Al - Zarquai Killed in Iraq!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Al - Zarquai Killed in Iraq!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    Im glad this Zarqawi's mother****er got what was coming to him, after the atrocities he's commited. What you don't hear in the news is how some women and children also died in the bombing that took him out, and that's sad.

    Honestly, to destroy this man I understand some civilian casualties were acceptable to our military commanders...but as the casualties keep mounting on both sides - with no end in sight - its just kind of heartbreaking.

    I want these al-queda *****es dead as much as anyone, but like mentioned in previous posts, the cause of such violent religious fanaticism needs to be addressed as well, it has no place in modern culture. Hopefully, what the US is doing now will pan out in the long run and in a couple decades Iraq will be a central point of commerce and peaceful democracy in the middle east. A damn shame how much blood is going to be spilled before that happens though. But then again, I cant think of one great nation that hasent been founded on a multitude of senseless human carnage.

    BV

  2. New Member
    DinoTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but I am not an American, and if I was would not align myself along political lines. To address the silver-lining concept, if you read my posts I never once said this is not a good thing. What I was trying to state however, is that though this small victory can and will be savoured by a select few, the masses SHOULD NOT be lulled into thinking this is a significant military victory. It simply is not. In such global matters I do not think it is pertinent to focus too much on the death of one individual. As I said before it was this same logic that led the United States into this war in the first place.

    Also, to both CDB and Dinotrainer, I do not think the "why arrest the Son of sam, only another serial killer will take his place" argument has much precident here. Although there are, and have been many serial killers, as their cases standed they are isolated individuals. Arresting that one serial killer is effective as it eliminates the threat of that one individuals further course of action, there is a direct correlation between crime and personal accountability. Although another serial killer will arise, he will not continue on the same path, for the same victims, in the same city, etc., Seeing as Zarqawi was part of a vast network, that if left continually unchecked can/will threaten the safety of individuals everywhere, trying to create an analogy between his deeds and one individual serial killer has no merit beyond that of personal satisfaction and closure for his known victims families. Zarqawi is not a serial killer in one city, he is a small part in a now global socio-political, socio-economic and unfortunately religious struggle. Although his death is great for the families, it really does have no bearing on the entire stuggle.
    I wasn't referring to you in my post. I was referring to all the Democrats who have been down playing this to ridicolous levels. I have herd what are suppose to be main street democrats say that Bush killed him now to bolster his numbers and the waining support for the war, that he is hyping this up because he held a press conference, and they God forbid, showed a pic of this piece of **** dead, that violence only begets violence, we made him a martyr, and on and on with the non-sense.

    I rejoice in this pricks death the way i will when they finally kill Bin Laden and splatter his death photos all over the news. I can't wait for us to see the military footage of the strike aganist that piece of ****. Yeah it will make him a martyr to some, but thats a given. You also have crazy women sending scott petersen there soiled undies.

    And democrats and republicans should stand and rejoice together that this prick is dead, that Hussains sons are dead, that hussian is rotting in jail, that Bin laden will hopefully be dead soon. Fight politics over the deficit, taxes, health care etc not our security.

    And Mullet, your theory that why kill Zarquai, becuase only someone else will step in his place and threaten the same lives doesnt hold water. Then why go after Bin Laden? Why go after any terrorist, especially if they are a leader then? It is a big deal to kill these people. That just isnt true that no damage is done to them when the top level people get killed and are no more. It can send them into disarray, even for a small period of time, enough time to destroy them even more. This killing of Zarquai led to even more intelligence on there operations.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoTrainer
    I wasn't referring to you in my post. I was referring to all the Democrats who have been down playing this to ridicolous levels. I have herd what are suppose to be main street democrats say that Bush killed him now to bolster his numbers and the waining support for the war, that he is hyping this up because he held a press conference, and they God forbid, showed a pic of this piece of **** dead, that violence only begets violence, we made him a martyr, and on and on with the non-sense.

    I rejoice in this pricks death the way i will when they finally kill Bin Laden and splatter his death photos all over the news. I can't wait for us to see the military footage of the strike aganist that piece of ****. Yeah it will make him a martyr to some, but thats a given. You also have crazy women sending scott petersen there soiled undies.

    And democrats and republicans should stand and rejoice together that this prick is dead, that Hussains sons are dead, that hussian is rotting in jail, that Bin laden will hopefully be dead soon. Fight politics over the deficit, taxes, health care etc not our security.

    And Mullet, your theory that why kill Zarquai, becuase only someone else will step in his place and threaten the same lives doesnt hold water. Then why go after Bin Laden? Why go after any terrorist, especially if they are a leader then? It is a big deal to kill these people. That just isnt true that no damage is done to them when the top level people get killed and are no more. It can send them into disarray, even for a small period of time, enough time to destroy them even more. This killing of Zarquai led to even more intelligence on there operations.
    Kay, I am actually starting to get aggrevated over this, I DID NOT ONCE SAY THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE KILLED HIM!! I am going to go back and quote my own posts so you can see what I said, and then I will say it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    My point is TO NOT FOCUS ON ONE INDIVIDUAL in order to treat the symptoms of this struggle aggressively. And not be drawn into thinking one death is going to irexorably change the course of this war, it will not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    True. If you view it at the micro perspective his death is a symbol of justice, and reconciliation for the families of the innocent people he killed. When analyzing the situation on an interpersonal level, and one could make a case for a global-moral level, it no doubt has symbolic precendent. I would not disagree with that in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I want to reiterate that I am not trying to dimish the sense of relief and satisfaction that the families of his victims may feel, nor imply in any sense that his death means nothing. I just feel that his death should be viewed as a small moral victory. Viewing it as any more, or focusing too much importance on it will do nothing but perpetuate the situation.
    Like I said. I love a healthy debate, but I take serious offense when someone engages in one, yet refuses to take in and truly disgest what the other person is saying. I have said countless times that I do not feel that they should not have killed him, or that killing him will yield absolutely nothing. What I said, and meant, was that when one views the entire socio-political event of this war his death is not a major military or functional victory. The point of my posts is to realize one man did not start a war, one man does not carry it out, and one man's death does not finish it. What got your country in this war in the first place is the attitude of personal accountablity and retribution, coupled with intense feelings of vulnerability and a breeding, if only temporary, distaste for the other (being the moslem community). I am trying to stress that in no way is this conflict going to be resolved, or come close to being resolved from one death. He was a waste of skin, and I am glad he is dead, I just will not be fooled into thinking this is a major victory. It would seem the only individual in this thread that took the time to read my posts and glean the point I was trying to establish is BV.
    •   
       

  4. CDB
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Though his death does serve as a huge moral victory I refuse to be encapsulated by that emotion and lose, even for a second, a grasp on the true reality of the situation.
    I do agree. I just find the situation a bit odd. The guy deserved what he got, and now everyone who was using his at large status as some kind of evidence of ineffectiveness in Iraq is now playing down his death as nothing big. I find the double standard interesting. I don't think Iraq is a good situation, don't get me wrong. If we are successful there it may end up being a good thing, but I personally think we'll have to be there 20 years easily to be succesful, and I doubt that will happen. I think the place will fall apart shortly after the first major US troop withdrawals.

    You say I should step forward for a second and view the details. Yet, ironically, the current administration used this same logic as they convinced the American public to focus on the one seemingly focal detail of the war in Iraq, that Osama Bin Laden had some connection with Sadaam Hussein. I personally think the time to fixate on details has long passed. If more Americans had a complete understanding of how their vulnerablitity and intense feelings of the need for retribution were taken advantage of to justify an unjust war, I believe they would focus far more on the bigger picture as well
    Good point.

    I want to reiterate that I am not trying to dimish the sense of relief and satisfaction that the families of his victims may feel, nor imply in any sense that his death means nothing. I just feel that his death should be viewed as a small moral victory. Viewing it as any more, or focusing too much importance on it will do nothing but perpetuate the situation.
    I agree.
  5. CDB
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Also, to both CDB and Dinotrainer, I do not think the "why arrest the Son of sam, only another serial killer will take his place" argument has much precident here. Although there are, and have been many serial killers, as their cases standed they are isolated individuals.
    I was only pointing out the lack of deterance that this one kill is likely to provide doesn't take away from the point that he deserved to die.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I was only pointing out the lack of deterance that this one kill is likely to provide doesn't take away from the point that he deserved to die.
    Oh exactly, and I truly was never trying to dispute that. He deserved to die 100%. My point was always on the larger socio-political scale, never on the front of personal accountablity and retribution. Though seemingly all of my comments were taken that way.
  7. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    This is just one big waste of breathe. But that is what the internet is for. lol

    It is very simple. The killing of Al Qaeda's poster boy is a stunning political, military and intelligence victory for the good guys.

    But the Dems, the lefties and America haters cannot stand the fact that America under Bush, is winning.

    So therefore, they put on the usual dog and pony show, to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. Just because it is a tracherous and despicable thing to do, never stops them. So what else is new?

    Who gives a sh1t about 1 jihad, 2 jihad, big jihad, little jihad, or great jihad? There are all mad dog howling. You can go hide under the desk, but like they said,"You can come out from under the desk now, Nancy. Gunny has your ass covered." No one who knows what is going on, is cowing in fear.

    There can be no compromise with those Islamo Facists. The Russians know it. The French know it. The Arabs know it. These fanatics should be hunted down and killed off, just like what the Saudis, the Algerians, the Jordanians, the Egypians, the Russians have been doing to them.

    This 'socio-politico' stuff is crap. Yeah sure, you can convert to Islam (be sure it is Sunni, else it does not count and you are still gonna die), institute Sharia, establish Global Caliphate, submit to the rule of Osama and his clergymen. That is the 'socio-politico' root cause that the Islamo Facists are having issues with. Yeah, good luck with that! Better hurry up and surrender. We don't want to stall on solving the root cause of this big 'socio-politico' problem.


    You can go bellyaching about root cause, symptom, compassion, blah blahblah. It is all a total waste of breathe. "You can come out from the desk now, Nancy. Gunny has your ass covered." We know how to deal them and we are dealing with them.

    Back to work. Have a nice weekend.:bb:


    P.S. The Iraqi got it right when Prime Minister Malik said," Every time a Zarqawi appears, we will kill him. We will continue confronting whoever follows his path. It is an open war between us."

    Take it from those who live it.
  8. New Member
    DinoTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Kay, I am actually starting to get aggrevated over this, I DID NOT ONCE SAY THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE KILLED HIM!! I am going to go back and quote my own posts so you can see what I said, and then I will say it again.








    Like I said. I love a healthy debate, but I take serious offense when someone engages in one, yet refuses to take in and truly disgest what the other person is saying. I have said countless times that I do not feel that they should not have killed him, or that killing him will yield absolutely nothing. What I said, and meant, was that when one views the entire socio-political event of this war his death is not a major military or functional victory. The point of my posts is to realize one man did not start a war, one man does not carry it out, and one man's death does not finish it. What got your country in this war in the first place is the attitude of personal accountablity and retribution, coupled with intense feelings of vulnerability and a breeding, if only temporary, distaste for the other (being the moslem community). I am trying to stress that in no way is this conflict going to be resolved, or come close to being resolved from one death. He was a waste of skin, and I am glad he is dead, I just will not be fooled into thinking this is a major victory. It would seem the only individual in this thread that took the time to read my posts and glean the point I was trying to establish is BV.
    Mullet, I said I wasnt talking about you, but of the debate that started to rise immediately after finding out he was killed. I was addressing what democrats are saying, not what you were saying.

    the only personal response I have to you is that you are right this is not THE military victory that finishes this war, but rather a good piece to helping end it. Just a piece, but an important piece. There are alot of fence sitters there, who arent sure if we are going to stick this out to full completion. Events like this help sway those fence sitters to our side and away from the insurgents. So therefore it is a functional victory. It is a functional victory because of that action, yeilded more intelligence info about there activities, it will help sway the fence sitters, it shows we are making progress because it was iraqis who ratted this guy out.

    And what is this distate of muslim people you talk about, that we have in our country. What got us into Iraq was that for over a decade Saddam Hussain never abided to the UN terms. He played games with the inspectors, he was flying into the no fly zone areas AND shooting at our fighter planes patroling the no fly zone areas. Even though they didnt find nukes, they did say he had an active program for re-constituting those programs. We had plenty of justification for getting rid of Hussain.
    After 9/11, I believe our President changed his views. Just like Japan and Germany were our eniemes in WW2 and Vietnam was an enemy in the 60's and 70's, now, in this time they are friends and allies. I believe the President is looking for long term goals here, that in 20-30 years this could change the whole land scape of the middle east and making the next generations more secure from Islamic radicalism. it wasnt retribution and distate of muslims that brought us into Iraq.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    This is just one big waste of breathe. But that is what the internet is for. lol

    It is very simple. The killing of Al Qaeda's poster boy is a stunning political, military and intelligence victory for the good guys.
    You're right. Truly, how could I have been so foolish to not see how the US military has this entire situation under complete control? Well it is probably because, as CDB said, there is not a chance the US will pull out of Iraq successfully unless they are there for 20 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard
    But the Dems, the lefties and America haters cannot stand the fact that America under Bush, is winning.
    Lefties? America haters? Is your argument and belief system that desperately one-sided that you result to labelling when you don't have perspective on another individual's view? There are many labels I could have immaturely placed on you given your previous responses, but I usually like to base my comments on the statements, not who I think the person is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard
    So therefore, they put on the usual dog and pony show, to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. Just because it is a tracherous and despicable thing to do, never stops them. So what else is new?
    If thinking logically and not wholey ingesting every word George W. Bush struggles to say is despicable then I may very well be the most horrible person on earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard
    Who gives a sh1t about 1 jihad, 2 jihad, big jihad, little jihad, or great jihad? There are all mad dog howling. You can go hide under the desk, but like they said,"You can come out from under the desk now, Nancy. Gunny has your ass covered." No one who knows what is going on, is cowing in fear.
    This is the same type of ignorant attitude that will keep your country there for 10 years. The "1 jihad, 2 jihad, big jihad, little jihad, or great jihad" is an integral part of the culture that your president has aligned himself against. Effectively, his military is only fighting the extremists, but there is a growing contempt for the United States in the Middle East. It may benefit you to drop the inherent racism in your comments and learn something about the Moslem religion and culture.

    There can be no compromise with those Islamo Facists. The Russians know it. The French know it. The Arabs know it. These fanatics should be hunted down and killed off, just like what the Saudis, the Algerians, the Jordanians, the Egypians, the Russians have been doing to them.
    Never once said they should not be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard
    This 'socio-politico' stuff is crap. Yeah sure, you can convert to Islam (be sure it is Sunni, else it does not count and you are still gonna die), institute Sharia, establish Global Caliphate, submit to the rule of Osama and his clergymen. That is the 'socio-politico' root cause that the Islamo Facists are having issues with. Yeah, good luck with that! Better hurry up and surrender. We don't want to stall on solving the root cause of this big 'socio-politico' problem.


    You can go bellyaching about root cause, symptom, compassion, blah blahblah. It is all a total waste of breathe. "You can come out from the desk now, Nancy. Gunny has your ass covered." We know how to deal them and we are dealing with them.
    Yes, you are right, analyzing a situation under it's socio-political lines is complete crap. Taking into account the religious and social history of the region, in order to truly understand it's inherent connection with political happenings of the region is being a *****. We should follow your logic and just destroy every individual whose skin isn't the same shades as ours. I truly despise labelling people along political lines, because I believe it implies a certain extremism, and close-mindedness, not only on their part, but on mine as well. However, your comments unfortunately ooze with an arrogant, "good ol' boy" attitude that displays how much actual thought you invest in global issues. So, I will continue to think logically how an assertive approach fixating on destroying the network's means to transport, communitcate and function properly, effectively treating the disease. You can continue to shoot all the Iraqi's you want and have more of your soldiers killed in a conflict that will drag on longer than you will expect.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Al-Qaida in Iraq warns pope that Islam will prevail
    By Leggo my Ego in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 11:59 PM
  2. Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Air Raid
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 11:10 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in