USA Illegal Immigration Issues

size

Awards
  • Established
While reading today, I found two articles that struck me by surprise. Both are defintiely worth reading.

Article 1: Guardsmen overrun at the Border
A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.
According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

Link to Cont

Article 2: Social Security for illegal aliens
An agreement the Bush administration reached with Mexico on Social Security benefits would allow illegal aliens granted amnesty in the future to claim credit for the time they worked illegally.
The deal was reached in 2004 but never released publicly because it hasn't been submitted to Congress. The TREA Senior Citizens League, a Social Security advocacy group, recently obtained the document through a Freedom of Information Act, and said it confirms the group's worst fears.

Link to Cont.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
1) That's what happens when you clamp down to tight on rules of Engagement. If I know I'm not going to be shot..why should I stop. Reminds me of guard duty in 'Nam when we had to put these stupid red blocks of wood in or m-16s so we wouldn't shoot someone coming thru the fence in Danang.

2) Are we going to verify that the SS was paid in the first place or just bankrupt our system even further....

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Ah the good old dream of the North American Union. It wont be long until we have a different flag flying above old glory.:blink:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah the good old dream of the North American Union. It wont be long until we have a different flag flying above old glory.:blink:
I better be ****ing dead if that **** is ever tried. NO FLAG will ever fly higher than old glory.

Adams

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
How can they verify monies earned if no taxes were paid or amount was not identified to the IRS? It will be impossible to determine and sounds like a bogus law to subside the Mexican Government for a bit.

If it does come to fruition, I am going to be bloody pissed after coming here and doing it the legal way.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You should be PO'ed Rouge. It isn't right relative to those of you that did it the right way.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The Social Security Number is just to identify your specific Social Security Retirement Account, not you as an "individual", similar to a checking account number. It was never designed to be a means of identification. All the cards issued before the 1980's are stamped "not to be used for identification". It was designed that way specifically to prohibt its use as a national ID card.

What happened is that employers started using the SSN as worker ID numbers, it was just easier because the number already existed as a unique identifier. The military and the state drivers license systems quickly followed suit, then the private sector of health insurance and credit lenders jumped on board.

The numbering system which can yield hundreds of millions of combinations is by design unsecure. The first three numbers are generated according to the state they were issued. The middle two are group numbers assigened based on when the card was issued. The last four are sequential. It is quite possible and is commonly practices to randomly generate SSNs which will work in the system as long as the numbering groups are congruent with the order structure of state, group and sequence.(and their has not been a death benifit payed-out)

That is the archilles heel of the SSN system and why it should not be used to identify individuals.

The system administrators biggest problem is that as long as I am the oldest holder of my account number, I will be the one who reaps the pay-out benifit, at maturity. So, if there is someone accumilating "premium" on my account, power to them! I'll win in the end!

Unless ofcourse the whole system collapses under the weight of its own inherit incompetence,..but I'm trying to be positive.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
While reading today, I found two articles that struck me by surprise. Both are defintiely worth reading.

Article 1: Guardsmen overrun at the Border
A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.
According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

Link to Cont

Article 2: Social Security for illegal aliens
An agreement the Bush administration reached with Mexico on Social Security benefits would allow illegal aliens granted amnesty in the future to claim credit for the time they worked illegally.
The deal was reached in 2004 but never released publicly because it hasn't been submitted to Congress. The TREA Senior Citizens League, a Social Security advocacy group, recently obtained the document through a Freedom of Information Act, and said it confirms the group's worst fears.

Link to Cont.
Pretty sickening isn't it?

One party wants the labor, the other wants the vote. In the meantime, the 90% of America who can't stand whats going on can do nothing.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
So illeagals with fake ssn pay taxes. But do not file for refunds where does that surplus money end up it has to be a huge amount.

Ron Jeremy

Awards
The illegal immigrant problem from the south has been ignored forever. It is a "Wag the Dog" issue that acts as a smoke screen for more real,current issues (I am not down playing it). I feel terror, in the context of Border Control, will come from the North. All the focus is on Mexico. Canada is a haven for organized crime and terror groups.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ron,
You are one really nasty dude.
You, sir, should be prohibited from having your shirt off. :hammer:

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sickening isn't it?

One party wants the labor, the other wants the vote. In the meantime, the 90% of America who can't stand whats going on can do nothing.
I agree that it is a sickening situation.

I would disagree though about Americans not being able to do anything about it.

The Minutemen are doing a good job and also, part of the reason the Republicans lost seats this past November was because many conservative voters stayed home, outraged over the lack of action taken to enforce existing immigration laws.

size

Awards
  • Established
If it does come to fruition, I am going to be bloody pissed after coming here and doing it the legal way.
You absolutely should be. Each and every immigrant who has followed the law to become a citizen of the USA should be outraged.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that it is a sickening situation.

I would disagree though about Americans not being able to do anything about it.

The Minutemen are doing a good job and also, part of the reason the Republicans lost seats this past November was because many conservative voters stayed home, outraged over the lack of action taken to enforce existing immigration laws.

As far as policy, there isn't. It doesn't matter that many conservatives stayed home, both parties don't want regulations that really enforce the border.

I am MUCH more fearful of what Democrats will do (or won't). The secularists have much more influence in that party than any.

drunk

Awards
So illeagals with fake ssn pay taxes. But do not file for refunds where does that surplus money end up it has to be a huge amount.
The tax money from mismatched ssn is just sitting there with the ss administration. They never have officially counted it, but it's estimated to be well over 100 million. I really don't know legally what they can do with it, but you would think they could do something with it.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
This is slightly o/t from the social security issues, but...I don't remember the numbers off of the top of my head, but if you look up some stats for crime rates/prison populations involving illegals, especially in southern cal and down around the border the numbers really are disturbing.