Don’t stop until you finish reading all of this …
Note: I didn't check the math on this one but I assume it is correct.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its releases.
1. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
2. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
3. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
4. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
5. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes .... at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in your mind, let's take a look at New Orleans - It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division. Louisiana Governor, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress of the United States for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans.
Interesting number; what does it mean?
Well, there were 484,674 permanent residents of New Orleans prior to Katrina. That number, above, includes every man, woman, and child living in New Orleans.
If you were one of those 484,674 inhabitants, that $250 billion would provide $516,528.00 to each of you.
For a family of four, that would be a very nice $2,066,112.00 of our tax dollars.
Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans, your household gets $1,329,787.00
Dear Congress...................... ..... Are all your frigging calculators broken???