Republicans To Bush - See Ya !!!

  1. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

  2. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Politics. Doesn't matter what side. They will eat their young to stay in office.
  3. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

    It was just good 'ol political showmanship. Now idiots like my Congressman, Jim Walsh, can come home and say "hey i took my concerns to the president and did my part". Never mind the last 5 years when they sat with their thumbs up their ass.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Politics. Doesn't matter what side. They will eat their young to stay in office.
    Apparently they will sacrifice the good of the world, the country and the middle east to stay in office. Quite pathetic really.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Apparently they will sacrifice the good of the world, the country and the middle east to stay in office. Quite pathetic really.
    Its actually pathetic that you believe leaving Iraq means the end of the world. What happens when the Iraqi government beats everyone to the punch and votes for a timetable for us to leave? Are we going to ignore it and officially become an occupying force? Its obvious that you've put very little thought into the matter other than the crap thats fed to you by the neo-cons.
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27399
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If we leave Iraq:

    It will be a great victory for the most dangerous ideology on earth today. The people running North Korea are presumably as evil as the Islamists. But there is no ideology emanating from North Korea that threatens mankind. We are fighting an ideology, supported by millions of people, that wishes to conquer the world and routinely engages in mass murder of the innocent -- especially the innocent -- to achieve its totalitarian goals.

    No one will trust America's commitment for the foreseeable future. Nations and forces aligned with America against freedom-hating enemies will conclude that it is actually quite easy to defeat the United States of America. Just kill relatively few of that country's soldiers, and the U.S.A. will soon abandon you.

    The very best Iraqis -- and members of their families -- will be slaughtered like animals.

    It will mean the end of the possibility of the rise of a moderate form of Islam for the foreseeable future, perhaps generations. In the Arab/Muslim world, might is revered, and the victorious Islamists will therefore be revered. Moreover, they will have earned the right to claim that they constitute an unstoppable force. If America, the most powerful country in the world, surrenders to them because the Islamists murder fellow Muslims and killed the indescribably tragic but militarily small total of 3,000 soldiers in four years -- one-one-hundredth the losses the U.S. experienced in World War II -- who in the Muslim world will stand up to them?

    Iraq will turn into a far more potent terror base than Afghanistan could ever be. One of the major powers of the Arab world, one of the most oil-rich countries in the world, may well be ruled by jihadists.

    Moderate Arab regimes will likely be overthrown by a combination of an emboldened Iran and an Islamist Iraq that regards moderate Arabs and Muslims as loathsome as, if not more so than, Americans and Jews. It is almost inconceivable, for example, that the Jordanian monarchy would long survive an American defeat in Iraq.

    The American military will suffer a crisis of morale that it will not soon overcome. Though defeated not by the Islamist enemy but by the American Left -- most particularly the Democratic Party and the mainstream news media -- it will be hard to convince many people to join or stay in the U.S. military. Why bother? Even if you do a great job, if you haven't done it all -- whatever 'all' means in a place like Iraq -- you will be told that you lost the war.

    And those who have heretofore murdered fellow Muslims will focus their attention on murdering us. The left dismisses the argument that it is far better to fight them in Iraq than in Europe and America. But the dismissal is simply irrational. The people we are fighting, including Osama bin Laden and all the variations on al Qaeda, know that the battle for Iraq is the battle for their future -- that if they win in Iraq, they win all over the Middle East and beyond; that if they lose there, America and the West win.

    But none of this matters to the Left because Democrats and others on the Left do not ask what will happen if America leaves Iraq. They are certain that the war was wrong, and that, in addition to handing George W. Bush and the Republicans a defeat, is what they seem to care about.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    If we leave Iraq:

    It will be a great victory for the most dangerous ideology on earth today. The people running North Korea are presumably as evil as the Islamists. But there is no ideology emanating from North Korea that threatens mankind. We are fighting an ideology, supported by millions of people, that wishes to conquer the world and routinely engages in mass murder of the innocent -- especially the innocent -- to achieve its totalitarian goals.

    No one will trust America's commitment for the foreseeable future. Nations and forces aligned with America against freedom-hating enemies will conclude that it is actually quite easy to defeat the United States of America. Just kill relatively few of that country's soldiers, and the U.S.A. will soon abandon you.

    The very best Iraqis -- and members of their families -- will be slaughtered like animals.

    It will mean the end of the possibility of the rise of a moderate form of Islam for the foreseeable future, perhaps generations. In the Arab/Muslim world, might is revered, and the victorious Islamists will therefore be revered. Moreover, they will have earned the right to claim that they constitute an unstoppable force. If America, the most powerful country in the world, surrenders to them because the Islamists murder fellow Muslims and killed the indescribably tragic but militarily small total of 3,000 soldiers in four years -- one-one-hundredth the losses the U.S. experienced in World War II -- who in the Muslim world will stand up to them?

    Iraq will turn into a far more potent terror base than Afghanistan could ever be. One of the major powers of the Arab world, one of the most oil-rich countries in the world, may well be ruled by jihadists.

    Moderate Arab regimes will likely be overthrown by a combination of an emboldened Iran and an Islamist Iraq that regards moderate Arabs and Muslims as loathsome as, if not more so than, Americans and Jews. It is almost inconceivable, for example, that the Jordanian monarchy would long survive an American defeat in Iraq.

    The American military will suffer a crisis of morale that it will not soon overcome. Though defeated not by the Islamist enemy but by the American Left -- most particularly the Democratic Party and the mainstream news media -- it will be hard to convince many people to join or stay in the U.S. military. Why bother? Even if you do a great job, if you haven't done it all -- whatever 'all' means in a place like Iraq -- you will be told that you lost the war.

    And those who have heretofore murdered fellow Muslims will focus their attention on murdering us. The left dismisses the argument that it is far better to fight them in Iraq than in Europe and America. But the dismissal is simply irrational. The people we are fighting, including Osama bin Laden and all the variations on al Qaeda, know that the battle for Iraq is the battle for their future -- that if they win in Iraq, they win all over the Middle East and beyond; that if they lose there, America and the West win.

    But none of this matters to the Left because Democrats and others on the Left do not ask what will happen if America leaves Iraq. They are certain that the war was wrong, and that, in addition to handing George W. Bush and the Republicans a defeat, is what they seem to care about.
    You sound like **** Cheney. You say the Dems dont ask what will happen if we leave but I dont hear anyone from the right telling us what it will be like if we stay? BTW your scenerio up there is not supported by all the Intelligence experts and is nothing more than a theory. I'm not saying its wrong cause I obviously dont know either way.

    The morale of the US military has been going down for the past few years and a recent poll found that the majority of the soldiers over there dont even know who they are fighting. Is that the democrats fault too? Or maybe the earlier deployments and lengthened tours have something do with it?

    I was all for the democratization of Iraq. If successful it would have altered the course of history for the better. But sadly I and others believe that it is now impossible to achieve that goal. Part of the reason for failure was because of mistakes by this administration and I simply cant trust them to make the right ones in the future. They've just been wrong too many times. Keep in mind that I say this administration, not the republicans as a whole. Unlike many in todays partisan enivornment I don't reject those who have different views or opinions. In the end, at least imho, winning the war on terror means more than just invading countries and occupying them until the end of days.
  8. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    If we leave Iraq:

    It will be a great victory for the most dangerous ideology on earth today. The people running North Korea are presumably as evil as the Islamists. But there is no ideology emanating from North Korea that threatens mankind. We are fighting an ideology, supported by millions of people, that wishes to conquer the world and routinely engages in mass murder of the innocent -- especially the innocent -- to achieve its totalitarian goals.

    No one will trust America's commitment for the foreseeable future. Nations and forces aligned with America against freedom-hating enemies will conclude that it is actually quite easy to defeat the United States of America. Just kill relatively few of that country's soldiers, and the U.S.A. will soon abandon you.

    The very best Iraqis -- and members of their families -- will be slaughtered like animals.

    It will mean the end of the possibility of the rise of a moderate form of Islam for the foreseeable future, perhaps generations. In the Arab/Muslim world, might is revered, and the victorious Islamists will therefore be revered. Moreover, they will have earned the right to claim that they constitute an unstoppable force. If America, the most powerful country in the world, surrenders to them because the Islamists murder fellow Muslims and killed the indescribably tragic but militarily small total of 3,000 soldiers in four years -- one-one-hundredth the losses the U.S. experienced in World War II -- who in the Muslim world will stand up to them?

    Iraq will turn into a far more potent terror base than Afghanistan could ever be. One of the major powers of the Arab world, one of the most oil-rich countries in the world, may well be ruled by jihadists.

    Moderate Arab regimes will likely be overthrown by a combination of an emboldened Iran and an Islamist Iraq that regards moderate Arabs and Muslims as loathsome as, if not more so than, Americans and Jews. It is almost inconceivable, for example, that the Jordanian monarchy would long survive an American defeat in Iraq.

    The American military will suffer a crisis of morale that it will not soon overcome. Though defeated not by the Islamist enemy but by the American Left -- most particularly the Democratic Party and the mainstream news media -- it will be hard to convince many people to join or stay in the U.S. military. Why bother? Even if you do a great job, if you haven't done it all -- whatever 'all' means in a place like Iraq -- you will be told that you lost the war.

    And those who have heretofore murdered fellow Muslims will focus their attention on murdering us. The left dismisses the argument that it is far better to fight them in Iraq than in Europe and America. But the dismissal is simply irrational. The people we are fighting, including Osama bin Laden and all the variations on al Qaeda, know that the battle for Iraq is the battle for their future -- that if they win in Iraq, they win all over the Middle East and beyond; that if they lose there, America and the West win.

    But none of this matters to the Left because Democrats and others on the Left do not ask what will happen if America leaves Iraq. They are certain that the war was wrong, and that, in addition to handing George W. Bush and the Republicans a defeat, is what they seem to care about.

    Finally a sane rational person that uses solid thinking!
  9. Banned
    MrTotality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    31.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Apparently they will sacrifice the good of the world, the country and the middle east to stay in office. Quite pathetic really.
    they will do whatever they can. It has really hasnt changed much. All the waelthy want the power and they get it. ENd of thread sadly
  10. Banned
    MrTotality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    31.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    I was all for the democratization of Iraq. If successful it would have altered the course of history for the better. But sadly I and others believe that it is now impossible to achieve that goal. Part of the reason for failure was because of mistakes by this administration and I simply cant trust them to make the right ones in the future. They've just been wrong too many times. Keep in mind that I say this administration, not the republicans as a whole. Unlike many in todays partisan enivornment I don't reject those who have different views or opinions. In the end, at least imho, winning the war on terror means more than just invading countries and occupying them until the end of days.
    sadly this is all theree is at this point. It is just an occupation. This has the same smell as VIetnam and that was a disaster on a large scale, and this has the possibility to be the same and even larger.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Peyton Manning Goes to Denver!!! See Ya Later TebowSanity
    By MuscleGauge1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. See ya!
    By RedwolfWV in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 07:49 AM
  4. Compare Hollywood Bunch to Bush and other U.S. Leaders
    By msclbldrguy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in