Timothy McVeigh and Zacarias Moussaoui

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
I do recall that he was a military guy and he had some experience in the military that really hardened him. There was no sympathy for McVeigh, and yet in the case of Zacarias Moussaoui, "Awwwwwwe, he was an orphan! Awwwwwwe, he was he was beat up by his dad!" Oh, everything you've ever heard on the Oprah show or from a California jury.

The difference in Timothy McVeigh and Zacarias Moussaoui is that McVeigh is the exact thing we feel guilty about: racist, sexist bigot. We had to put him to death because he reminds us of how rotten we are, or were. The fat that we've progressed and that we're not a bunch of McVeighs is lost on people, because in our hearts, "We are a McVeigh, and so we're going to assuage our guilt for being McVeigh by putting him to death, but Moussaoui? Awe, poor guy! Not really instrumental. He missed the bus on the way to the attack. He could have told us about it and he didn't, but we don't want to make him a martyr." I'm telling you what: the collective guilt of this nation is on full display when you look at the differences in the way we dealt with McVeigh and Zacarias Moussaoui.

Spartan117

Awards
I agree, when I saw the direction the jury was going I thought only in America. Where does the hypocrisy end. The question now is is he really safe in a supermax with 23hr solitary confinement. Truth is we prolly saved him from worse fate by not sending back home to his people. Hey but don't you feel good knowing we are paying the $30-40,000/yr it costs to encarcerate a prisoner.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think your anger is misplaced. Be mad at the slimey attourney's representing Moussaui and the handful of idiot jurors who can be swayed by emotional crap. I think most Americans, self included, want him to fry like a piece of bacon.

I'll even throw the switch if it makes you feel better.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I feel the same way, sheit that dude needs to die, I can't believe we spared this piece of trash life, because we are trying to show how Gracious the US is.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I do recall that he was a military guy and he had some experience in the military that really hardened him. There was no sympathy for McVeigh, and yet in the case of Zacarias Moussaoui, "Awwwwwwe, he was an orphan! Awwwwwwe, he was he was beat up by his dad!" Oh, everything you've ever heard on the Oprah show or from a California jury.

The difference in Timothy McVeigh and Zacarias Moussaoui is that McVeigh is the exact thing we feel guilty about: racist, sexist bigot. We had to put him to death because he reminds us of how rotten we are, or were. The fat that we've progressed and that we're not a bunch of McVeighs is lost on people, because in our hearts, "We are a McVeigh, and so we're going to assuage our guilt for being McVeigh by putting him to death, but Moussaoui? Awe, poor guy! Not really instrumental. He missed the bus on the way to the attack. He could have told us about it and he didn't, but we don't want to make him a martyr." I'm telling you what: the collective guilt of this nation is on full display when you look at the differences in the way we dealt with McVeigh and Zacarias Moussaoui.
Agreed...its disgusting. Our country has become pussified. I cant' believe the same european blood that made the world what it is today runs through the veins of the cowards in western civilization.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
On contemplation, this has probably been my single most-boneheaded response on the internet. Perhaps more an example of wishful thinking on my part.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you serious, he will be in a MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON with no contact with people, besides gaurds. He will be on break for an hour, and will be watching black and white TV on religion, anger management, and some other crap. I was watching Good Morning America, and alot of the victim's family's were saying we are showing the rest of the world how Gracious we are.

I am like :wtf: we kill people for robbing and killing convience store clerks but we don't kill a guy who had prior knowledge of America's worst act of terrorism?

Yet we are spending 30-35k a year to house this piece of s*h*i*t???

Yes Kywck america has become pussified, but even then a woman would have killed his ass.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
the only good i may see of this.. is if they understand that this guy is too stupid.. give him an inch to contact someone on the out side.. and maybe hope to lead us to them... but thats me just being VERY VERY open minded

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jury does crazy things. There is nothing new there.

Let's not extrapolate that into some sort of collective quit of us as a people.

One jury would fry his ass. Another would eat up the bleeding heart crap. It is the luck of the draw that he got lucky with this particular jury.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to pipe in Jimmy Swagger's world famous "I have sinned!" :D lol He will beg to be executed by the end of the week. lol

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
so he is going to be dealt with how pugsley and wednesday adams were dealt with at their summer camp?

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The story is this: nobody knows what he did. Moussaoui pretends that he was a part of 9/11 but Al Qaeda denies his involvement in anything. He had yet to actually do anything except "conspiracy."

My guess is that he's putting himself out there as a martyr but what happens when you martyr yourself to people who don't give a damn about you? He's an idiot who should probably be psychologically evaluated.

Since he doesn't give a damn about his own life so why should we?