USA Illegal Immigration Issues

  1. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2269
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    USA Illegal Immigration Issues


    While reading today, I found two articles that struck me by surprise. Both are defintiely worth reading.

    Article 1: Guardsmen overrun at the Border
    A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.
    According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

    Link to Cont

    Article 2: Social Security for illegal aliens
    An agreement the Bush administration reached with Mexico on Social Security benefits would allow illegal aliens granted amnesty in the future to claim credit for the time they worked illegally.
    The deal was reached in 2004 but never released publicly because it hasn't been submitted to Congress. The TREA Senior Citizens League, a Social Security advocacy group, recently obtained the document through a Freedom of Information Act, and said it confirms the group's worst fears.

    Link to Cont.

  2. New Member
    glg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    66
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    331
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    17.34%

    1) That's what happens when you clamp down to tight on rules of Engagement. If I know I'm not going to be shot..why should I stop. Reminds me of guard duty in 'Nam when we had to put these stupid red blocks of wood in or m-16s so we wouldn't shoot someone coming thru the fence in Danang.

    2) Are we going to verify that the SS was paid in the first place or just bankrupt our system even further....
  3. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1606
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

    Ah the good old dream of the North American Union. It wont be long until we have a different flag flying above old glory.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver
    Ah the good old dream of the North American Union. It wont be long until we have a different flag flying above old glory.
    I better be ****ing dead if that **** is ever tried. NO FLAG will ever fly higher than old glory.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  5. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

    How can they verify monies earned if no taxes were paid or amount was not identified to the IRS? It will be impossible to determine and sounds like a bogus law to subside the Mexican Government for a bit.

    If it does come to fruition, I am going to be bloody pissed after coming here and doing it the legal way.
  6. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.53%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    You should be PO'ed Rouge. It isn't right relative to those of you that did it the right way.
  7. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.53%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    That would show up on a credit report, right RD??

    Bodybuilding Forum - Anabolicminds.com
    (you get one free report from the 3 agencies per year - HIGHLY recommend doing this)
  8. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The Social Security Number is just to identify your specific Social Security Retirement Account, not you as an "individual", similar to a checking account number. It was never designed to be a means of identification. All the cards issued before the 1980's are stamped "not to be used for identification". It was designed that way specifically to prohibt its use as a national ID card.

    What happened is that employers started using the SSN as worker ID numbers, it was just easier because the number already existed as a unique identifier. The military and the state drivers license systems quickly followed suit, then the private sector of health insurance and credit lenders jumped on board.

    The numbering system which can yield hundreds of millions of combinations is by design unsecure. The first three numbers are generated according to the state they were issued. The middle two are group numbers assigened based on when the card was issued. The last four are sequential. It is quite possible and is commonly practices to randomly generate SSNs which will work in the system as long as the numbering groups are congruent with the order structure of state, group and sequence.(and their has not been a death benifit payed-out)

    That is the archilles heel of the SSN system and why it should not be used to identify individuals.

    The system administrators biggest problem is that as long as I am the oldest holder of my account number, I will be the one who reaps the pay-out benifit, at maturity. So, if there is someone accumilating "premium" on my account, power to them! I'll win in the end!

    Unless ofcourse the whole system collapses under the weight of its own inherit incompetence,..but I'm trying to be positive.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by size
    While reading today, I found two articles that struck me by surprise. Both are defintiely worth reading.

    Article 1: Guardsmen overrun at the Border
    A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.
    According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

    Link to Cont

    Article 2: Social Security for illegal aliens
    An agreement the Bush administration reached with Mexico on Social Security benefits would allow illegal aliens granted amnesty in the future to claim credit for the time they worked illegally.
    The deal was reached in 2004 but never released publicly because it hasn't been submitted to Congress. The TREA Senior Citizens League, a Social Security advocacy group, recently obtained the document through a Freedom of Information Act, and said it confirms the group's worst fears.

    Link to Cont.
    Pretty sickening isn't it?

    One party wants the labor, the other wants the vote. In the meantime, the 90% of America who can't stand whats going on can do nothing.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Advanced Member
    brass monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    537
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    18.21%

    So illeagals with fake ssn pay taxes. But do not file for refunds where does that surplus money end up it has to be a huge amount.
  11. New Member
    Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    125
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    34.83%

    The illegal immigrant problem from the south has been ignored forever. It is a "Wag the Dog" issue that acts as a smoke screen for more real,current issues (I am not down playing it). I feel terror, in the context of Border Control, will come from the North. All the focus is on Mexico. Canada is a haven for organized crime and terror groups.
  12. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9663
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.53%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ron,
    You are one really nasty dude.
    You, sir, should be prohibited from having your shirt off.
  13. New Member
    klugman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    352
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Pretty sickening isn't it?

    One party wants the labor, the other wants the vote. In the meantime, the 90% of America who can't stand whats going on can do nothing.
    I agree that it is a sickening situation.

    I would disagree though about Americans not being able to do anything about it.

    The Minutemen are doing a good job and also, part of the reason the Republicans lost seats this past November was because many conservative voters stayed home, outraged over the lack of action taken to enforce existing immigration laws.
  14. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2269
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    If it does come to fruition, I am going to be bloody pissed after coming here and doing it the legal way.
    You absolutely should be. Each and every immigrant who has followed the law to become a citizen of the USA should be outraged.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by klugman
    I agree that it is a sickening situation.

    I would disagree though about Americans not being able to do anything about it.

    The Minutemen are doing a good job and also, part of the reason the Republicans lost seats this past November was because many conservative voters stayed home, outraged over the lack of action taken to enforce existing immigration laws.

    As far as policy, there isn't. It doesn't matter that many conservatives stayed home, both parties don't want regulations that really enforce the border.

    I am MUCH more fearful of what Democrats will do (or won't). The secularists have much more influence in that party than any.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  16. New Member
    drunk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    94.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey
    So illeagals with fake ssn pay taxes. But do not file for refunds where does that surplus money end up it has to be a huge amount.
    The tax money from mismatched ssn is just sitting there with the ss administration. They never have officially counted it, but it's estimated to be well over 100 million. I really don't know legally what they can do with it, but you would think they could do something with it.
  17. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,978
    Rep Power
    11041
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This is slightly o/t from the social security issues, but...I don't remember the numbers off of the top of my head, but if you look up some stats for crime rates/prison populations involving illegals, especially in southern cal and down around the border the numbers really are disturbing.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CHECK OUT POWERLIFTING USA JUNE, 2009 ISSUE!!!!
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
  2. Powerlifting USA June 2008 issue highlights
    By Sean Katterle in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 02:26 AM
  3. States turning up heat on illegal immigrants
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 11:50 PM
  4. Lou Dobbs on Illegal Immigration
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in