Looks like the Dems have Bush by the bush

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Looks like the Dems have Bush by the bush


    White House, Congress refuse to blink - Politics - MSNBC.com

    They are going to get the info they want no matter how much the white house crys about it. And the courts will back them up

  2. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    actually its a case of seperation of powers. the president has a choice in his policy to allow his people to testify, as some presidents have done in the past, but it is not the law and the constitution would have to be amended in order to force any information regarding this case out. Its actually a very simple, cut and dry issue here but the media likes to play on people's ignorance of their own government's internal rules and regulations.
  3. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Squeaks...it took me a second, but i love you avatar...
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    lol took you a second??? most guys i end up with have that problem too
  5. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    wait, is that you?
  6. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    yes sir
  7. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    In that case, I love you.
  8. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%








    jk
  9. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Now I just feel creepy...I'm going to slowly step away from the thread...

  10. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    haha relax, i am just messing with you
  11. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1777
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    57.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    @ the gayness above!
  12. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1413
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    31.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ok, so what were we talking about? Oh, right, avatars... It's nice
  13. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    this is what alwas happens when i am ready to get into a good political slober knocker. lol
  14. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Back on topic. Sorry for my gayness ealier...long week.

    But I don't understand the need to explain the firings. If you want to look historically, why didn't we look into Clinton when he fired a ****load of them?

    Now I am a very left sided republican, and not a Bush supporter and I voted an almost completely democratic ticket this past november, but I see this as a Democratically controlled government trying to flex thier newly aquired political muscle.

    Guilliani in '08!!!
  15. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hope they get to the bottom of this, "people should not fear their governments, and governments should be free of their people."
  16. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Back on topic. Sorry for my gayness ealier...long week.

    But I don't understand the need to explain the firings. If you want to look historically, why didn't we look into Clinton when he fired a ****load of them?

    Now I am a very left sided republican, and not a Bush supporter and I voted an almost completely democratic ticket this past november, but I see this as a Democratically controlled government trying to flex thier newly aquired political muscle.

    Guilliani in '08!!!
    The only difference is that non of those let go by Clinton (remember they were appointed by Bush #1 not by Clinton) have come forward saying they were pressured into looking at the other party by House and Senate members. Also, the administration brought this on themselves by changing their story like 6 times.

    One thing I think is funny: Bush wants to wield Executive Priv and protect Rove and Miers. Now Executive priv is only valid when an aid is giving advice or talking with the President. The President and everyone else has said he was removed from this whole ordeal and that it never came up with him. So how can executive priv be used in this case?

    I cant wait for the next president...I dont even care who at this point.
  17. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    Clinton actually let people go that were looking into his Arkansas land deals, after they were fired they no longer had any teeth. Clinton did a more correct thing by getting rid of everyone, its less shady but still as with Bush, not against any law for him to do. If you run a buisness, you can hire and fire anyone you want, thats what they can do as well.

    Rove, as well as Miers, are still in a role as a white house aid and are under the protection of the constitution regardless if advice is given. People like you and me as well as those on the hill and the foggy bottom are not required to know what advice aids give. If a president had to worry about what aids say to him because the congress might be offended and call them in to testify, then we will never be able to bounce free and open ideas around in any administration. We would be in a worse state of political correctness than we already are.

    The worst thing the white house did was admit there were mistakes in accepting the resignations of these people. There were no mistakes, they should have allowed even more of the clinton left overs to end their post. There is no issue here and if those pressing the issue aren't careful they might find themselves in a situation in a year or so.
  18. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    Clinton actually let people go that were looking into his Arkansas land deals, after they were fired they no longer had any teeth. Clinton did a more correct thing by getting rid of everyone, its less shady but still as with Bush, not against any law for him to do. If you run a buisness, you can hire and fire anyone you want, thats what they can do as well.

    Rove, as well as Miers, are still in a role as a white house aid and are under the protection of the constitution regardless if advice is given. People like you and me as well as those on the hill and the foggy bottom are not required to know what advice aids give. If a president had to worry about what aids say to him because the congress might be offended and call them in to testify, then we will never be able to bounce free and open ideas around in any administration. We would be in a worse state of political correctness than we already are.

    The worst thing the white house did was admit there were mistakes in accepting the resignations of these people. There were no mistakes, they should have allowed even more of the clinton left overs to end their post. There is no issue here and if those pressing the issue aren't careful they might find themselves in a situation in a year or so.
    Agreed. And I will reiterate my intial statement that this is more of a witch hunt against the current administration. More of a "we're have the power" thing.

    As far as what Clinton did, we haven't had an executive officer in this country without anytype of corruption as far back as I can research. I'm not commenting on the extent of thier corruption, just that it is always there in a capitalistic government.



    As far as what zbt said, I too cannot wait until we get a new president. Hopefully a republican that is graceful and tactful and not quite as bull-headed. Both of the major canidates look as though they are suitable in this manor.
  19. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    As far as protection against aids go, what I heard last night from John Dean, former Nixon legal counsel, is that they are only protected when dealing directly with the President. A conversation between aids is not protected, nor is when an aid contacts people in the Justice department. So if Bush was never briefed about any of this from his aids how can they be protected? According to Dean, they are not. At this point, thats all I can base my knowledge on the matter on.

    I'd be really suprised if Rudy makes it out if the GOP alive. As a Dem, Rudy is the type of Republican i would want in office. With the way things are going now though, the democrats could probably put forth a Monkey and win the general. oh wait...we may just do that with Hillary.
  20. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    theres this nail infront of me, and its just been hit directly, twice. "anyone else" lol.
  21. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    actually the democratic party is gearing up to be like their McGovernist past, and he lost BIG TIME against nixon. At this point,if the democrats stay on their path, and if the Republicans offer a TRUE solid conservative, no liberal will have a chance.

    Also, the democrat party isn't holding up very well as the majority. Today's vote to help spinich farmers ( and give some money to the troops for a year) was only passed by 218-212 those 6 votes were bought by Grandma Speaker. This vote will be a good wake up call for conservatives to rally around. The Rebuplican party exploded and lost power thus the people removed most of the liberal members of the party; however, the democrats are imploding and have no ability to gain control. One aspect of proof comes from today's vote that SHOULD have been party line.
  22. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    But what right sided republican do they have?

    It doesn't matter much, the American vote is going to be sueded to vote for Edwards now anyways.
  23. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bush is a tool. Its called abuse of power.

    ps. squeaks, i like your avatar too. thought it was a dead deer at first.
    hahahaha
  24. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bush is a tool and it may be an abuse of power but its an acceptable one.
  25. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Bush is a tool and it may be an abuse of power but its an acceptable one.
    well EVERYTHING is acceptable these days with our gorernment. You can lie and do drugs and steal and cheat on your wife and send lower income young peolpe over seas to get killed so you can get sweet oil deals and so on and so on.
    The American people have become numb to seeing the people they elect fcuk them over
  26. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thats what i'm saying....Guilliani in 08...


    Oh and cheap oil huh? That wasn't the only reason for the war but anyways...it worked out well for us huh?
  27. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Thats what i'm saying....Guilliani in 08...


    Oh and cheap oil huh? That wasn't the only reason for the war but anyways...it worked out well for us huh?
    i dont even think im going to vote next year. and i agree that oil wasn`t the only reason but it was a bad reason.
  28. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    How The Hell Do You Think I Look Like A Dead Deer!!!!!
  29. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anyone who doesn't vote cant complain about the gov't in power. wrong thread lol.
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 03-24-2007 at 06:33 PM.
  30. Banned
    Chad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,605
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    How The Hell Do You Think I Look Like A Dead Deer!!!!!
    it was just a joke. did you read the dead deer thread in gen chat?
  31. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    How The Hell Do You Think I Look Like A Dead Deer!!!!!
    You(avatar- wise) chose a very creative angle of perspective, well done!
  32. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

    thank you muchly... i think everyone uses the same emo angle so.. i got rid of that and opted for whatever you can call this one lol
  33. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Anyone who doesn't vote cant complain about the gov't in power. wrong thread lol.
    great point, wrong discussion.
  34. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2870
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    55.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    yes sir
    ose:
  35. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    actually the democratic party is gearing up to be like their McGovernist past, and he lost BIG TIME against nixon. At this point,if the democrats stay on their path, and if the Republicans offer a TRUE solid conservative, no liberal will have a chance.

    Also, the democrat party isn't holding up very well as the majority. Today's vote to help spinich farmers ( and give some money to the troops for a year) was only passed by 218-212 those 6 votes were bought by Grandma Speaker. This vote will be a good wake up call for conservatives to rally around. The Rebuplican party exploded and lost power thus the people removed most of the liberal members of the party; however, the democrats are imploding and have no ability to gain control. One aspect of proof comes from today's vote that SHOULD have been party line.

    Dont you mean the like the republicans during Clinton's day?

    I also like "the democrat party isn't holding up very well as the majority". You mean their not towing the line for the president like the past 6 years? Or is that the democrats actually can have their own voice and not be silenced by the nuts in the party like the gop have? The GOP is in FAR worse shape the left. They wont recover until they silence the Neo-Con war-lovers. **** Cheney anyone?
  36. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I hate to say it, but Cheney was the best thing to happen to this administration. Granted I don't agree fully with his ideals but his course of action and staying undeterred is a great sign of strength for the US.
  37. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    612
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    I hate to say it, but Cheney was the best thing to happen to this administration. Granted I don't agree fully with his ideals but his course of action and staying undeterred is a great sign of strength for the US.
    You say strength, i say stupidity.
  38. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    well EVERYTHING is acceptable these days with our gorernment. You can lie and do drugs and steal and cheat on your wife and send lower income young peolpe over seas to get killed so you can get sweet oil deals and so on and so on.
    The American people have become numb to seeing the people they elect fcuk them over
    Chad,

    No offense, but you show your age with this comment. If you think this administration is actually worse than others then you are selectively looking past history.

    For the most part, its business as usual and has been for decades. Actually it was worse before because you didn't have thousands of news outlets and cable news watching every second.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  39. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    Dont you mean the like the republicans during Clinton's day?

    I also like "the democrat party isn't holding up very well as the majority". You mean their not towing the line for the president like the past 6 years? Or is that the democrats actually can have their own voice and not be silenced by the nuts in the party like the gop have? The GOP is in FAR worse shape the left. They wont recover until they silence the Neo-Con war-lovers. **** Cheney anyone?

    That's what they said about the Democratic party in 2004.

    If you think for a second the Republican party is in worse shape then the left, then you are sipping the Kool Aid a bit too often.

    Your democratic majority just had to bribe 2 parties to get a bill past. Nothing like giving billions to the dairy, spinach and peanut industries to pass an ANTI-WAR bill.

    Isn't the this the new "ethical" Congress? Bwahaha...



    WASHINGTON - Congress has loaded up President Bush's request for "emergency" spending on the Iraq war with more than $20 billion in "pork" for members' districts.

    Money for peanut storage in Georgia, spinach growers in California, menhaden in the Atlantic Ocean and even more office space for the lawmakers themselves is included in what has ballooned into a $124 billion war bill.

    "This emergency supplemental bill has more ornaments hanging over our many branches of government than the White House Christmas tree," Rep. Jerry Lewis, R-Calif., said.

    Originally, Bush asked for $105 billion in emergency funding. Democratic leaders say they want to grant the request to continue funding the war despite their desire to end it.

    "We have provided all of the money the president requested- and more," boasted House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer.

    That includes $74 million for peanut storage, $25 million for spinach growers and $100 million for citrus growers.

    It also includes $16 million to convert the old Food and Drug Administration building in southwest D.C. into more office space for the Capitol. That "emergency" expenditure comes at a time when taxpayers already shell out $600 million "more than double the original estimate" for a mammoth expansion of the Capitol, which includes 160,000 feet of new office space.


    Lewis accused House leaders of trying to "paper over Democrat divisions on the war in Iraq by delivering billions of dollars in unrelated and unauthorized spending that is somehow given an emergency designation."

    Hoyer denied the charge from Lewis, who himself was famous for his own pork spending when he served as Appropriations Committee chairman under Republican control.

    "They are a strange group to talk about buying votes," Hoyer chuckled. "This is the crowd that took pork barrel spending to new levels of irresponsibility."

    The 172-page spending bill will get its first public airing today at an Appropriations Committee meeting, where panel members expect to approve it.

    Rep. Mark Kirk, an Illinois Republican who sits on the committee, said he will try amending the bill today. First, he wants to strip out the non-emergency, member-requested spending and force it to go through the normal appropriations process. Under newly approved Democratic rules, that would require offsets to pay for the new spending.

    Kirk also wants to entirely eliminate money for spinach farmers.

    "Spinach farmers in California should not be getting emergency war spending money," he said.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  40. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Chad,

    No offense, but you show your age with this comment. If you think this administration is actually worse than others then you are selectively looking past history.

    For the most part, its business as usual and has been for decades. Actually it was worse before because you didn't have thousands of news outlets and cable news watching every second.


    I was waiting for you to chime in, bobo...

    But I don't fully agree. A lot of what the president SHOULD do is work for the people. Hasn't much happened with this presidency. He has gone against the majority on quite a few major decisions.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 164
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:02 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. Looks like the ban is going to go through!
    By Fleetcare in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:20 AM
  5. Looks like AROD is going to the Yankees
    By Rictor33 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in