DPW Going To Screen Our Cargo At Ports

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

DPW Going To Screen Our Cargo At Ports

In a failed amendment to the emergency-spending bill, Mr. Schumer tried to force all ports participating in the Container Security Initiative -- that's more than 40 of the world's busiest ports including Singapore, Rotterdam and Tokyo, among others -- to model their cargo-screening systems after Hong Kong's if they want to keep sending cargo to the United States. Beyond its bullying unilateralism, this would have ended up handing much of the country's foreign-cargo screening records to Dubai Ports World.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.45%

Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    In a failed amendment to the emergency-spending bill, Mr. Schumer tried to force all ports participating in the Container Security Initiative -- that's more than 40 of the world's busiest ports including Singapore, Rotterdam and Tokyo, among others -- to model their cargo-screening systems after Hong Kong's if they want to keep sending cargo to the United States. Beyond its bullying unilateralism, this would have ended up handing much of the country's foreign-cargo screening records to Dubai Ports World.
    Huh??? What did I miss??? Wasn't Schumer railing against DPW just a few short months ago???
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yes he was.... lol.. i love this story more and more that i hear about it.....
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 02:45 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 01:05 AM
  4. silent post for our troops going to war..
    By BigAl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 11:58 AM