Remember this on Nov. 11th!!!

  1. Remember this on Nov. 11th!!!


    Your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.

    He stays up for days on end.
    _________________________

    You take a warm shower to help you wake up.

    He goes days or weeks without running water.
    __________________________

    You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.

    He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
    __________________________

    You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up
    with your friends.

    He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
    __________________________

    You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

    He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
    __________________________

    You talk trash about your "buddies" that aren't with you.

    He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.
    __________________________

    You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.

    He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
    __________________________

    You complain about how hot it is.

    He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his
    brow.
    __________________________

    You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order
    wrong.

    He doesn't get to eat today.
    __________________________

    Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.

    He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
    __________________________

    You go to the mall and get your hair redone.

    He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
    __________________________

    You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.

    He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.
    __________________________

    You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.

    He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
    __________________________

    You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.

    He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.
    __________________________

    You roll your eyes as a baby cries.

    He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll
    ever meet
    __________________________

    You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.

    He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers
    why he is fighting.
    __________________________

    You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.

    He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.
    __________________________

    You see only what the media wants you to see.

    He sees the broken bodies lying around him.
    __________________________

    You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.

    He does exactly what he is told.
    __________________________

    You stay at home and watch TV.

    He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.
    __________________________

    You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.

    He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by
    gunfire.
    __________________________

    You sit there and judge him, saying the world is probably a worse place
    because of men like him.

    If only there were more men like him!

    If you support your troops, re-send this to everyone you know,

    If it gets to another veteran who hasn't received it yet, it will bring
    back memories.

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom


    Please remember our soldiers and veterans on November 11th!!


  2. Amen! Our brothers and sisters making sacrifices!

  3. Awesome thread Matt, puts many things into perspective.
    •   
       


  4. OOH- MOTHER****ING-RAHHHH!!!! Damn, that gave me chills, and as much as it sucked, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!! God bless our friends/family members/our fellow troops that are still out there fighting, and hope they all come back home safe, and soon! NICE POST! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS DAMN IT!

  5. Nice.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  6. Having lived all of those things on the military side, even being that guy that got hit, I can honestly say I would do it again in a heartbeat if I was physically able to.

    Jason

  7. Me, I wish I stayed in. I'm still in uniform but it's just not the same.

  8. good post big matt... you got some reps coming your way!

  9. nevermind, I must spread some around first... Oh well, I'd rep ya if I could

  10. I posted the "Nov 11th" thread on another forum website.....
    ...check out the reply from this guy:

    *"All the troops from the revolutionary war are dead. Nobody alive has ever died for my freedom thank you very much. "*

    ....he's correct...no one ALIVE has DIED for his freedom....

    My reply:

    That's right up there with other classic lines like this:

    Shooter McGavin: I eat pieces of S**t like you for breakfast.
    Happy Gilmore: [laughing] you eat pieces of S**t for breakfast?
    Shooter McGavin: No... I...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt


    *"All the troops from the revolutionary war are dead. Nobody alive has ever died for my freedom thank you very much. "*

    yeah I bet he voted for john kerry!!! that dude is a complete idiot

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

    I don't think that could be better said.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt
    I posted the "Nov 11th" thread on another forum website.....
    ...check out the reply from this guy:

    *"All the troops from the revolutionary war are dead. Nobody alive has ever died for my freedom thank you very much. "*

    ....he's correct...no one ALIVE has DIED for his freedom....

    My reply:

    That's right up there with other classic lines like this:

    Shooter McGavin: I eat pieces of S**t like you for breakfast.
    Happy Gilmore: [laughing] you eat pieces of S**t for breakfast?
    Shooter McGavin: No... I...
    Nice one! I definitely LOL'd

    Jason

  14. ....Thanks to everyone who has served or will serve.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    ....Thanks to everyone who has served or will serve.
    I second that..

  16. Third it, irregardless of who you vote for, these guys and gals are the reason we are even able to do so

  17. Brilliant!

  18. Hey Rogue, that was simply great. Thank you for sharing it. I would however change one small phrase. As a vet who lives and believes in serving and supporting his comrades young and old, I ask you to delete the phrase "don't support the troops". In my day 40 years ago and again today, there are many of us who serve(d) with and support our troops but still hold dear our right to oppose wars we do not believe in such as Nam and the Gulf.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman
    Hey Rogue, that was simply great. Thank you for sharing it. I would however change one small phrase. As a vet who lives and believes in serving and supporting his comrades young and old, I ask you to delete the phrase "don't support the troops". In my day 40 years ago and again today, there are many of us who serve(d) with and support our troops but still hold dear our right to oppose wars we do not believe in such as Nam and the Gulf.
    Not sure to what you are talking about mate. I would never say "don't support the troops", since I am currently in Iraq whilst we converse here.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    Not sure to what you are talking about mate. I would never say "don't support the troops", since I am currently in Iraq whilst we converse here.
    So you dont support the troops, lol
    big matt made the post, irish rogue just typed "brilliant!"
    This IS about support so i dunno......
    Definitely is motivating...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    So you dont support the troops, lol
    big matt made the post, irish rogue just typed "brilliant!"
    This IS about support so i dunno......
    Definitely is motivating...
    Support I have, Brilliant was for the comparison of the soldier vs. the dirty nasty leg. Perhaps I need to stop using Brilliant in America, it seems to confuse.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    Support I have, Brilliant was for the comparison of the soldier vs. the dirty nasty leg. Perhaps I need to stop using Brilliant in America, it seems to confuse.
    I was at no point confused i may be simple but im not simple.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    I was at no point confused i may be simple but im not simple.
    I gather that is why you are some what gifted.

  24. No Irish use brilliant all you want. I think Dutch was just having a senior moment

    Hey thank you to ALL the people who have served in ALL the wars, conflicts etc.

    I KNOW my family can go to the church they want to, or not go because of people like you.

    I KNOW my family can say what they believe in because of people like you. You fought MY fight for us and there is NEVER anything I can do or say that will pay you back for this.

    So please accept my heartfelt

    THANK YOU


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  25. Peace to all my fellow Vets. We deserve some peace.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  26. Brings back alot of memories. So much of that is true. Good find Matt. Very encouraging.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please remember this guys during the holidays....
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
  2. Hm..Read of this on another board.
    By xxtruxx1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
  3. Just posted this on another forum/Am I crazy
    By Lithuanian Bear in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
  4. bet they try to blame this on steroids
    By gqsuperman in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
  5. Can anyone beat this $ on Proscar?
    By mtruther in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Log in
Log in