Nasrallah backtracks remarks

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Nasrallah: I would not have kidnapped troops had I known the outcome | Jerusalem Post

Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah said in a TV interview Sunday that he would not have ordered the capture of two Israeli soldiers had he known it would lead to such a response, an admission Israeli officials said shows that despite all his bluster and bravado, Nasrallah realizes he did not win the recent war.

Regarding the killing of three soldiers and the capture of Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev on July 12, which sparked the 34-day war, Nasrallah said, "We did not think, even one percent, that the capture would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude. You ask me, if I had known on July 11... that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not."

But you know.... who is to blame poor Nasrallah? I mean after all SINCE WHEN has illegally crossing an international border, killing several soldiers, and kidnapping two others, all unprovoked, constitutes as an act of war? silly Israelis....

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nasrallah: I would not have kidnapped troops had I known the outcome | Jerusalem Post

But you know.... who is to blame poor Nasrallah? I mean after all SINCE WHEN has illegally crossing an international border, killing several soldiers, and kidnapping two others, all unprovoked, constitutes as an act of war? silly Israelis....
You know what this means? This means they are a lot less likely to pull this kind of crap in the future. Israel hurt them. Hurt them BAD. They didn't sit back and take crap. They didn't negotiate. They bombed the ever living feces outta them. Repeatedly.

It seems that tactic works.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I read an article in my local newspaper called "Why Israel Won" ... Nasrallah was acting on behalf of Iran through this whole thing, and the Lebanese shiites did not agree with his actions. We know this because the shiite's who lived in the south FLED north, instead of staying and fighting Israel. The Hezbollah members of the Lebanese Cabinet disagreed with Nasrallah's actions. Most of the journalists in Lebanon disagreed with it. Even the supreme Shi'ite leader of Lebanon broke his years of silence to condemn Hezbollah.

They used the "Green Flood" afterwards, which is Hezbollah using Iranian money to pay the people of the country $18,000US if they can prove their house was damaged in the war. This will buy allegiance from the Lebanese people.

The Lebanese citizens are starting to see that their country was used as a pawn in the Ayatollah's games. They see that their country was war-torn for reasons they didn't even agree with.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nasrallah is merely trying to smooth things over since this war had some negative PR for Hezbollah. He'll play the victim card at the same time to try to feed more hatred against Israel.

Overall I think the war was a draw. Israel is still seen as an aggressor by many Muslims which feeds recruitment and support for Hez, Hamas, etcetera. Israel did kick some arse, but was also surprised by the tenacity of those few Hez fighters and by their acquisition of anti-tank missiles whick levels the playing field more than they would like.

South Lebanon has been denied to Hez, but for how long? Hez will be rearmed by Iran and Syria and the network will slither into some other mode of operation. You cannot win a network war with conventional warfare tactics.

Israel got the attention of the world and achieved UN intervention while at the same time holding Lebanon's feet to the fire and getting them to reclaim and control that territory.

devil

Awards
South Lebanon is in ruins, Nasrasllah is in hiding, a navel blockade on Lebanon is still in place, and Hezbollah will not gain the release of the hundreds of prisoners that they had hoped for. This despite the fact that Israel actually bungled their end of the operation from the get go.

There has been absolutely no shift in the balance of power in the Middle East. Israel certainly has to be better prepared in the future. But it's pretty clear that even their worst effort was more than enough.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is a shift in the political landscape. The Sunnis Arab governments do not want Hezballah to be a power in Lebanon. The war brought to their attention that Hezballah is an outpost, a branch office of the Iranians. They began to recognize the Iranian axis reaching from Tehran, across Iraq, into Lebanon, and possibly into Gaza.

The Arab countries, with the obvious exception of Syria, were actually rather pleased that the Israelis were cutting the Hezba down to size. Only later on, when the Lebanese infrastructure and civilian casualties were piling up, that they could no longer maintain their initial condemnation of Hezballah.

It would have been all good, had the IDF completed its mission on time.

So we are back to square one. The war did eliminate a significant portion of Hezballah's weapon stock. The long range missiles were eliminated.

Unfortunately, the war also created a myth that the IDF can be defeated with advanced ATGM. And now, every god damned Islamo terrorist is glamouring for the Kornet, and other missiles. An emboldened enemy is a guarantee for a second round.

devil

Awards
There is a shift in the political landscape. The Sunnis Arab governments do not want Hezballah to be a power in Lebanon. The war brought to their attention that Hezballah is an outpost, a branch office of the Iranians. They began to recognize the Iranian axis reaching from Tehran, across Iraq, into Lebanon, and possibly into Gaza.

The Arab countries, with the obvious exception of Syria, were actually rather pleased that the Israelis were cutting the Hezba down to size. Only later on, when the Lebanese infrastructure and civilian casualties were piling up, that they could no longer maintain their initial condemnation of Hezballah.

It would have been all good, had the IDF completed its mission on time.

So we are back to square one. The war did eliminate a significant portion of Hezballah's weapon stock. The long range missiles were eliminated.

Unfortunately, the war also created a myth that the IDF can be defeated with advanced ATGM. And now, every god damned Islamo terrorist is glamouring for the Kornet, and other missiles. An emboldened enemy is a guarantee for a second round.
Israel has little to worry about. All Hezbollah and the various other crazies have to work with is rhetoric and myth. Last time I checked these were not effective weapons in war. Remember Egypt also claimed victory over Israel in the six day war.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That may be true. But at this point, there are fools who got this silly notion that Israel is no longer invincible. Nevermind the actual reality. Arab delusion is legendary. And thus, they are emboldened to delude themselves into thinking that violence can get them what they want. For example, Assad is wondering loudly if he could start sh1t to recover the Golan. This delusion needs to be shattered. That is why, barring a miracle that brings Assad the idiot, to wise up and comes to the negotiation table, Israel will have to restore fear into the hearts of these idiots and scumbags.

If only Bibi becomes PM and Barak becomes Defense Minister....