Michael Moore's - Sicko ??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Michael Moore's - Sicko ???

  1. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Question Michael Moore's - Sicko ???



  2. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    899

    Reputation

    I personally dislike michael moore with a very strong passion. I understand the points he is trying to get across, and his movies are entertaining, but they are just movies and not documentaries. Once you start faking scenes, splicing speeches to change what people say so it fits your movie, purposely manipulating facts to get your point across, you lose credibility as a documentary. I can't believe the guy won an award for best "documentary" for bowling for columbine. I would have thought his career would have been over with that movie once it was brought to public attention that part of the movie was not faked and he edited half of his "facts" to fit what he wanted.

    I'll still probably see his new movie eventually just to see what its all about.
  3. New Member
    semper60003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    100

    Reputation

    i'm sort of looking forward to this movie
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Vinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    161

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05 View Post
    I personally dislike michael moore with a very strong passion. I understand the points he is trying to get across, and his movies are entertaining, but they are just movies and not documentaries. Once you start faking scenes, splicing speeches to change what people say so it fits your movie, purposely manipulating facts to get your point across, you lose credibility as a documentary. I can't believe the guy won an award for best "documentary" for bowling for columbine. I would have thought his career would have been over with that movie once it was brought to public attention that part of the movie was not faked and he edited half of his "facts" to fit what he wanted.

    I'll still probably see his new movie eventually just to see what its all about.

    I agree he mixes truth with distorted half "truths" to make his point but libs do that .
    However more people die each year in America from lack of health care or substandard health care than ALL the terrorists attacks combined thus Moore has a point.
    I agree Social health care should be a must . I have great health care many dont and thats wrong.
    Though I am mostly conservative I am voting on that issue next election.
  5. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    899

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I agree he mixes truth with distorted half "truths" to make his point but libs do that .
    However more people die each year in America from lack of health care or substandard health care than ALL the terrorists attacks combined thus Moore has a point.
    I agree Social health care should be a must . I have great health care many dont and thats wrong.
    Though I am mostly conservative I am voting on that issue next election.

    I agree with moore on the fact that something needs to be done, i just think his way of trying to do stuff by deceiving is just plain wrong. also i think he is arrogant beyond belief.
  6. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Post


    Michael Moore's movie, along with every other movie ever made is conceived and edited to express the view point of the film maker.

    It is a good idea to keep these facts in mind whenever we watch
    any type of media.

    Our lives are filled with biased information, it is up to each individual to make their own decision based on what they believe to be true.

    When in doubt we should always be skeptical and we should explore the facts ourselves whenever possible!
  7. New Member
    Vinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    161

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05 View Post
    I agree with moore on the fact that something needs to be done, i just think his way of trying to do stuff by deceiving is just plain wrong. also i think he is arrogant beyond belief.

    I agree he does deceive. Most liberals deceive but than again so do most Conservatives.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Michael Moore Schools The Wolf !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
  2. Michael Moore's - Sicko !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
  3. GI Sues Michael Moore for $85 Million
    By MaynardMeek in forum Politics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
  4. moore and chirac the perfect couple
    By MadChild in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in