Congressional Black Caucus, Whites not allowed?

size

Awards
  • Established
This struck me as being rather odd, particularly in the sense that elected officials represent citizens regardless of race, so one should try to participate to help one's constituents.
Article
This was interesting remark:
"Half my Democratic constituents were African-American. I felt we had interests in common as far as helping people in poverty," Stark said. "They had a vote, and I lost. They said the issue was that I was white, and they felt it was important that the group be limited to African-Americans."
To me it seems irrational to conduct the caucus in such a manner. Such actions limit possible ideas and contributions, and it is acting in a manner that in my opinion is encouraging division and exclusion.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as we continue down this path we'll never overcome racism. it'll just keep shifting sides as minorities change.

tattoopierced1

As long as we continue down this path we'll never overcome racism. it'll just keep shifting sides as minorities change.
exactly.. anyone watch Wife Swap (or it might been another "wife swapping show like that) last Friday? perfect example, there are extremists on both sides, just seems that things are now shifting.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
its pretty sad when more whites have actually done more for the blacks and their rights than blacks have done. I have only seen a small handful of black leaders do anything to help their people move up. the rest just want to keep them down, its sad

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
This is America's problem, racism has happened in every country and to every race. Most countries have moved on. What about the Chinese and Irish that where cheaper to buy and/or pay to build the railroads and Northern cities in America, or the Japanese that were thrown in to prison camps during WWII, the 1st Nation Americans (Indians) were slaughtered. It seems that only one race is remembered to be treated differently.

America has a history month for most races except white europeans, what about Australian month or Canadian week?? I am by no means a racist, never have been, love all. Asian/Pacific month, Hispanic Month, African-American month (this one always makes me chuckle when someone tells me they are African-American, Africa is not a country it is a continent). Unless it is taught to the youth in this country nothing will ever change, hate is taught to the young.

To keep out a politician elected by the people because he is white, Bollox. What next???

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
peoples is peoples right?

The funniest thing is that the Google ad generator, that is such a prominent part of this forum, is generating a guy wearing a "plaid shirt" in a Nordstroms ad on my screen. I guess that is google's way of covering all bases in the color issue

...at the top of the thread is an ad for DNAsearch.com marketed at people who believe they come from Africa. Oddly, DNA is 99.9% the same for all people, too much fuss over one tenth of a percent!!!

...unless ofcourse creating differences between people to divide them and control them is your goal..hmmm?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
if you think about it, people like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc...they benefit from racial tension and issues popping up. If everyone woke up tomorrow and no one cared about race, they would be rather irrelevant.