Gaza militants say fired chemical-tipped warhead

size

Awards
  • Established
Gaza militants say fired chemical-tipped warhead
Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39pm ET9

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Just heard it on the radio....we'll se what happens. that palestenians are just asking for genocide if they start pushing too much harder.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Are Palestinians trying to dig their own graves or something ?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Probably a very calculated move by Al Aqusa to escalate things and possibly embarass the US by feigning that they have some of Iraq's chem weapons

A dumb move overall. Israel will annhilate the offending parties and people will forget all about them.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Well, Israel invaded Gaza today (yesterday - gotta remember it's the other side of the planet) after some Hamas militants attacked an Israeli tank, killed all the crew but one and took that last one prisoner. the Israelis have destroyed power for 700,000 people and blown some key bridges.

Last I heard, they found a body which they think is their missing soldier.

Most of the rockets fired from Gaza land in empty fields. It will be interesting to see if (assuming it is a chemical munition) where it was made (they make a lot of their own munitions).

Bad bad bad.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel forces tighten Gaza grip

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Just heard it on the radio....we'll se what happens. that palestenians are just asking for genocide if they start pushing too much harder.
I believe that the "genocide" started along time ago.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The body found is the one of another civilian kidnapped. an 18 year old kid shot in back of the head.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Well people ,all you have to do is look and see this is a broad global war and is going to get a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does. Pakistan is barely holding the line in the war against the hardline fanatics that came from Afghanistan and it's own backyard, Saudi Arabia is getting into daily gunbattles in their cities with Al Qaeda.. Iran is working 24 x 7 to get atomic weapons and has already said it will wipe Israel of the world map.. Israel is fighting for it's life to keep Hamas and PLO from killing innocent civilians.. It's basically coming down to the western world [ aka Christian ] against Islam, which has been hijacked by a wave of new religous fanatiscm to kill the infidels [ us ] and any moslems who help us..I really shudder to think what this world is going to be like in I say 2 more years ... The US intelligence community is saying it's 90% probable we will get hit again like 9/11 ..it's only a matter of time .. These are the same kind of fanatics that took a Russion school hostage and killed over 390 kids .. think what that would do to the US morale if it happened here .

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
well i guess the good news is... now that Israel will whipe them off their map... the world isn't going to end in a Christianic sort of way...Israel has to give up much of its land and live in peace with palastine for the savior to return..... that aint happening any time soon lol

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you remember the recruiting sarge from Muchael's Moor film on 9/11 he was killed today in Iraq when trying to detonate a roadside bomb. may god rest his soul.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
If you remember the recruiting sarge from Muchael's Moor film on 9/11 he was killed today in Iraq when trying to detonate a roadside bomb. may god rest his soul.
Do you have a citation on this?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
That's weird it was all over the place earlier, but I can't find it now.
I'm not doubting it, was just hoping to be pointed in the right direction to read more.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well people ,all you have to do is look and see this is a broad global war and is going to get a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does. Pakistan is barely holding the line in the war against the hardline fanatics that came from Afghanistan and it's own backyard, Saudi Arabia is getting into daily gunbattles in their cities with Al Qaeda.. Iran is working 24 x 7 to get atomic weapons and has already said it will wipe Israel of the world map.. Israel is fighting for it's life to keep Hamas and PLO from killing innocent civilians.. It's basically coming down to the western world [ aka Christian ] against Islam, which has been hijacked by a wave of new religous fanatiscm to kill the infidels [ us ] and any moslems who help us..I really shudder to think what this world is going to be like in I say 2 more years ... The US intelligence community is saying it's 90% probable we will get hit again like 9/11 ..it's only a matter of time .. These are the same kind of fanatics that took a Russion school hostage and killed over 390 kids .. think what that would do to the US morale if it happened here .
YOu did a good job of outlinng the painful truth here. Too bad people seem to ignore it all for the idealistic fantasies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Politics 297