What John Kerry thinks about our military..

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I think John Kerry cares about John Kerry

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
John Kerry is a pompous assclown. Shows a lot of the actual man, not just the politician, who will belittle the people doing the same job he ran from.

Jason

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Umm, the truth is, if you don't get into college and there are no jobs in your area, you have pretty much only 1 option: the military. That means Iraq. He made the mistake of telling the truth instead of being PC. Besides he didn't say everyone in the military fit that description. He said every poor, poorly educated person fits that description; military, crime, or abject poverty. Seriously, if you try to say most grunts are well educated when they enter the military, then you're an idiot.

There's a reason why the majority of those in the military come from areas with crap schools, depressed economies, and low standards of living.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Umm, the truth is, if you don't get into college and there are no jobs in your area, you have pretty much only 1 option: the military. That means Iraq. He made the mistake of telling the truth instead of being PC. Besides he didn't say everyone in the military fit that description. He said every poor, poorly educated person fits that description; military, crime, or abject poverty.
Im not going to lie, Youtube doesnt work on this computer, so I dont know exactly what is being said. As for the military being a last ditch answer, I dont think youre giving us soldiers a fair take. Some people do believe in this thing we call Patriotism. I can't define it, because it has a different meaning to everyone. As for Iraq being the only place to go in the military, thats so far from the truth its not even funny. Do you realize that only ~35% of all deployable soldiers have been to a combat zone? I went 3 times. And, honestly, most troops have alot of things better on deployment than they do in a garrison environment. The food is definitely better. MWR and AAFES are busting ass making sure soldiers have nearly every creature comfort. Hell, AAFES even sells condoms when sex is illegal in theater unless its your spouse! Basically, I guess Im just getting at the point that you shouldnt believe everything you see on CNN or read in the NY Times!

Jason

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Umm, the truth is, if you don't get into college and there are no jobs in your area, you have pretty much only 1 option: the military. That means Iraq. He made the mistake of telling the truth instead of being PC. Besides he didn't say everyone in the military fit that description. He said every poor, poorly educated person fits that description; military, crime, or abject poverty. Seriously, if you try to say most grunts are well educated when they enter the military, then you're an idiot.

There's a reason why the majority of those in the military come from areas with crap schools, depressed economies, and low standards of living.
wow, you're really spinning hardcore for Kerry.

Fact is he said if you're not smart you wind up in Iraq.

This really shows what leftist elitists think about our military.
They hold all servicemen in total contempt and pay lip service only when it benefits their political ambitions.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
wow, you're really spinning hardcore for Kerry.

Fact is he said if you're not smart you wind up in Iraq.

This really shows what leftist elitists think about our military.
They hold all servicemen in total contempt and pay lip service only when it benefits their political ambitions.
Interestingly, I think the average person in the military has more education than the average american civilian. I'd have to verify it though.

To respond to Nullifidian, he wasn't telling the truth. What he said was an opinion, and IMO, even if you believe something like what he said is true, you don't go running your mouth off about it, especially with cameras. The guy just destroyed any hopes he had of Presidency in '08.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interestingly, I think the average person in the military has more education than the average american civilian. I'd have to verify it though.

To respond to Nullifidian, he wasn't telling the truth. What he said was an opinion, and IMO, even if you believe something like what he said is true, you don't go running your mouth off about it, especially with cameras. The guy just destroyed any hopes he had of Presidency in '08.
I'm glad he hosed his chances at a Presidency because I think he sucks. It doesn't change the fact that he was right about this.

Imagine this scenario:

You are a poor SOB living in a trailer. You barely graduated highschool. Not only can your family not afford college, you couldn't get in if you tried. You've never been arrested for anything. Here are your options:

1) Get a job at MacD's for minimum wage and not even be able to afford food
2) Lead a life of crime, probably as a drug dealer
3) Join the military

That's life in the slums of the USA. Option 3 plays itself over many many times and that's where the vast majority of our military comes from.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
John Kerry's purpose in life has always been to make George W Bush look like an effective, decisive leader and to confirm that Bush was the right choice by the American people. He continues to baffle the public by making statements that help no one. He lobs up such "softball statements", that the Bush administration can easily "knock them out of the park".

It's as if he works for the Bush administration!...oops

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I' not wasting my breath on this one othe than to say Kerry made a very bold statement and for those that can find a way to twist it to actually mean something that is truth. I'm glad you're able to live with yourself.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm glad he hosed his chances at a Presidency because I think he sucks. It doesn't change the fact that he was right about this.

Imagine this scenario:

You are a poor SOB living in a trailer. You barely graduated highschool. Not only can your family not afford college, you couldn't get in if you tried. You've never been arrested for anything. Here are your options:

1) Get a job at MacD's for minimum wage and not even be able to afford food
2) Lead a life of crime, probably as a drug dealer
3) Join the military

That's life in the slums of the USA. Option 3 plays itself over many many times and that's where the vast majority of our military comes from.
F&*(ING BULLSHlT!!! What, is this all just logical in the back of your mind or something? I've served iraq, afganistan, close ot marines, close to army, and close to navy. There are people like that, JUST AS IN EVERY FACET OF THE WORLD. Civilian or military. Most of the troops I have met, regardless of service, joined because of pride in the country, not cause they were from the slums. I know PLENTY of people who came from a strong background, and joined cause they felt the calling of the country. Just cause you dont like the military, or what we are doing, dont go stereotyping some young soldier cause your mind is so narrow... espeicially when he lays his life on the line for you, without regard.

unbelievable.

Adams

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Nulli, I think you're out of your element here. I generally agree with you on most things but you're crossing the line here. Some of the brightest minds I have encountered put on a cammie uniform at some point. One of my good buddies was a grunt with an ASVAB score of 99 (highest) with a GT of over 160. He turned down several academic scholarships upon graduating high school just so he could serve his country proudly. You may call that stupid, I call it heroic.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Hate Bush...Scary Kerry. I keep hoping for someone to step up to the plate that I would like to vote FOR instead of basically voting against the other side.

It's all politics and obfuscation. Focusing on non-issues to divert attention from the core issues. Kerry called our trrops something now we can talk about that instead of how the war is actually going.

Be so glad when this round of politcal BS is over.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nulli, I think you're out of your element here. I generally agree with you on most things but you're crossing the line here. Some of the brightest minds I have encountered put on a cammie uniform at some point. One of my good buddies was a grunt with an ASVAB score of 99 (highest) with a GT of over 160. He turned down several academic scholarships upon graduating high school just so he could serve his country proudly. You may call that stupid, I call it heroic.

I would think your friend represents the minority of those in our Armed forced. People like him usually make high ranking officers (eventually) and serve to be an amazing tool. I think what Kerry said had some truth to it but his delivery was off especially considering the audience. The truth of the matter, whether everyone likes it or not, is that for a lot of people in poverish areas, the military is an amazing opportunity to change their lives that they would otherwise not have. We need soldiers and a lot of men in both low-class and lower middle-class that would otherwise be wasting away their lives have the opportunity to do some extremely meaninful with their lives and potentially provide their children with a life they could never have without being in the service.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree with that. The military is an opportunity for those who are anxious to get out of their impoverished environment, if that's the case. I'm not arguing that the majority of the military is not from a poor background, because most of them are. But to say "if you don't do well in school, you get stuck in Iraq" is a different story. JMO.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd agree with that. The military is an opportunity for those who are anxious to get out of their impoverished environment, if that's the case. I'm not arguing that the majority of the military is not from a poor background, because most of them are. But to say "if you don't do well in school, you get stuck in Iraq" is a different story. JMO.
I completely agree, he really effed himself on his delivery. The White House is now pushing him to apologize, he's being very dumb about this. Very dumb.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
He's been very dumb about a lot of issues. In watching him in the past it amazes me he has stayed in office this long.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
These poor fops have realized they are nothing without the nuanced pronouncements of Lord Kerry.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I would think your friend represents the minority of those in our Armed forced. People like him usually make high ranking officers (eventually) and serve to be an amazing tool. I think what Kerry said had some truth to it but his delivery was off especially considering the audience. The truth of the matter, whether everyone likes it or not, is that for a lot of people in poverish areas, the military is an amazing opportunity to change their lives that they would otherwise not have. We need soldiers and a lot of men in both low-class and lower middle-class that would otherwise be wasting away their lives have the opportunity to do some extremely meaninful with their lives and potentially provide their children with a life they could never have without being in the service.

Not the minority. Any technical filled in the military is field with intelligent people requiring high asvab scores. Every person I served with in the airwing had to be halfway intelligent just to get thru their school for their job. Kerry's problem is that he blanketed every person serving with the same insult. Sure there are guys who had no place else to go, but THEY are the minority. The military is full of people who CHOSE to join. Kerry insulted every one of them.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just about to post that pic:)

He is now saying he was speaking about Bush abd it was a botched joke that should of read...get *us* stuck in Iraq. Which to me still is stupid considering the President is far from uneducated. No matter how he sounds in his speeches.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established

He is now saying he was speaking about Bush abd it was a botched joke that should of read...get *us* stuck in Iraq. Which to me still is stupid considering the President is far from uneducated. No matter how he sounds in his speeches.
I saw that. He even tries to turn the tables and say that for anyone to suggest he insulted the troops is an insult to him! He's a jackass.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I see what Kerry was trying to say, but it shouldn't be said because it
A.) Isn't true for a large number of people. How can you stereotype such a large group of people that cover such a large background of demographics?

B.) Even if he believes it to be true, nothing good can come out of someone who has held public office/wants to in the future putting down those who are in the military. All debate about whether or not this is true aside, what did he plan to accomplish by saying this?

Conclusion: not true, dumb move

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Kerry is an Idiot. As Democrat, I'd really like for him to keep his mouth shut. It did get me thinking about the people I know who joined the military. Out of thirty or so people I know who joined, only one went to college first. The others joined to either learn a trade or get money for college. I must note, that this back in the late 90's. The one person I know who joined recently just came back last week. There were well over 500 people at his funeral. He was a troublemaker who barely graduated HS but wanted to do his duty and fight for our country after 9/11. So no matter if Kerry was right in some way, he was wrong in many others.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
John Kerry spent 3 months in Veitnam - before receiving 3 purple hearts. Does anybody know - where was he hit? was he in the hospital?

I just gotta know???

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
John Kerry spent 3 months in Veitnam - before receiving 3 purple hearts. Does anybody know - where was he hit? was he in the hospital?

I just gotta know???
I think he was hit in the EGO. Being that his is abnormally huge, it made an easy target.

brogers

Awards
  • Established

Oddly enough, George Bush had better grades than Kerry in college, so he's still a moron even if that was what he was trying to say (which I don't believe for a second).

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Update in case you haven't heard...he wasn't sorry, now he is. Always had some trouble making up his mind

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
two of Kerrys purple hearts were put in for himself. I cant remember the details, other than the injuries were small, and of his own accord. Something like cutting his hand playing with a knife or something like that. Anyway.. the two were denied by his current CO at the time, and he waited for a new one to come in, then dropped in front of him, with a stack to papers to sign, and his got by.

Adams

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

I honestly believe it was a botched joke when put into context with the rest of his speech, however, given his history it was probably one of those freudian slips :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can actually believe it wasa botched joke but I just don't understand it , even in that context. We're telling kids if they don't study and do their homework they can be president. I mean, I can think of worse jobs for failing out of school.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I can actually believe it wasa botched joke but I just don't understand it , even in that context. We're telling kids if they don't study and do their homework they can be president. I mean, I can think of worse jobs for failing out of school.
These guys often forget they're not just speaking to the current audience. For a mostly liberal crowd who thinks they are superior to the rest of the red-state country and who still get off on the Bush-is-a-moron joke, it goes over well. I don't disbelieve Kerry when he said it was a botched joke, having read what he meant to say and knowing how badly I've botched speeches, and I've had training in public speaking. It can happen very easily. The way he botched it though, he didn't just put his foot in his mouth but straight through the back of his head and then kicked himself in his own ass.

But, bottom line is both parties love this. Republicans don't want to talk about Iraq, Democrats don't want to talk about how they have no solid plans to significantly change anything in Iraq should they win. And of course the media plays into this nicely. It's much easier and gets better ratings when you have personality wars like this rather than discuss a substantive issue or two.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
Too many people seem to forget that Kerry has been bashing our trrops for decades. All of the Dems are quick to point out that Kerry served in Nam but they also leave out what he said about the troops when he came back from Nam. He as well as the rest of the far left wing of the democratic party make sick, they want to see the US fail in Iraq just to get themselves back in power, and they want to reverse the Bush tax cuts, don't know about you but I do not want my taxes any higher.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But, bottom line is both parties love this. Republicans don't want to talk about Iraq, Democrats don't want to talk about how they have no solid plans to significantly change anything in Iraq should they win. And of course the media plays into this nicely. It's much easier and gets better ratings when you have personality wars like this rather than discuss a substantive issue or two.

Amen.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
RARLEY do I agree with null on political issues, but...

Your missing nulls point. He's saying all oranges are fruits, and your accusing him of saying all fruits are oranges.

Cant decode my metaphor? He's not saying that everyone in the military is uneducated, just that a lot of uneducated folks join the military.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
RARLEY do I agree with null on political issues, but...

Your missing nulls point. He's saying all oranges are fruits, and your accusing him of saying all fruits are oranges.

Cant decode my metaphor? He's not saying that everyone in the military is uneducated, just that a lot of uneducated folks join the military.
It's funny, but when hiring people I often look for military people. Not necessarily because they are the brightest, I find the same mix of idiots and geniuses in as I do out of the military. But most of them have at least been disciplined into being able to properly present themselves at an interview. Althought I have had a few vets with emotional problems not do well at interviews. One guy showed up in camoflage with a knife strapped to his ankle for a banking position interview, and not because he didn't have time to change. That's just how he dressed. Tragic and funny at the same time. How would you like him as a mortgage broker?

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
One guy showed up in camoflage with a knife strapped to his ankle for a banking position interview, and not because he didn't have time to change. That's just how he dressed. Tragic and funny at the same time. How would you like him as a mortgage broker?
...or how about setting up a retirement account.." of course your realize, there is a substantial penalty for early withdrawl?"

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
...or how about setting up a retirement account.." of course your realize, there is a substantial penalty for early withdrawl?"
Be great if he started screaming Arnie lines during a market crash. "The Dow is falling! Get to da choppa!"
--
"I'm here to apply for a loan..."

"You're one ugly mother****er."
--
"I get da feeling of cumming when I approve da loan, when dey default, when I repo da cah, so I'm cumming day and night..."

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
the picture of the troops holding the sign up, thats the unit down the road from me here in iraq. they made another sign but they didnt releast that pic. ill see if i can get it.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I think the one Purple Heart Kerry won legitimately was where he was hit by 1 piece of a fragmentation grenda. FFS, if I'd have put in for accidents like that, I'd have 20 instead of 4, lol!! Other than that, he's a sorry MFer that doesn't deseve to live here, send his ass to France!

My problem with Bush is he's an intelligent man whose thoughs get lost between his brain and tongue. I worked for a Ph.D. in math that was the same way and he drove me fukn batty because he was so scatterbrained. It was like I was working for Rainman.
ROB