickening
You are correct, many Americans gave up part of their Constitutional rights without even batting an eye, or even knowing that they did for that matter.

I would love for the government to do something that awakens the sleeping majority and forces the radical wings back into the shadows.
Most people are thinking they could be planning a state-sponsored nuclear attack! Even Newt Gingrich has said he is concerned about "losing a city" at the hands of the **TERRORISTS**. So you would condone a false-flag nuclear attack on an American city?! Perhaps I misunderstood, but the bulk of the context in this thread suggests that's what your saying.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Most people are thinking they could be planning a state-sponsored nuclear attack! Even Newt Gingrich has said he is concerned about "losing a city" at the hands of the **TERRORISTS**. So you would condone a false-flag nuclear attack on an American city?! Perhaps I misunderstood, but the bulk of the context in this thread suggests that's what your saying.
Where did i say that? my point was that it would take a major move by our government that restricts the rights of its people before the masses will step up and regect the insane policies of the radical wings. And sorry, half the crap that comes of Newts mouth when talking about foreign affairs i just simply ignore...much like that of Dennis Kucinich's. I'm much more concerened over Irans attempt to get a Nuke than the **TERRORISTS**. Iran obviously has the ability where as the **TERRORISTS** have been trying to get their hands on one since the collapse of the sovient union. Granted, it would be a huge problem, especially in Pakistan but there's no evidence that its a major threat at this point...at least from what I've read and heard.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I see a nucelar attack. That is my prediction. I hope I am wrong, but I am telling people. They think I'm crazy, but if I'm right and just single handedly predicted the greatest tragedy to hit our country, they will remember the conversation.

It does sound crazy, and no one wants to hear it. It seems obvious to me. I hope I'm wrong though.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't sound like you hope you're wrong because you're wanting people to believe you and the only way they would is if this event happened. While I believe there's a lot of crap that goes down behind close doors I doubt some of the things that are mentioned here would or could be orchestrated by anything other than a few nutjobs. Not some huge conspiracy.

There are so many liberal/conservative/republican/democrat/other working along side each other in the gov't that nothing like this on the scale of 911 would be able to be done. For those of you that think there's any difference in Congress or above when it comes to platforms are delusional at best. The ONLY difference is where the funding comes from. I look at the political gov't just like wrestling...It's for entertainment purposes only.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like you hope you're wrong because you're wanting people to believe you and the only way they would is if this event happened. While I believe there's a lot of crap that goes down behind close doors I doubt some of the things that are mentioned here would or could be orchestrated by anything other than a few nutjobs. Not some huge conspiracy.

There are so many liberal/conservative/republican/democrat/other working along side each other in the gov't that nothing like this on the scale of 911 would be able to be done. For those of you that think there's any difference in Congress or above when it comes to platforms are delusional at best. The ONLY difference is where the funding comes from. I look at the political gov't just like wrestling...It's for entertainment purposes only.
I agree with your last point. The parties are the same. But to say that I want government sponsored terrorism is an attack on me, frankly. I tell people, leaving the argument being shunned. They say I am just being paranoid or that I do not know what I am talking about. I expect this. But IF IT HAPPENS, they will remember the conversation, and then they will question what they see on TV. They may even be inspired to get away from the situation. It is the best I can do for a situation I believe is honestly real. Look at what Bush is doing, man!

Then again, let me digress and assume your right. You say that I just want to be right. If that is the case, then the deaths do not matter to me. In essence, you are calling me a conspiracy theorist with no shame. You are assuming that I live to have the 1 UP on everybody else when it comes to "secret" information. Guess what, it's all right there if you look.

This is fruitless, because you are right, it is just projection. I really don't know if it will happen or not. It is just that most people don't realize that the government has admitted to committing acts of terrorism, or "false flag" operations. I guess I just worry too much.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
The ****ty thing is even if there was a massive uprising in the USA, the Government would still win. Hands down, with total ease.

You know how big of a percentage of Americans are very overweight? You know how small of a percentage of American Military is overweight?

You know how little training the average person who owns a gun, has with a gun? You know how hard it is for a person to even hit a target 30-40 feet infront of them with a gun, if they have no training?

I'm sorry but the sad depressing truth of the matter is, the average modern day American citizen is not fit to take back his country and overthrow his Government. Even when you put them all together.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
This is fruitless, because you are right, it is just projection. I really don't know if it will happen or not. It is just that most people don't realize that the government has admitted to committing acts of terrorism, or "false flag" operations. I guess I just worry too much.
Its not fruitless if it gets you to think about alternative realities and alternative endings to doom like scenarios. It is fruitless if they get you to "worry too much", because that is what shuts down the thought process.

You may be interested in the HEGELIAN DIALECTIC

It basically states that society is controlled by synthesizing
everything from two extremes, thereby uniting the most people with the most similar opinions.

The trick is by creating the two extremes the ruling elite can direct society towards a predetermined synthesized objective.

If the world ever starts to feel synthetic or surreal its because it has been artificially synthesized. You know like American Idol !

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately this is a society of extremes and that is the reason, I believe that we have these issues to begin with. Nothing seems fun about being moderate(I guess).

Thrall, it wasn't a personal attack on you per se. I don't know enough about you or your beliefs to assume anything other than what I had read. I am saying that your current argument in the way you phrased it "looks" like you just want to be right because it seems you're looking for an I told you so victory. I think we need people to question things around them and to have hightened senses of conspiracy but I also believe those should be in the minority just like with the opposite extremes. The majority has to be the ones in the middle who can sample the extremes and get a hodge podge of information to make a sound decision...Because simply, at some point both extremes will be right at some point.

Just my personal ramblings so don't take any offense to it. I respect anyone's beliefs and opinions as long as they can do the same.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that the American People are apathetic, I think they are confused and direction less, they don't individually know what to do about it.

Vote for other guy, the other wing of the same bad bird? ***** from the sidelines some more?

They should be actively supporting alternative parties, maybe if parties like the Libertarian would organize a credible rebellion with tactics like a tax revolt, they would, maybe they or someone else will, for now it's being done on a covert individual level.

At this point, those who are most able to affect change are doing so, in their own individual responses to the authorities, and watching to see which way the winds blow before joining a cause, if it arises.

IMO, it's about the money, it's always about the money, if enough economic distress comes down on the play by the rules middle class backbone of this country, things will get fierce in a hurry, but I can't say how that would or will play out.

@TheTom

If and when there is a popular uprising against the government, it would'nt be an all of the security forces against all of the uprisers situation, a substantial portion of the current and ex military and law enforcement would side with the rebels. I believe and hope, anyway.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
you also have to consider most people consider the mainstream media, which is clearly "filtered" so to speak, as the only legit source of media. plenty of people out there have no idea that things like the original post are going on and see some of these websites with alternative media to be run by nutjobs, especially the older generation that isn't as familiar with technology

for a lot of people, if CNN or Fox news doesn't report out bush doing this, they'll never know, even people who watch the news quite often

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
you also have to consider most people consider the mainstream media, which is clearly "filtered" so to speak, as the only legit source of media. plenty of people out there have no idea that things like the original post are going on and see some of these websites with alternative media to be run by nutjobs, especially the older generation that isn't as familiar with technology

for a lot of people, if CNN or Fox news doesn't report out bush doing this, they'll never know, even people who watch the news quite often
It's funny, the older population seems to think that the internet is propaganda, and that the TV and newspapers are the real deal. The newspaper is admittedly more honest, but TV rules the world now. Who would have guessed.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yep, exactly. many either think that internet sources aren't credible, which is true for some, or they are like my grandparents and probably have no clue whatsoever how to even use the internet. They are also the ones who vote at the highest rate

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
yep, exactly. many either think that internet sources aren't credible, which is true for some, or they are like my grandparents and probably have no clue whatsoever how to even use the internet. They are also the ones who vote at the highest rate
That's because people are indoctrinated in their youth by their parents and the education system to respect authority by not questioning the doctrine.

Most people stop having original thoughts by high school.

Then the system conditions you through the media to be an obedient consumer.

Values are established by the advertising media that make you define you self worth through consumerism

Just when you start to question the "life style" it is reinforced by
false paradigms like sports and entertainment, as well as the disinformation that is the mainstream news!

..and the internet is not immune to the reach of advertising!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
No, the internet is king of advertising! But, is it as catchy as television advertising? I would say admittedly not.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No, the internet is king of advertising! But, is it as catchy as television advertising? I would say admittedly not.

On the internet, I don't see the advertisement per se, the brain must filter out the flashing banners and pop-ups. On TV, the commercials ARE the entertainment in many cases. I can tell you all three Geico commercial storylines (caveman, gecko, mike walace) but not one story line from an actual sitcom. Geico advertises heavily during races and ball games I guess!

And just back to the main issue, the American people will not care if GWB usurps power, as long as he 'protects' them from the enemy. This is why Rudy Guilliani is a sure bet for our next president even though conservatives don't really value his platform. Rudy can 'protect' us, he has faced terror and responded to the challenge. The American sheeple is really what it comes down to. Years of training to think alike, join the 'melting pot', and go team USA.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The ****ty thing is even if there was a massive uprising in the USA, the Government would still win. Hands down, with total ease.
So a few thousand terrorists can really **** with our troops in Iraq, but a few million armed Americans can't do it here?

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
It's not that there aren't enough of us, I just think that most of us will give up our arms when they tell us to. If an "emergency" happens that is extreme enough, it could happen. The little people just aren't united enough to make a difference. Or at least, that's what I would project would happen. They will say "hand it over", and if people are scared enough, they will.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So a few thousand terrorists can really **** with our troops in Iraq, but a few million armed Americans can't do it here?
Any armed resistance on the home front would meet with the massive forces from the local, county, state, and federal police - not to mention the combined armed forces of the USA.
The police could easily go house to house and confiscate weapons from innocent citizens, as they DID during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and arrest anyone who resists, as they DID during that emergency. In Iraq, the insurgents are viewed as rebels fighting foreign invaders, here rebels would be viewed as criminals and outcasts from society. Honestly, how many of the people would really stand by the old phrase "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands?" Not many.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Any armed resistance on the home front would meet with the massive forces from the local, county, state, and federal police - not to mention the combined armed forces of the USA.
The police could easily go house to house and confiscate weapons from innocent citizens, as they DID during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and arrest anyone who resists, as they DID during that emergency. In Iraq, the insurgents are viewed as rebels fighting foreign invaders, here rebels would be viewed as criminals and outcasts from society. Honestly, how many of the people would really stand by the old phrase "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands?" Not many.
Perhaps, but the very situation you guys are positting is the one where enough people are pissed off enough to do something

Rufio

Awards
Honestly, I think getting news like this out and putting it into mainstream culture is the way to go. Look at the various civil rights movements in America. It took several decades to make much progress but eventually it couldn't be stopped. This is despite the fact that at one point almost the entire US government was openly prejudiced and you would only be charged with violating civil rights if you killed a person who's a minority.

It'd be great to get someone like Ron Paul elected, but it's more important to get people informed and put pressure on whoever's in office.

Also you have to realize that this is nothing new. Abraham Lincoln violated the constitution more than any other president. The big thing is to get people just as suspicious of their own country's real motives as they are of, say Iran or North Korea's.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Also you have to realize that this is nothing new. Abraham Lincoln violated the constitution more than any other president. The big thing is to get people just as suspicious of their own country's real motives as they are of, say Iran or North Korea's.
Kind of hard to do that with the government maintaining a virtual monopoly on education, and especially when the majority of people want it that way.

Rufio

Awards
I like to get people to read some Noam Chomsky myself, especially his small, to the point books like 9-11 and What Uncle Sam Really Wants. He cites his sources and although he has his own angle, he's not prejudiced between Democrats and Republicans. He devotes almost as much time to Clinton's atrocities as Bush's.

I like his approach, which relies on large-scale activism. There is a lot of activism going on right now that gets little coverage, the protest of the G-8 summit notwithstanding.

Rufio

Awards
Orlando Bosch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bush dynasty and the Cuban criminals | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited
Orlando Bosch Ávila - U.S. Terrorism in the Americas

I like to point out this pardon along with the protection of Luis Posado Carrilles (although his guilt isn't as fully proven, but the case against him is as stacked as for your typical Al Qaeda terrorist) when people speak about the US being committed to fighting terrorism. Then I bring up the alliance with Saudi Arabia, which is more totalitarian than Iran, when people talk about US foreign policy being motivated by freedom. To top it off, I'll also mention things like the US-backed coups in Chile and Iran, which replaced somewhat more democratic governments with stricter totalitarian government structures.

If you remember a few cases like that, it's pretty easy to demonstrate that the government isn't really motivated by our national ideology, but by money and power. Just knowing that we've supported terrorists and dictatorships should get the average person thinking.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry but the sad depressing truth of the matter is, the average modern day American citizen is not fit to take back his country and overthrow his Government. Even when you put them all together.
I disagree, when push comes to shove and if anyone invades this country, you should bet ur ass us ****ing americans would show them who the **** we are. I know I would.

Honestly, how many of the people would really stand by the old phrase "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands?" Not many.
You bet your ass I would.

I personally think its sad america lets all this crap happen. We are the people, we made what america is today, technology, goverment etc and we should be able to take it away when some idiot is in charge. Cant do **** though because people dont care, and 5,000 people wont change something. Find 20million people and march right up to the white house door and DEMAND correction or GTFO:bruce2: Just shoot the ******* in the head and be done with it before this country ends up like mexico

Rufio

Awards
Wait, what's wrong with Mexico aside from the fact that their economy sucks? I'm more worried about the US government becoming more and more of a partial democracy, kinda like Iran.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Well if people stopped being a push over this **** wouldnt happen. But then of course you speak to loudly you will end up in cuba.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Wow, its no wonder everyone hates americans. What the hell have we gotten ourselves into. I got 55 more years:sad:

Anyone want to buy a state or something and make it our own country?