Retired Border Patrolman Writes Open Letter to Sen. Bill Frist
- 05-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Retired Border Patrolman Writes Open Letter to Sen. Bill Frist
Dear Senator Frist:
There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about illegal aliens, particularly illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan and Honduran aliens.
1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S. citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the United States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans. What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence without paying the price.
2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. Illegal aliens are doing jobs that Americans can't take and still support their families. Illegal aliens take low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence home, share expenses and send money to their home country. There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a decent wage.
3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They are NOT homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their home countries. They come to send money to their real home as evidenced by the more than 20 billion dollars sent out of the country each year by illegal aliens. These illegal aliens knowingly and willfully entered this nation in violation of the law and therefore assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their children.
4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy. Illegal aliens constitute less than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages and benefits for lawful U.S. residents.
5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded by immigrants (legal immigrants), it is also true that there is not a nation on this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time or another.
6. The United States is welcoming to legal immigrants. Illegal aliens are not immigrants by definition. The U.S. accepts more lawful immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined.
7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic vote". Hispanics are white, brown, black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Republicans, Democrats, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The so-called "Hispanic vote" is a myth. Pandering to illegal aliens to get the Hispanic vote is a dead end.
8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans have resented the United States. During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S. During World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from Mexico. During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S. to operate freely. The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico. Today Mexican school children are taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, new Mexico and Texas. If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written for their schoolchildren.
9. Although some illegal aliens enter this country for a better life, there are 6 billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those live on less than one dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a valid excuse to break the law and sneak into America, then let's allow those one billion to come to America and we'll turn the USA into a Third World nation overnight. Besides, there are 280 million native born Americans who want a better life. I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald Trump want a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since when is wanting a better life a good reason to trash another nation?
10. There is a labor shortage in this country. This is a lie. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives, senior citizens, students, unemployed and underemployed who would gladly take jobs at a decent wage.
11. It is racist to want secure borders. What is racist about wanting secure borders and a secure America? What is racist about not wanting people to sneak into America and steal benefits we have set aside for legal aliens, senior citizens, children and other legal residents? What is it about race that entitles people to violate our laws, steal identities, and take the American Dream without paying the price?
For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure our borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society has resulted. This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be high. There has already been riots in the streets by illegal aliens and their supporters. There will be more. You, as a politician, have a choice to offend the illegal aliens who have stolen into this country and demanded the rights afforded to U.S. citizens or to offend those of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep either way. There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do you have the courage to do what is right for America? Or, will you bow to the wants and needs of those who don't even have the right to remain here?
There will be a reckoning. It will come in November of this year, again in 2008 and yet again in 2010.
We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and thieves.
David J. Stoddard
U.S. Border Patrol (RET)
- 05-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Well written letter and I agree completely with it. I think that illegal immigrants should get the boot and we should build a wall. I am not sure why they think they are entitled to our country. You want to come here, you need to EARN the right to come here, show you are willing to be a citizen and contribute. That is how the world works. Job interviews, college applications, all of life is this manner, why should the use not work like this?
- 05-04-2006, 01:41 PM
If there's not profit to be had, then Frist doesn't care.
05-04-2006, 01:42 PM
thats the motto of all in power .. how it is, how it always will be :-(
05-04-2006, 02:12 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Great read. Though while i agree with the problems identified in the letter there is no mention to a solution, which seems to be the most difficult to agree on. How exactly do we kick the illegals out? How do we even successfully find them all? Are we going drop them all of in Mexico and say good luck finding your way home? Are going to fly them to their home countries?
05-04-2006, 02:12 PM
05-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Its been proven.. and even if it was not.. the message is still the same and valid...
how do we find them.. well
go to home depot... car washes, the sides of roads where they stand in the dozens waiting... hell.. some towns build buildings so they can wait in them ... we know where they are... bring them back and if they wish to be a citzen.. follow the laws..
05-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Build a wall, that keeps more from running in. Finding the rest would be hard, but just because we cant find all that are in our country does not mean we should not try to prevent more from coming in. I would like to see a wall or a very large fence that is manned at certain points across the border.
05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Ill-Tempered Sea Bass
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
its all so ... annoying. my grandparents went through so much to get legalized....... and they absolutely adore america...
great letter....too bad nothing will come out of it.
05-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I really don't understand why this issue is so difficult for our government to fix. The fact is these people are breaking laws. If I rob a store and am caught do you think I'll be granted amnesty. At the very least they are stealing from tax paying citizens. This really makes no sense as to why politicians are having trouble coming to a decision.
05-04-2006, 08:31 PM
its because we are heading into a true one world system of government.. it already, more or less, works in that way.. more so economically.. so lines in the dirt wont make nations any more... we will all one day be singing the Global song at sporting events... acting like we are happier than pigs in Shhhh... but.. opening more and more terror attacts... and giving up more and more of what makes us free...
05-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Reason is because our world is being less and less run by government and large corporations are gaining more and more control. Large companies make profit off of cheap illegal mexican labor in the states, they can pay below minimum wage without shipping goods to other countries. Large companies have lots to say with what goes on in government, prime example is ciggerattes are still around. Everyone knows they are bad and such, but they still are (yes there is also the fact that taking them off the market would effect our economy as well). Business round table has many goals the publicly make and they have lots of influence in government.
05-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Frist actually introduced a bill that even Tom Tancredo endorsed--I have some hope in him. Problem is that it got watered down the moment that it hit the floor, and he didn't defend it. I just think he's way too willing to compromise. He sort of has to in his position as Senate Majority Leader, but there's no excuse for him to be as weak-kneed as he has been. It doesn't help that Bush is completely turning a blind eye this, and Frist doesn't want to look too out of step with the President.Originally Posted by The Experiment
The problem with illegal immigration is that the Democrats would love to have a new base to cater towards (and fact of the matter is, the more illegals we let in the, the poorer they're going to remain, and the more likely to vote Democrat) and the Republicans are in love with political money. It doesn't matter that the people are steaming mad and ready to throw the whole lot of them out of office. This is about power and money.
It's a shame that we don't have Republicans in the Senate like those in the House. This problem would have been fixed if we did.
05-07-2006, 07:57 AM
How about organizing a mass protest attended by all Illegals? Then having major network television press coverage. Then examining the video tape to identifiy the illegals.Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
The government recently ran a large multistate sting operation to track all warrent jumpers. The results of which were very effective.
Ideally I think it should come down to punishing the companies that hire illegals. If the resturants and daylabor market would be removed as an option there would be no choice for the illegals.
My personal experience with an illegal Brazilian girlfriend was that; the illegal mindset was such that they only wanted to be in the US long enough to secure funds for some project in their "beautiful " home country. Many were noble in their quests, to help a sick relative, but none wanted to remain in the US even, if they became citizens.
People that struggle to become citizens legally, such as my current Cuban-born girlfriend, have a vested interest in this country. They understand the value of a buisness and the work ethic that it takes to maintain one.
So, I think that if the legal risk became the responcibility of the buisness owners, they would be less likely to hire illegals, even friends and cousins from their "home" countries.
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
i agree.. we should strip any sort of protection rights.. much like cali. prop 187 ... do not allow them into public schools, do not allow them to seek medical attention, do not allow them to vote in any sort of election, do not allow them to pass go.. they can't collect 200 bucks. .they go back.. to the end of the line.. if they want to try to become a true citizen.. grand.. let them in then
entering america.. getting a job and getting money all for just sending it all back to your "beautiful home land" is like keeping your first wifes picture in your second wifes bedroom...
and i also agree.. fine the living crap out of buisnesses. they work on the cheap.. yes.. but they really don't do all the jobs that american's wont do... they devalue our dollar thus keeping americans away from those jobs because we cant manage to pay into our own system with said amount of money given.
05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Umm, illegals can't vote.Originally Posted by mtruther
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
thats not totally true.. some local governments allow anyone to vote.
the theory that political hacks have in granting these people automatic citizenship is that.. they will vote for the party that is more outspoken of their cause...
the democrats are losing the "black" vote as they call it and they need to create a whole new peoples to keep their party alive. They wants people to be in need.. they wants people to stay down and unable.. thats how they win
Similar Forum Threads
- By Vitruvian in forum NutraplanetReplies: 11Last Post: 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
- By methusaleh in forum NutraplanetReplies: 16Last Post: 08-12-2006, 05:33 PM
- By msclbldrguy in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2003, 04:37 PM