Dr Ron Paul Smacks Down The Irs At The Gop

size

Awards
  • Established
Ron Paul is a very interesting and intelligent individual. Unfortunately, I believe he steps on too many toes to get a large following.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
As long as the media selects our candidates for us we won't see anyone like him near a national office, at least not in great numbers. It's sad too, because I think if given a chance he'd go pretty far in the Republican primaries. Once you get beyond the nut base there are a lot of Reps who would gravitate towards his actual minimal government positions, as opposed to people who claim to hold those views but never adhere to them when given the chance. Plus he's pretty strongly against abortion, especially late term. That might serve to calm the nuts down and get a few under wing.

size

Awards
  • Established
As long as the media selects our candidates for us we won't see anyone like him near a national office, at least not in great numbers.
Definitely a valid point. Here is an article that touches on the topic of the media seemingly ignoring Ron Paul.
Ron Paul and Media

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a valid point. Here is an article that touches on the topic of the media seemingly ignoring Ron Paul.
Ron Paul and Media
Seemingly is putting it mildly. I saw him on CSPAN once, on Bill Maher's show where he was the subject of an idiot hatchet job, and no where else. The media has already decided he's unelectable, despite the fact that's he's been elected to congressional office. What's more likely is that being a Republican with strong libertarian leanings who has consistently been against the Iraq war and the Patriot Act, for civil liberties, ending the drug war, etc., he takes away Democrat campaign issues. And we can't have that, especially if we're a distinctly left leaning press and the newly elected Democrat controlled congress doesn't come through on any major issues on the Democrat agenda by election time.

size

Awards
  • Established
The media has already decided he's unelectable, despite the fact that's he's been elected to congressional office.
Just to add, I read that in his last election he won by a 20 point margin.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Didn't know that. Point being. he can win and deliver on his election promises. Must be like kryptonite to the ****ers in DC and the media in general.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Yup, Ron Paul is my congressman and I know a number of people in my district voted for him, including me. He's my kind of republican. :D :hammer:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Building a Better Debate - washingtonpost.com

Now the Washington Post is saying perhaps Paul and other such minor candidates should be excluded from the debates. One has to wonder what kind of ****ing idiot thinks like this editorial writer. After all, the debate is sooooooo confusing. Best to let the candidates we're allowed to hear be preselected by others.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Building a Better Debate - washingtonpost.com

Now the Washington Post is saying perhaps Paul and other such minor candidates should be excluded from the debates. One has to wonder what kind of ****ing idiot thinks like this editorial writer. After all, the debate is sooooooo confusing. Best to let the candidates we're allowed to hear be preselected by others.
Yes exactly this is the problem. Ron Paul is confusing the media by actually speaking the truth. It is these simple facts that cause a ripple in the media bullsh*t machine so they either try to ignore it or spin it into a more easily understood paradigm.

We are doomed !

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yes exactly this is the problem. Ron Paul is confusing the media by actually speaking the truth. It is these simple facts that cause a ripple in the media bullsh*t machine so they either try to ignore it or spin it into a more easily understood paradigm.

We are doomed !
More likely they don't feel like granting attention to any candidate to which they haven't already sold themselves to for access. It's ridiculous. It's not even just the lack of coverage, it's literally like they're trying to erase this guy and anyone else who they haven't annointed from the process. I expected this kind of **** with third party candidates. Usually major party candidates, even the minor ones, are at least given grudging coverage as if it was necessary to some extent. You literally have people ignoring this guy's existence. Yahoo left him off their list of people at the debate, said it was because he wasn't officially running which is bull****. He is, a journalist called them on that ****, showed them his papers and they finally admitted he was a candidate. ABC is still deleting posts mentioning Paul from their site.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, you got it all wrong here. The only people who can survive are not the ones with the great ideas, ability to lead a country, restore the reputation of the US worldwide, its the ones with the most money. Why should we waste our time on these low earners when we can get those already corrupted by the system? After all, thats democracy right?

:frustrate