Iran “will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology,”

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Iran “will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology,”


    This could be bad. I believe we (America that is) will need to step up to the plate yet again.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12267675/


    Makes me think of this thread and the truth behind what is stated in it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/gener...ghlight=saddam


  2. Can we economically afford another war at this point ?
    •   
       


  3. I should have added to my rephrasing of Delta's original post:

    "Dad, there's a guy on the other side of the street and he is a legitimate threat to us. Let's take care of him!"

    "Can't do it son, because our military forces are already stretched thin fighting two never ending wars in two other countries, the majority of which are in one that we probably shouldn't have gone into in the first place. Also, people here at home are pretty weary of the war, not to mention how the hundreds of thousands of soldiers must feel. Getting support for another military action even if it is justified is going to be hard, son."

    "**** dad, if we didn't invade Saddam's house to stop his wife beating we would have been able to take care of this. Now we've jailed Saddam, his wife is dead anyway, we have still have to use a massive amount of our forces arbitrate the custody hearings for his kids, and people at home and in the neighborhood are so pissed off at us for doing that to begin with that it's going to be hard to get something done about this prick in Iran who is possibly a threat."

    "Exactly, son."

    "Gee dad, guess an ill advised war has so many bad practical consequences it should be avoided at almost any cost despite ideological muttering from interventionists. Thanks for the added lesson."

  4. CDB when you do move to Mexico, become a politician. You sound just like one.

    EDIT: And yes, that is a joke.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I should have added to my rephrasing of Delta's original post:

    "Dad, there's a guy on the other side of the street and he is a legitimate threat to us. Let's take care of him!"

    "Can't do it son, because our military forces are already stretched thin fighting two never ending wars in two other countries, the majority of which are in one that we probably shouldn't have gone into in the first place. Also, people here at home are pretty weary of the war, not to mention how the hundreds of thousands of soldiers must feel. Getting support for another military action even if it is justified is going to be hard, son."

    "**** dad, if we didn't invade Saddam's house to stop his wife beating we would have been able to take care of this. Now we've jailed Saddam, his wife is dead anyway, we have still have to use a massive amount of our forces arbitrate the custody hearings for his kids, and people at home and in the neighborhood are so pissed off at us for doing that to begin with that it's going to be hard to get something done about this prick in Iran who is possibly a threat."

    "Exactly, son."

    "Gee dad, guess an ill advised war has so many bad practical consequences it should be avoided at almost any cost despite ideological muttering from interventionists. Thanks for the added lesson."
    I wasn't really thinking of a war per se. I was thinking of placing 1 or 2 tridents in the persion gulf, asking Iran politley to stop the cr*p, and if they don't turn the place into a parking lot.
    •   
       

  6. Re: Iran “will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology,”


    Quote Originally Posted by sweet-physique
    I wasn't really thinking of a war per se. I was thinking of placing 1 or 2 tridents in the persion gulf, asking Iran politley to stop the cr*p, and if they don't turn the place into a parking lot.
    I have 6 years experience in our military and was fortunate to "visit" some lovely places in our world. I mention this to point out that i am not so idiot or antiamerican. I love my country, I've bled for it. That being said I'd like to state the following
    !) President Boy George posturing and /or possibly planing to invade Iran is a giant ****ing mistake
    2) We have enough problems already
    3) We cannot afford the current "war" let alone another doubtless similarly well scouted and planned action
    4)Stictly speaking we no right to tell Iran or any other soverign nation what to do. That being said, I am not happy with the fact that they have the capability.
    5) I am surprised the Israelis are'nt more involved-not even going there
    6)launching any kind of nuclear strike would result in serious problems and retaliation, from one or more sources. Don't think for a second that there are'nt other muslim countries that are capable and have a few issues with us
    7) the solution to the problem is not to compound it
    thank you for your time, I truly hope this issue is resolved without further bloodshed

  7. Yea, They were thrusting their fists in the air proclaiming "God is great" because they now have nulcear capabilities for electricity. I like sweet physiques idea about the parking lot. While they are at it, fire some of those towards N. Korea as well. Damn, I wish Patton was still alive. Our neighborhoods and streets are not the same as they were when we were kids. People who never thought of owning guns now protect their families with one because of the times. This awareness should be, and is being carried out around the world, as you kick back on your couch at night. Remember playing King of the Mountain? Well these f**king nuts are trying to knock the king off the mountain. Guess who is king? They want to kill us all. You too. They really do. Stop thinking that this will all go away if we just back off. Can we afford it? Who cares! Do you guys like traveling to different parts of the country? If we back down, you probably won't be allowed near either New York or Washington D.C. because of the nuclear fallout, not to mention L.A., Miami, Chicago and others. I say we take them out. The Pucker Factor in Washington right now is off the charts. Imagine relaxing with friends at a good BBQ and finding out that one of our major cities has been leveled. You better finish that beer fast, party is over.

    I'm sure I'm overreacting, right?

  8. they don't have squat......

  9. NK cannot move anywhere. It is like Jabba the Hutt. LOL

    They can't even feed themselves properly. How the hell are you going to fight a war?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    CDB when you do move to Mexico, become a politician. You sound just like one.

    EDIT: And yes, that is a joke.
    He probably wouldn't be able to survive down there.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    they don't have squat......
    That's right. It is all hot air and propaganda. They have a track record of hyping their abilities. lol

  12. Probably get flamed... seems to have been alot lately but anyway...

    Iran took the hostages after throwing out the Shah. Stood up to the Evil USA(THEY SAID IT NOT ME) and became the Big Dog in Muslimia(?) Got into a standoff with Iraq and got caught getting arms from US through Israel

    Al-Q blows up the WTC then flys into it on 9/11. Wacks the USS Cole and the embassies in between. Iran is no longer the Big Dog!

    Now they see a chance to get back to the top of the heap... US is to busy to properly lump them up soooo... stand up and shout!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Probably get flamed... seems to have been alot lately but anyway...

    Iran took the hostages after throwing out the Shah. Stood up to the Evil USA(THEY SAID IT NOT ME) and became the Big Dog in Muslimia(?) Got into a standoff with Iraq and got caught getting arms from US through Israel

    Al-Q blows up the WTC then flys into it on 9/11. Wacks the USS Cole and the embassies in between. Iran is no longer the Big Dog!

    Now they see a chance to get back to the top of the heap... US is to busy to properly lump them up soooo... stand up and shout!

    Except that you left out the crucial fact that the Iranians are not Arabs. Until the rise of the Ottoman Turks, the Persians have been brutalizing Arabs whom they still considered inferior, for thousands of years. The Arabs hate the present day Iranians. And the Arabs are predominantly Sunnis, who consider the Sh1te Iranians heretics to be converted or wiped out. The Arab minorities in Iran today, hate the Iranian government and have been carrying out bombing activities against Iranian interests.

    The ruling mullahs cum ayatollahs, hate America. But the Iranian people love America and American culture.

    Nothing is that black and white in that part of the world. And people there have very long memory. They still fantasize about the Crusades, and even about how they gave Alexander's army a hard time.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    If they're starving, they can't be Jabba the Hut Like.

    If you're starving what do you do? Kick in your neighbors door and steal his food.
    1. You must have missed the pics of Kim and Thugs Inc. LOL They are not starving. The rest of the country is.

    2. Except that your neighbors are stronger, better armed, and have tougher friends, than you do! Stalin and Mao are gone now. Their successors will not come to your aid. You got nothing. You have no friends. All you have is nuclear blackmail bluff.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Except that you left out the crucial fact that the Iranians are not Arabs. Until the rise of the Ottoman Turks, the Persians have been brutalizing Arabs whom they still considered inferior, for thousands of years. The Arabs hate the present day Iranians. And the Arabs are predominantly Sunnis, who consider the Sh1te Iranians heretics to be converted or wiped out. The Arab minorities in Iran today, hate the Iranian government and have been carrying out bombing activities against Iranian interests.

    The ruling mullahs cum ayatollahs, hate America. But the Iranian people love America and American culture.

    Nothing is that black and white in that part of the world. And people there have very long memory. They still fantasize about the Crusades, and even about how they gave Alexander's army a hard time.
    Are they Muslims? ...me against my brother, but me and my brother against the infidel."

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    What's the probability of the North Koreans moving on the South if they see us occupied with Iraq, Afghanistan AND Iran?

    I don't think they will, but it would seem to be the best time for them to make a move.
    The South Koreans have tanks called "mini M1A2's" we already know what happens when old soviet junk tanks take on our tanks. The problem is North Korea has nukes and chemical weapons. We nullify that though with our own nukes, but South Korea has none.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Except that you left out the crucial fact that the Iranians are not Arabs. Until the rise of the Ottoman Turks, the Persians have been brutalizing Arabs whom they still considered inferior, for thousands of years. The Arabs hate the present day Iranians. And the Arabs are predominantly Sunnis, who consider the Sh1te Iranians heretics to be converted or wiped out. The Arab minorities in Iran today, hate the Iranian government and have been carrying out bombing activities against Iranian interests.

    The ruling mullahs cum ayatollahs, hate America. But the Iranian people love America and American culture.

    Nothing is that black and white in that part of the world. And people there have very long memory. They still fantasize about the Crusades, and even about how they gave Alexander's army a hard time.
    Yep the people love us and the government hates us, really wierd. The Arab governments are more pro-American and the people hate us. Heck the Arab governments don't even like us much.

  18. I love it how some of the board members seem to have obtained top secret intel on Iran and N. Korea (being the stable countries that they are) and their plans for the nuclear tech. they have created.

    Zip, squat, nothin, nada, hype, hot air, propaganda. Oh, I'll add one, Poppyc**k. This is fun.

    I bet you would like to taunt a Rottweiler inside of an invisible fence too?

    Our taxes pay for the "present day" spy missions over these very countries which have blackmail bluff, hot air, and Jabba the hut.

    How can these countries fight a war, if they can't take care of themselves? Easy. Unconventionally. Modern day Kamikazees. If you don't deliver this dirty bomb, we'll kill your family etc....
    A couple of guys fought a war on 9/11 in order to praise Allah and get their virgins. You weren't talking about that "stand in a perfect line, march into battle type war" were you? The Redcoats tried that here in America and they got mowed down. It's dirty pool from here on out. Compact nuclear weapons are going to be a real threat in the future. (On our home turf)
    Last edited by Mach .78; 04-11-2006 at 08:31 PM.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    CDB when you do move to Mexico, become a politician. You sound just like one.

    EDIT: And yes, that is a joke.
    I couldn't be a politician. The **** in my past, I'd be a sitting duck.

    But then again, you did say Mexico...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by sweet-physique
    I wasn't really thinking of a war per se. I was thinking of placing 1 or 2 tridents in the persion gulf, asking Iran politley to stop the cr*p, and if they don't turn the place into a parking lot.
    That would be my solution, but no politician, even W, would do something like that.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    He probably wouldn't be able to survive down there.
    This from a guy who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag without the help of the Wal Mart smiley.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    This from a guy who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag without the help of the Wal Mart smiley.
    LOL If only you knew.... lol
    So, when are you putting your money where your mouth is and actually move to Mexico?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    LOL If only you knew.... lol
    So, when are you putting your money where your mouth is and actually move to Mexico?
    When you post something worth a response and without a smiley. Should give me some time to plan and you can catch up on your Scooby Doo episodes and coloring books.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    LOL If only you knew.... lol
    So, when are you putting your money where your mouth is and actually move to Mexico?
    When you donate to AM.
  25. Re: Iran “will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology,”


    Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Except that you left out the crucial fact that the Iranians are not Arabs. Until the rise of the Ottoman Turks, the Persians have been brutalizing Arabs whom they still considered inferior, for thousands of years. The Arabs hate the present day Iranians. And the Arabs are predominantly Sunnis, who consider the Sh1te Iranians heretics to be converted or wiped out. The Arab minorities in Iran today, hate the Iranian government and have been carrying out bombing activities against Iranian interests.

    The ruling mullahs cum ayatollahs, hate America. But the Iranian people love America and American culture.

    Nothing is that black and white in that part of the world. And people there have very long memory. They still fantasize about the Crusades, and even about how they gave Alexander's army a hard time.
    Spot on..there are a lot of variables to consider, and there are many that still dwell on past history. Do you know how many Iranians I've met who told me they were "Persian"?
    I agree the Iranians have little now, but they are brighter than the Libyans who have tried for 20 years and have a bunch of parts that don't fit if you catch my drift. North Korea is just posturing, really
    You know, maybe we should be more concerned with WHERE they got the source materials and specialists. I think the truth would scare you. And enough with the "lets nuke them" mentality. It's a nice adolesent fantasy of power, but it will solve nothing. Have you even seen a person die violently or caused it? I am not taking you to task here, but this is'nt the schoolyard.I am in no way opposed to military force if needed.but I really dislike the "we're Number one and we'll kick the **** out of you if you don't like it" attitude Highly developed there. Somewhat like our genius president . Again I have nothing against military conflict...just do it the right way. I have little faith that the current administration can.

  26. I will venture a guess on the fate of the 3000 new centrifuges Iran is going to be coming out with.......snap, crackle, pop, finito. We are the worlds super power and I personally sleep better at night knowing we have the capability of destroying brick buildings with sound waves etc... I do not wish for war, but if they bring it? The principal individuals involved are called radicals for a reason. Their way of thinking is way out wacko. Knocking out the leaders and their military would be doing the Iranian people a favor. They are receiving warnings right now at this very moment. If someone told me they were knocking down my house unless I got rid of a mean dog I owned, I would get rid of the dog. It's a liability. I don't think they are going to get rid of their dog, but we will help them, don't you worry.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    When you post something worth a response and without a smiley. Should give me some time to plan and you can catch up on your Scooby Doo episodes and coloring books.
  28. Re: Iran “will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology,”


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I hope we're trying to cut their supply lines, like pressuring whomever is selling them ~2,836 centrifuges to get 3,000 to not do so.

    Won't stop them if they are determined to proceed, but maybe it buys us valuable time.

    Lordy, lordy, what times we live in. International relations have always been confrontational, now we're all spectators to troubling developments with news reports we can't personally verify.

    I'm hesitant to commenting on international affairs, because unlike the domestic issues that I have direct participation and timetested credible inside sources for, I'm a sidelines spectator looking into a fog of limited perspectives and mixed agendas. I won't foolishly claim to be THE expert on domestic security affairs, but I'm far more confident of my interpretations here then of things afar.
    Bingo chief. They never should have been allowed to get to that point. Does anyone one SERIOUSLY think no US companies were involved at all in the prolifrigration on nuclear technology? At the very least, monitor the pakistanis, armenians etc...riiiight. You know, Israel has been nuclear capable since 1973, yet no one is too concerned? I don't like extemist wacko governments any more than the next guy, have you looked at the Israeli govenment lately? Iguess it's ok for them to violate human rights etc because they're "threatned". Really? perhaps if:
    1)we distributed our aid with a few more caveats (re; Clintons dealings with Israel and the peace talks) My inference is that is if you're getting a check from us, try towing the line
    2)Military fact, Israel could kick the **** out any and probably all arab countries particulary with the absence of Iraq.
    3) the US, Britain especailly and a few other western countries are in no small way historically responsable for some of the current trends in the middle east. Just a point
    That being said, if they do decide to get froggy and threaten to launch a nuclear attack...maybe its time for me to serve a third tour. I never said I had a problem defending my country or
    putting a round in someone....I just want to be damn sure I'm not being manipulated for some
    other purpose. Down boy..this is getting heated, I think it's time to lift!!!
    Do you know what democracy is ?
    "We can agree to disagree..respectfully"
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Will Brink on the U of Tampa Arachidonic Acid study
    By SwolenONE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 05:31 PM
  2. Replies: 422
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:30 PM
  3. SHIFT Sale will end at the end of the month.
    By nattydisaster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 09:50 AM
  4. How soon on the arrival of the new Cissus?
    By scott72 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Log in
Log in