Know what's kind of funny...

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. That was just flamboyance to illistrate how f'ed up the mentality of those pharm companies can be and their sole motivation, namely profits. I am not a conspiracy nut. Right wing wacko maybe but no nuts.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html


  2. Yes. There is drawback in the capitalist system of economy. Profit as a motivation has its limit and downside. Pharma companies have been raping the system for years with annual price hike far beyond any reasonable justification. It goes straight to the bottom line. When we analyze drug stocks, the growth rate is always based on rate of price hike (which is usually half of the total growth rate for the profit) plus sales growth.

    There are other forms of systematic abuse by the drug industry, but I don't want to go into that. Else I would be spending the eternity here. lol
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    That bolded part is correct, and it also contradicts your previous statement which is highly debatable.

    I find it much more appropriate to describe the above mentioned action as development from a single celled organism into a human being. There is no way I'd ever even consider the fact that a single celled organism, despite its fate, is a human being. It has the potential to become a human being, but as cloning has demonstrated, its not the only thing with potential (Look up Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer). Note: Somatic cells are any cell other than the two reproductive cells, and with somatic germ cells they were able to clone dolly the sheep.

    Its either human, or its not. It takes weeks before an embryo becomes a fetus and is distinctly human.
    I'm not sure why it is exactly you feel those statements are contadictory that would only be true if I believed like you that it takes weeks until it is human and I clearly do not believe that so no contradiction exists in these statements in my mind.I only agree with one of your statements,"it's either human or it's not" I could not have put it any more clearly or succinctly,well said.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    That's kind of analagous the 'patriot act' in a way, one little chip off our constitutional rights until we're a totalitarian dictatorship. (an extreme view, but nonetheless somewhat valid if things stay on their current course)



    When our politicians value human life more than they value money or power, then your point will be very much valid. Not that I dont agree with you (in some cases I do), but I dont think the president's value of human life was his sole motivator for the veto. Like others have pointed out to me though, its a good thing he did. Most everything the government touches they **** up.

    If life was so important to these people, then they'd do everything they could to avoid wasting it. They'd also do everything they could to ensure that everyone led a healthty and prosperous life, but that's far from the reality of it.

    BV
    I agree with you for the most part,Bush did veto this in part for political reasons,he is after all a polititian.I am not a republican party member and I disagree with alot of what he has done,the patriot act being one that I disagree with most of all, and I completely agree with you it's a blow to our constitutional rights.Everytime I read that qoute in your sig. from Ben Franklin "those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither" I think old Ben would not have been to fond of the patriot act.It seems that I am alone in my view on stem cell research, at least on this thread and that's fine with me,but to have people say that if you don't favor it they wish a "stem cell cureable disease" on you that's rediculous. I see all of your points and disagree, the ends do not always justify the means as I have already stated I would would rather die than benifit from what I believe to be an unethical,immoral application of science and medicine.If you don't agree with me I still hope any diseases you may contract are cureable(using adult stem cells).

  5. You may be all bravado about rather to die than to have some zygotes on a petri dish got flushed down the tube. Just wait till you see your loved ones die in front of you, then you can come and tell me you are cool with it. Until then, it is all bull****. People talk about death and suffering like it is nothing. Yeah. Till you have watched a young life expires into eternity and forever, in front of you and your heart breaks into a thousand tears that, it hurts so much that, you would rather cut your heart out with a steak knife, you haven't lived and don't know **** **** about death and pain and suffering and all that. When you have hold your loved one and heard the last breathe comes out and gone forever, and you literally felt your heart hurt from inside out, and you truly felt the emptyness and despair, until then, it is all empty bravado.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS
    I'm not sure why it is exactly you feel those statements are contadictory that would only be true if I believed like you that it takes weeks until it is human and I clearly do not believe that so no contradiction exists in these statements in my mind.I only agree with one of your statements,"it's either human or it's not" I could not have put it any more clearly or succinctly,well said.
    It was clearly contradictory.

    You said it is a human at conception, and then you said the zygote developes into a human (it undergoes a series of cellular divisions and differentiation.)

    Either way, that was a minor point.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    You may be all bravado about rather to die than to have some zygotes on a petri dish got flushed down the tube. Just wait till you see your loved ones die in front of you, then you can come and tell me you are cool with it. Until then, it is all bull****. People talk about death and suffering like it is nothing. Yeah. Till you have watched a young life expires into eternity and forever, in front of you and your heart breaks into a thousand tears that, it hurts so much that, you would rather cut your heart out with a steak knife, you haven't lived and don't know **** **** about death and pain and suffering and all that. When you have hold your loved one and heard the last breathe comes out and gone forever, and you literally felt your heart hurt from inside out, and you truly felt the emptyness and despair, until then, it is all empty bravado.
    I have been a critical care nurse for the past 14 years and and I have seen more death,suffering and despair than anyone should in a lifetime.This is the kind of nonsense that I hate you have no idea what I have been through, I'm 38 years old and I have held the hand of children and adult alike as they took thier last breath some family members included. My neice died at age 11 from cp and it was horrible, I would not wish that on my worse enemy. I still feel that the ends do not always justify the means,destroying life to save life is something I want no part of this is not bulls!t or bravado as so inaccurately assessed but rather a deeply held belief.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    It was clearly contradictory.

    You said it is a human at conception, and then you said the zygote developes into a human (it undergoes a series of cellular divisions and differentiation.)

    Either way, that was a minor point.
    it is a human in an early stage of it's development I still don't see the contradiction. but ok iguess

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS
    I have been a critical care nurse for the past 14 years and and I have seen more death,suffering and despair than anyone should in a lifetime.This is the kind of nonsense that I hate you have no idea what I have been through, I'm 38 years old and I have held the hand of children and adult alike as they took thier last breath some family members included. My neice died at age 11 from cp and it was horrible, I would not wish that on my worse enemy. I still feel that the ends do not always justify the means,destroying life to save life is something I want no part of this is not bulls!t or bravado as so inaccurately assessed but rather a deeply held belief.
    Bullsh1t! It is not the same. You were just a third party onlooker. You are just being self righteous about it. You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that you think it is the same pain, tells me you are just sitting pretty on empty bravado. You don't know the difference because you have not felt it. And yes, that is why it is just empty bravado.


    Since you are a 38 yr old nurse, then you ought to know a few things:
    You know damn well that mixing a sperm and an egg in a petri dish, does not create babies. You know damn well that the fertilized eggs have little chance of becoming fetus, EVEN if you try to implant it. You know damn well about the low success rate of implanting invitro fertilized eggs. You know damn well the argument that life begins at ferilization only applies in the womb, if at all. You know damn well you can't argue that flushing a petri dish full of fertilized eggs is an act of murder.

    Since you know damn well you have no leg to stand on on those argument, the only thing you have is misguided philosophy.

    So, all these bullsh1t bravado is just people like you trying to impose your misguided religious and personal belief onto others.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Bullsh1t! It is not the same. You were just a third party onlooker. You are just being self righteous about it. You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that you think it is the same pain, tells me you are just sitting pretty on empty bravado. You don't know the difference because you have not felt it. And yes, that is why it is just empty bravado.

    You just want to impose your misguided religious and personal belief onto others.
    A "third party onlooker" at the death of my neice you are ridiculous to even make a stupid statement like that.I value human life above all else I have never been accused of being dispassionate about the death of another human being before,I'm a bleeding heart in these areas. As usual you are wrong I do not wish to impose anything on anyone I'm mearly stating MY beliefs and also unlike you I recognize that others have different beliefs and I respect thier right to have and express that opinion.As usual any opinion that differs from your is "misguided" in almost every thread you post in it is you who are full of bravado.

  11. Like I said, you don't know what you are talking about. You think it is the same kind of feeling. That is the proof there that you are just a tourist. You have not a clue.

    Also, you don't even know what the hell bravado means.... sigh In those threads, I talked about facts on the ground, while others just wax philosophical BS. So yeah, facts on the ground beat philosophical BS any time of the day. That is called reality. Not bravado.

    All yeah, like I said before, just b/c you have the right to express your opinions, does not mean they are correct.


    Look, I am pretty sure, you are in all likelihood, a decent fellow and a good guy. I am sorry to have beaten up on you b/c of your position on this issue. You are not responsible for what went down. You just happened to agree with the position. Many of my compatriots agree with the position too. (But you all are still wrong. )

  12. Why call embryonic stemcell research destruction of human life? Why not call it murder? Because it would sound silly?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Why call embryonic stemcell research destruction of human life? Why not call it murder? Because it would sound silly?
    I think you are confusing me with a religious zealot,which trust me I am not,please note that I never once mentioned God.Ethics and morality are not solely the domain of the religious.We do not agree on this issue but that does not mean it has to degenerate into name calling and mudd slinging.I respect your views,I see your points and I still disagree with them completely.In closing bravado has more than one meaning look it up.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just got some torem looks kind of funny??
    By Colochine in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 02:16 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
  3. let me know what you think of this stack
    By seanf76 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  4. Let me know what ya think of my diet...
    By Hbs6 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
  5. What Kind of gear can do this?
    By Rhinoman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 05:03 AM
Log in
Log in